Hawick, Scotland - Hawick Town Hall (June 21, 2011) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in. Beware of anonymous set list trolls!

Set List: (may not be in correct order)

I Want The One I Can't Have / First Of The Gang To Die / You Have Killed Me / Shoplifters Of The World Unite / Everyday Is Like Sunday / There Is A Light That Never Goes Out / Alma Matters / Speedway / One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell / People Are The Same Everywhere / Satellite Of Love / Action Is My Middle Name / I Know It's Over / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / Meat is Murder / Irish Blood, English Heart // This Charming Man

set list provided by Because

Last edited:
f*** you crystalspine if directed to me, wtfs a troll . My life has not even begun so... and i am maybe being slightly rash in saying this about morissey but am i the only one?

No you weren't being a troll, the mention of moms was coincidental. It was directed at the person posting the random shit here to get a rise. I'm sorry to hear you got kicked out for defending your mother. He seems to have a very agressive security staff. Don't hate him, though I could see why that would be upsetting. I bet Morrissey would do the same thing if someone punched his mom.

Well am sorry for the coincidence cos you seem quite sound and about hating on him i don't mean it at all and the words aren't true though i think i need some time away from listening to him and i really can't understand the attraction to going to see him consecutively cos the set lists the same and now am just sucking up but your theory on life is a pigsty was quite interesting.What is a troll some lord of the rings reference?

Superb gig, truly superb, Moz looked like he was really enjoying himself and seemed almost sorry to leave at the end. Only 2 of the new songs played - Action and People Are the Same Everywhere ('except the Chinese'). Opened with 'I Want the One I Can't Have' straight into 'First of the Gang to Die' then tore through the hits, hard to catch your breath when it's classic single after classic single. The Lou Reed cover was top, Boz's mock-Bowie backing vocals near the end were a treat! The instrumental at the end of Meat is Murder and the video backdrop was really effective and people really gave it the respect it deserved. Great crowd, all in good voice. 'I Know It's Over' is a truly life affirming addition to the set, went down increidbly well. The band are hugely prepared for Glastonbury on Friday and should have Worthy Farm in the palm of their hand, it's Moz's for the taking.
Viva Moz, Hawick is louder than haters

never a truer a word spoken
why not come out for christ sake
unless of course its something to be ashamed of

most people think so but whats that ever mattered to you

if you are so anti establishment stand up for being queer

no thought not

not that brave then

I'm trying not-very-hard to stay away from here so I don't get too excited about seeing him on the 30th, and am definately failing! XD Was 'I know it's over' on the setlist tonight? I would do nearly anything to see that.

Mention was made of Andy Murray's lack of success!

You cheeky consumer monkey you!

never a truer a word spoken
why not come out for christ sake
unless of course its something to be ashamed of

most people think so but whats that ever mattered to you

if you are so anti establishment stand up for being queer

no thought not

not that brave then

:thumb:

I think the setlist went as follows

I Want the One
First of the Gang
You Have Killed
Shoplifters
Sunday
There Is A Light
Alma Matters
Speedway
Goodbye/Farewell
Action
Satellite of Love
People Are the Same
Know It's Over
Paris
Ouija Board
Meat is "Shit"
Irish B
/Charman

Narrator PLEASE fix this site so that Anonymous A-holes stop trashing it. This site is SO informative and has great potential to be the best Moz site out there, but the negativity is astounding! Every time I get on for gig info there's some dickhead deliberately spewing rotten, vomit-laden words. Have people LOG in to comment ONLY! And for those wondering why I, a Moz fan since '86, am posting anonymously, its because this site won't acknowledge my damn email and password (for years now dammit). For POSITIVE Moz fans join Morrissey News on Facebook! !!!

thx scotland gig go'ers for the posts and comment:thumb:

especially the few clips were great, hope his physical
condition will long during the tour

Me thinks a solid goog gig at Glastonbury could give
Morrissey a chance to pick a label, as the managers see
The Mozzer is still in good shape, and indeed his voice is getting way better
over the years

is there BBC footage live from Glastonbury? or another Brittish TV hosting channel

Show. If he were really sorry, he could easily play 2-3 more songs.

He's said before that One hour and fifteen minutes is the max for his voice; as a singer myself I respect that. No point in caning it in Hawick and being f***ed for Glastonbury and the rest of the tour.

I think the setlist went as follows

I Want the One
First of the Gang
You Have Killed
Shoplifters
Sunday
There Is A Light
Alma Matters
Speedway
Goodbye/Farewell
Action
Satellite of Love
People Are the Same
Know It's Over
Paris
Ouija Board
Meat is "Shit"
Irish B
/Charman

So only 18 songs this time and no kid's a looker?

He's said before that One hour and fifteen minutes is the max for his voice; as a singer myself I respect that. No point in caning it in Hawick and being f***ed for Glastonbury and the rest of the tour.

Is this so? There certain texts that I can only read out loud for about one hour, then my voice is finished. There are other texts that I can read for three hours with no effect on my voice.

Absolutely brilliant gig. Still feel shame that same set list - just a little mix up would have been greatly appreciated. Also why not more new songs if already written??? Most of Meat is Murder and Queen Is Dead were sung at concerts prior to release of albums!! Venue fantastic, small and very hot as could be seen on Moz. Why shouldn't families be present? I have been dreaming of a time I could take my kids - one used to sing You Have Killed Me at time of Tormentors and the other is currently into There Is A Light..... Band on good form tonight and pleased Moz chatted more and shook a lot of hands. You could see band appreciation at end with the stand and hand shaking. Support band okay - much better than Perth - but again shame everything seems a little rushed. Perth seemed a little bit of a finale with I Know It's Over and Farewell but Hawick fills me with confirmation Moz will be back in Scotland touring in the future.

this time last week i was on the train to perth,what a week its been.perth and dunoon fantastic shows.tenth time seeing him and not a cancelation yet.mozz doesnt cancel scotland,not for a long time anyway.think he likes to make it almost a mozz event in the small towns.good for their economy as well.as usual with scots gigs hard to get a bootleg.

I am not the world's biggest taper, but I've only failed once before - and that was back in 1987. But was foiled last night (was just going to use my MDV as a recording device as my mindisc packed up the night before) and had to hand it in. I would've got the Mdisc in I reckon.

Security was super-tight, with a big list of stuff you weren't allowed to take in. This is a strangely Moz-centric phenomenon - there wasn't even a pat-down for the Glasvegas date at the same venue earlier in the year.

Still a few cameras/phones in evidence so hoping for something to emerge.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom