He’s being a bit of a… Tim Booth calls out Morrissey amid far-right support claims - Echo

He’s being a bit of a… Booth calls out Morrissey amid far-right support claims - Echo
Press Association 2018

Tim Booth has labelled Morrissey a “dick” amid claims the revered singer supports the far-right.

The former Smiths frontman has just postponed his UK and European tour dates with his management saying “logistical problems” were to blame.

Booth and Morrissey were contemporaries in the Manchester music scene of the 1980s, as members of James and The Smiths respectively, with Booth saying the pair were once friends.

The 58-year-old, who is preparing to release a new album with James titled Living In Extraordinary Times, told the Press Association: “I knew Morrissey as a friend when he was sweet, very shy, very frightened. Wanting success, wanting what happened with The Smiths and also terrified of it simultaneously.

“I saw about their seventh gig in Manchester and they were fully formed. They were ready, they were lock and loaded. And we weren’t.

“They were so kind to us. Morrissey called us the best band in the world, they took us on tour, they tried to take us to America but we actually turned them down. And they were so sweet, all of them, for years.

“But I know he’s become a bit of a dick.”

Booth also said Morrissey’s former bandmate, Johnny Marr, “kept that band together” and was “one of the sweetest human beings you will ever meet”.

Morrissey, 59, recently sparked fury when he expressed sympathy for the jailed EDL founder Tommy Robinson.

Protesters labelling themselves former fans of the singer planned to hold an anti-racism party to coincide with his gig at the Castlefield Bowl in Manchester before it was postponed.

Booth added: “As I say, he did some very kind things for us so therefore it’s hard for me to say he’s a dick but he’s being a dick at the moment.”

43413_tim_booth.jpg

Tim Booth performing with James (Karin Albinsson/PA)

Last edited by a moderator:
He’s being a bit of a… Booth calls out Morrissey amid far-right support claims - Echo
Press Association 2018

Tim Booth has labelled Morrissey a “dick” amid claims the revered singer supports the far-right.

The former Smiths frontman has just postponed his UK and European tour dates with his management saying “logistical problems” were to blame.

Booth and Morrissey were contemporaries in the Manchester music scene of the 1980s, as members of James and The Smiths respectively, with Booth saying the pair were once friends.

The 58-year-old, who is preparing to release a new album with James titled Living In Extraordinary Times, told the Press Association: “I knew Morrissey as a friend when he was sweet, very shy, very frightened. Wanting success, wanting what happened with The Smiths and also terrified of it simultaneously.

“I saw about their seventh gig in Manchester and they were fully formed. They were ready, they were lock and loaded. And we weren’t.

“They were so kind to us. Morrissey called us the best band in the world, they took us on tour, they tried to take us to America but we actually turned them down. And they were so sweet, all of them, for years.

“But I know he’s become a bit of a dick.”

Booth also said Morrissey’s former bandmate, Johnny Marr, “kept that band together” and was “one of the sweetest human beings you will ever meet”.

Morrissey, 59, recently sparked fury when he expressed sympathy for the jailed EDL founder Tommy Robinson.

Protesters labelling themselves former fans of the singer planned to hold an anti-racism party to coincide with his gig at the Castlefield Bowl in Manchester before it was postponed.

Booth added: “As I say, he did some very kind things for us so therefore it’s hard for me to say he’s a dick but he’s being a dick at the moment.”

43413_tim_booth.jpg

Tim Booth performing with James (Karin Albinsson/PA)

So now we have Marr putting Moz down as a new album out , now Booth needs to sit down with his new album, is this a pathetic Madchester trend sad idiots

Britain was issues when standing up against child grooming and religious cults makes you the bad person.

Anybody else has to promote their new record? It's time to vilify Morrissey. # 1 chart position. Guaranteed.

a group who have been living off one hit a long long time ago,another in the long list,who will be next.

Britain was issues when standing up against child grooming and religious cults makes you the bad person.

Grooming, paedophile and slavery shocking in this day and age stop it, this country need to sort it out and now

Oh, it's so very hard for him to say he's a dick. So hard, he said it three times? Personally, I find his use of the word 'dick' so passé. It's a non-word. Much prefer 'cock'.

I’m still waiting to hear from these people what law Morrissey has broken, besides having an opinion with which they disagree. I think I’ll be waiting a long time. I might wear my IngSoc tshirt today to celebrate their mindless idiocy.

Booth is pretty great though. He comes across as a proper hippy in the best sense, but calling Morrissey a dick and wrapping it in a series of nice caveats probably means Tim’s actually really rather miffed.

I’m still waiting to hear from these people what law Morrissey has broken, besides having an opinion with which they disagree. I think I’ll be waiting a long time. I might wear my IngSoc tshirt today to celebrate their mindless idiocy.

Booth is pretty great though. He comes across as a proper hippy in the best sense, but calling Morrissey a dick and wrapping it in a series of nice caveats probably means Tim’s actually really rather miffed.

Let all toss bags jump on the band wagon, however who out all the tossers recently have had more albums and more successful,easy answer the Mozzer

Still a really fine band, but again we can do without his silly opinion on Morrissey.
Why not, if that’s his opinion he’s entitled to to it. He will no doubt get loads of shit off people on here today. People who have actually never met Morrissey. Tim has and speaks very nicely of him when he was younger and like others, doesn’t appear to like what he has become?

Why in these articles do they refer to hm as 58yrs old...didnt he have his 69th birthday in May.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom