Has the Solo forum improved after the wave of bannings?

Did the mod crackdown imrpvoe the forum?

• Total voters

Theo

The SoLow police recently conducted a crackdown on various people deemed menaces to the forum.

Do you find that the sweeps improved the forum?

I'll be honest. I have to struggle to find a thread I wanna post in now.

So...was the crackdown worth it?

Re: Has the SoLow forum improved after the wave of bannings?

Did the mod crackdown imrpvoe the forum?

I actually told myself to try not to make typos, but still I failed.

NRitH and Flax are not banned.
They're still visiting forums, but for some reasons Flax stopped posting.

A 3 day time out was not the reason for disappearance of NRitH.
If you look very closely he is still posting, but he seems ashamed of having 18K plus postcount.

Last edited:

NRitH and Flax are not banned.
They're still visiting forums, but Flax stopped posting.

If you look very closely NRitH is still posting, but he seems ashamed of having 18K plus postcounting.

I'm glad to hear NRITH wasn't banned.

Kewpie: I know I am drunk at the moment and could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure I typed "SoLow" in the title of this thread. Did you actually go to the trouble of switching it to "SoLo"?

Kewpie: I know I am drunk at the moment and could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure I typed "SoLow" in the title of this thread. Did you actually go to the trouble of switching it to "SoLo"?

I was just gonna ask about this... like how you were able to change the title since... guess it wasn't you afterall lol

Oh and I'm also glad that NRITH isn't banned... I was going to respond earlier but solo went down for me so I couldn't...

I just assumed he had been banned since I haven't seen him around for over a week... probably cause I now come here at different hours...

Hater, what do you make of this statement from Kewpster that she "looks very closely" at NRITH's activites?

Kewpie should have the dignity to resign. She's worse that Richard Nixon.

As Peter said to Theo before, no one is forcing you to come to the forums.

So far no one has forced me to leave, either.

Kewpie, I don't blame you. You can't help it. But you are obviously not suited to be a moderator.

I want to add that most of the people that were banned brought it on themselves. But the people that choose not to post are missed.

And you never explained that list you made that had my name on it, of people that had better watch out. You lied and said that you have warned me many times and you haven't. I have received one 2 point infraction, which was based on my protest of the way you merge threads and bury new posts in unrelated old threads.

So you post a list of people that better watch out, and then lie about warning me many times. Is that the way a moderator should behave? You bait people and attempt to set them up to be banned, sometimes successfully.

I don't think that is why less people post though, because I think that many people don't see all of that. But they do feel that they are not appreciated.

And this whole thing that you are "attacked" is nonsense. Why aren't other mods randomly attacked? It's because you are inflexible and have an idea of how the forum should be to suit you.

I'm not leaving for you. I may be banned for telling my opinion, but the forums are pretty much over for me anyway. It's dead here and a lot of people whose posts I enjoy moved on, and I'm sure that it isn't because they don't care about Morrissey anymore. It's because they come her to have fun, and not to have some repressive nanny try to tell them how to behave.

Last edited by a moderator:
So far no one has forced me to leave, either.

Kewpie, I don't blame you. You can't help it. But you are obviously not suited to be a moderator.

Thanks for your lovely comment, but it's not you to decide who is the right person to be a moderator in here.

I'm not that informed of the details of the bans to comment. However I enjoy a bit of offensive banter, and never take anything to heart. I take the piss out of people on here, and am happy enough to take it, should that happen.

I found the whatsisface law thing about making comparrisons to Nazi's a bit cheap, and a facist conjuring trick, if I'm honest. But again, I hadn't read any of the comments that lead to this guttersnipe action.

I personally wouldn't ban posters, but I'm not responsible for a website am I?

Ps. Hope I've offended a few ;):D

Thanks for your lovely comment, but it's not you to decide who is the right person to be a moderator in here.

But I am still allowed to have an opinion, whether you place any value on it or not. Maybe if you thought for a second you'd realize that I never made any sort of statement of the type you would like to refute.

I'm sorry if the comment wasn't lovely. I don't think lying about warning me is lovely either.

Maybe the thread title should be changed to ''bringing up the same old Cul-de-Sac arguements'' as that is the way it is heading and the original question doesn't get answered.

Jukebox Jury

Last edited:
The SoLow police recently conducted a crackdown on various people deemed menaces to the forum.

Do you find that the sweeps improved the forum?

I'll be honest. I have to struggle to find a thread I wanna post in now.

So...was the crackdown worth it?

Can I just point out that Helen Bach was banned for asking this very question.
She said something like "has banning banished the buzz".
She got booted out and this was given as the offending post.

I'm sure she would have made this point herself but she is currently swanning around the BBC in London pretending to be somebody important.

I agree with Dave: most of the banned ones brought it on themselves. Some are missed though, and I also miss people who stopped posting. This place is not the same without them.

uhhhhh

Can I just point out that Helen Bach was banned for asking this very question.
She said something like "has banning banished the buzz".
She got booted out and this was given as the offending post.

I'm sure she would have made this point herself but she is currently swanning around the BBC in London pretending to be somebody important.

It is untrue.

Helen Bach harassed a user although the moderators repeatedly warned her to stop harassing a user.

If she will post another harassing post to a user, she will be given a provisional 12 months ban.

Tags
don't frequent this board don't insult pigs no bans for ignorant scum no bans for sexist pigs peanut butter same old crap who's a pig
Back
Top Bottom