Have you ever written a (fan) letter to morrissey?

Discussion in 'General Discussion archive 2018 (read-only)' started by lanterns, Sep 16, 2018.

?

have you ever written a (fan) letter to morrissey?

1. never ever

2. yes, once (upon a time)

3. yeah, a couple of times

4. yo, many times

5. yes, sir, every single fuc*kin day

6. a few years ago

7. not so long ago

8. recently

9. not yet

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. lanterns

lanterns the original

so s/he, mal, didnt?
    to your first question: yes, actually i would. not sure what you mean with your second question. to your third: did he?

2. Amy

Amy from the Ice Age to the dole age

Mal probably didn't ask, no. What real reason would he have, since they discuss nothing more sinister than Smiths CDs and James Dean? My second question refers to the fact that Morrissey stopped responding to all fan mail a long, long time ago - so even if you did ask permission to use some old cards, you'd never hear back from him. Crazy question, really. Like someone saying "I've found buried treasure" and getting a response like, "Ah, but did you have planning permission to dig there?"

3. lanterns

lanterns the original

if i imagine someone, maybe an old classmate or former friend, publishing a postcard with my name on, that i wrote 20 years ago, no matter what the content, and without my consent, i wouldnt like it, because it had originally been sent not to the public but to this one person alone. i would consider it a disrespectful breach of trust.
    and then, does not replying to a question automatically mean "yes"? i wouldnt say so. but i think that people are treated differently when they are in the public eye.

4. evennow

evennow So, console me. Otherwise, hold me Subscriber

I'm afraid I have a better chance of taking a selfie with Bigfoot and The Loch Ness Monster than of ever finding love. The search party for love has been called off as the years have proven it a complete exercise in futility. As for writing, I consider myself to be:

The Ponderer

Oh well, I'm the type of guy who never writes things down
    They call me the ponderer
    Yeah, the ponderer
    My thoughts abound, abound, adound

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
  5. rifke

rifke queen of the universe

is it because you're largely unlikable?

Last edited: Sep 23, 2018
  6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Rifke You have a florid personality disorder and this shows in you spiteful comments and general non stop bizarre over sharing. Please reflect on this and if you wish to hook up Urb - anus has given you the only request you're ever going to get.

• Troll Troll x 2
  7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I sent a letter (rather a song I’d written) to Jimmy Pursey when I was about 12 lol. And I once read a book that touched me, and as for once the author was still alive, so I sent a letter lol. :D

• Like Like x 1