"Hatful of Hollow" - The Vinyl Frontier at Norden Farm, Maidenhead, Berkshire (Aug. 16 2013)

Posted by Vinyl Jeff:

Date: Friday August 16th

Hatful of Hollow, played in full on vinyl with added chat, slides, pics all set amid shambolic but charming IT skills.

Played on amazing top end hi-fi system (worth an eye-watering £35K!)

Starts at 8pm

Tickets £6 (102 capacity venue)

(Audience from previous VF events votes for future LPs to be featured if you wondered how the selection was made)

Also featuring 14 of Stephen Wright's iconic prints dotted around the venue, lent especially for the evening.

Box Office 01628788997 (Maidenhead is about 30 minutes outside London between Slough & Windsor)

here is info on the event via a link to the event page: http://nordenfarm.org/?tmpl=event&e_id=17701

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Article: "Hatful of Hollow" - The Vinyl Frontier at Norden Farm, Maidenhead, Berkshire (Aug. 16

This is down the road from Chez Alma and coincides with my daughters birthday so we're in!

Love Alma xxx

It's YOU! Blimey, you're alive! Nice to hear from you!

P.

Re: Article: "Hatful of Hollow" - The Vinyl Frontier at Norden Farm, Maidenhead, Berkshire (Aug. 16

It's YOU! Blimey, you're alive! Nice to hear from you!

P.

Yep....been lurking....and working.....and studying.....hence the absence!

Been meaning to pop my head around the door for ages.....so thanks for rolling out the welcome mat!

Love as always
Alma xxx

This is down the road from Chez Alma and coincides with my daughters birthday so we're in!

Love Alma xxx

Alma, if you're close by you might also like a heads up for September 13th when there is a One Off Vinyl Frontier special for The Queen is Dead at Norden Farm, with only 30 tickets available as it's a small gallery venue. It's to 'launch' the start of a 3 week exhibition of Stephen Wright's whole rock photo portfolio but obviously the emphahsis is on the Salford Lads photos. The tickets are £8 and include a signed photocard and he'll be there too.

Alma, if you're close by you might also like a heads up for September 13th when there is a One Off Vinyl Frontier special for The Queen is Dead at Norden Farm, with only 30 tickets available as it's a small gallery venue. It's to 'launch' the start of a 3 week exhibition of Stephen Wright's whole rock photo portfolio but obviously the emphahsis is on the Salford Lads photos. The tickets are £8 and include a signed photocard and he'll be there too.

Thanks! :thumb:

Love Alma xxx

Yep....been lurking....and working.....and studying.....hence the absence!

Been meaning to pop my head around the door for ages.....so thanks for rolling out the welcome mat!

Love as always
Alma xxx

Alma
Was wondering about you the other day! PM Skinny for my email address please :)

Jukebox ''Come On City'' Jury :thumb:

I've been away for a week and a few kind folk have taken the trouble to get in touch having tracked me down via various social media, so I'll answer a couple of questions:

Q: "Are you a Smiths fan?"
A: Not in the way you are, I'm certain. I'm a fan of music and particularly vinyl versions of it. People who come to my show invariably know as much or more about specific album info than I. And that's how it should be. I like to learn stuff at a show as much as dole out the facts and trivia. I do a lot of research but misprints on album sleeves are a level or two of fandom above me.

Q: "How many tickets are available?"
A: About 35 now...

Q: "Do you 'tour' The Vinyl Frontier?"
A: I haven't but I would certainly come to your event/festival/convention if requested.

A week today: Hatful of Hollow in full vinyl beauty, Norden Farm Arts Centre, Maidenhead, Berkshire. £6 a person. All ages welcome (swearing at a minimum).

I've been away for a week and a few kind folk have taken the trouble to get in touch having tracked me down via various social media, so I'll answer a couple of questions:

Q: "Are you a Smiths fan?"
A: Not in the way you are, I'm certain. I'm a fan of music and particularly vinyl versions of it. People who come to my show invariably know as much or more about specific album info than I. And that's how it should be. I like to learn stuff at a show as much as dole out the facts and trivia. I do a lot of research but misprints on album sleeves are a level or two of fandom above me.

Q: "How many tickets are available?"
A: About 35 now...

Q: "Do you 'tour' The Vinyl Frontier?"
A: I haven't but I would certainly come to your event/festival/convention if requested.

A week today: Hatful of Hollow in full vinyl beauty, Norden Farm Arts Centre, Maidenhead, Berkshire. £6 a person. All ages welcome (swearing at a minimum).

Thanks for the update.....looking forward to Friday! :)

Love Alma xxx

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom