Has morrissey really agreed to play IOW fest??

B

BackstageInaDress

I heard that janice long hinted that he hadnt agreed yet. if so what day is he doing?

He's doing the Saturday...

see http://www.isleofwightfestival.org

> He's doing the Saturday...

> see http://www.isleofwightfestival.org

ok coz someone here told me that its not strictly true, is that all bull then??

Yes he has, its been confirmed by the organisers. Dream festival for Me, Morrissey and REM. Cant wait. Is anyone else going?

> Yes he has, its been confirmed by the organisers. Dream festival for Me,
> Morrissey and REM. Cant wait. Is anyone else going?

i am i am i am, thats if they dont sell out before monday when my loan comes through! i agree about REM i saw them at glastonbury and have been itching to see them again

I thought it was roxy music on that day?

Supposedly an insider has said morrissey hasnt agreed to play the festival and will pull it. We will wait and see eh

Deano

Re: I thought it was roxy music on that day?

> Supposedly an insider has said morrissey hasnt agreed to play the festival
> and will pull it. We will wait and see eh

> Deano

It is roxy music as well. Why on earth would morrissey pull it? It was a hyped announcement, released by the OFFICIAL website. Its been confirmed by Morrissey and the organisers, a gig in england, a festival headline slot. When, and perhaps more importantly, why, would Morrissey pull this gig?

Re: I thought it was roxy music on that day?

I don't know Liam, but a few members off here have heard a reputable source close to moz say that he hasnt agreed to play the IOW, leaving the possibility open for him to cancel, past similar instances like this have occured. If you remember, this happened in spain last year.

I believe there's something to it, and any reason for Morrissey touring next year (e.g. new album etc) is only speculative which doesn't help. I guess it was only said in good faith by reputable members of this board to give people due warning concerning the purchase of tickets, and maybe leave it closer to the time to buy them once we know more of Morrisseys intentions for this year over the next few months.

Don't shoot the messengers, we mean no harm!

Deano et al.