has morrissey ever said what his favourite song is

sorry to bother you, but I was wondering if morrissey has ever said what his favorite smiths and solo songs are. I got talking about it to someone today and they kept harping on that it was probibly hsin because its always in the set list, but I think that might just be in there to keep people who dont really know his stuff all that well happy if they go to a gig.

cheers.

sorry to bother you, but I was wondering if morrissey has ever said what his favorite smiths and solo songs are. I got talking about it to someone today and they kept harping on that it was probibly hsin because its always in the set list, but I think that might just be in there to keep people who dont really know his stuff all that well happy if they go to a gig.

cheers.

i remember him saying that about there is a light that never goes out and now my heart is full for example

All I have heard is There is a Light. He has fine taste.

He said that his favourite song is "Life is a pigsty".

He said that on the magazine that has morrissey almost naked on cover.. I cannot remember the name of this one.

I've heard Life Is a Pigsty for his favorite recent song. As for favorite Smiths song, I once read it was Hand In Glove. But, I'm sure it's difficult for him to really pick a "favorite". There are so many great songs.

In a magazine feature a few months ago, didn't he say that currently his favorite material of his was 'That's How People Grow Up' and 'Girlfriend in A Coma'? Something is sticking in my mind as he was asked the question what he thought were the best songs he'd ever written Smiths and Solo. Hmm..

If anyone else remembers, it was the interview where they asked him what songs would be playing in heaven/hell when he died.
Gosh, I wish I could remember these things :o

In a magazine feature a few months ago, didn't he say that currently his favorite material of his was 'That's How People Grow Up' and 'Girlfriend in A Coma'? Something is sticking in my mind as he was asked the question what he thought were the best songs he'd ever written Smiths and Solo. Hmm..

If anyone else remembers, it was the interview where they asked him what songs would be playing in heaven/hell when he died.
Gosh, I wish I could remember these things :o

for everyone that can't remember, there are 5 people on here who can

:rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure that on the Meat Is Murder Interview LP he said that Shakespeare's Sister was his favorite song. Of course, at the time there was no There Is A Light.

He has said what his favourite song is but typical Morrissey he keeps changing his answer. Which is fair enough I suppose since a lot of people's favourite Smiths/Moz song might change from week to week.

More recently he's gone for Pigsty and THPGU. He's said lots of Smiths songs over the years, everything from Girlfriend In A Coma to Boy With Thorn. He once said his fave Smiths album was Rank!

So it doesn't matter what song he says is his favourite - he'll probably have changed his mind the next time anybody else asks.

So it doesn't matter what song he says is his favourite - he'll probably have changed his mind the next time anybody else asks.

yeah, he changes his mind all the time but also, when he puts out new material, there's obviously more stuff to choose from.
it's unbelievable (and extremely worrying) that his most recent response to the question has been 'That's How People Grow Up'.
please lord, may that song have been dropped from the Swords tour setlist!

He changes his favourite almost each time he's interviewed, but he has said that Alain's best is Life Is A Pigsty, and Boz's best is Reader Meet Author. He has named the worst, in reply to someone's (??) question - I Don't Owe You Anything, Journalists Who Lie and Get Off The Stage.

Peter

At various times it's been The Boy With The Thorn In His Side, Stretch Out and Wait, Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me, November Spawned a Monster and I Can Have Both, among the others mentioned in this thread.

I recall him saying "If I'm forced to, which I am it would be the third track on a 12" called "Stretch Out And Wait"...This was just before TQID was released so undoubtably
his answer would now be something from YOR.

I'm pretty sure that every month he puts a new song on his own top.

I like "I'm ok by myself" after almost one year of release I've learnt to like it.

Back
Top Bottom