has anyone here ever met johnny marr?

what was he like? :D

I was talking to my friend Adam last night and he casually mentioned that he had worked with Johny Mar - I'm not sure where or when, could get it out of him..... Then the conversation turned to World of Warcraft and we were all suddenly transported 4 hours forwards in time :confused:

I realy should have questioned him further. I will next time we meet. I might drop by and see him tomrrow, I'll be in the area......:D

yeah I've met him.

Picture005.jpg

top bloke

love

Grim

Grim
Did you try and flog him a DVD? :D

Was the pic taken at City or Oxfam?

Jukebox Jury

Does that look like the trophy room to you?

Yes I did but he phoned me later to say they can't play his songs right, haven't a clue what he was on about though.

love

Grim

I met him last year and he was lovely :)
Happy to talk and very friendly. He gave me a plectrum :D

Last edited:
I met him last year and he was lovely :)
Happy to talk and very friendly. He gave me a plectrum :D

Gah - I'm so jealous! You're the second person on these forums who received a Johnny guitar pick from The Man. :)

Gah - I'm so jealous! You're the second person on these forums who received a Johnny guitar pick from The Man. :)

It's black with 'Johnny' printed on it in gold. When I was leaving, he said 'here, you can have this if you like' and pulled a plectrum out of his pocket and gave it to me. :) I think he has a little stash on hand to placate obssessive fans who acost him in the street. ;)

Not met but I think I talked to him "on-line".........when his website first went on-line a few years back, he had question and answer sessions. I posted the following question and I just found out that he (or at least I think it was him) answered!

---------------------------
ME: Johnny, I'm a huge fan of all your works. My question is, how/when did you start playing the harmonica?

Johnny: My extended family, aunts, uncles, grandmother lived on two streets next each other. My parents and their brothers and sisters were all pretty young when they moved from Ireland to Manchester and there were a lot of house parties. Everyone sang and played so when it was my turn, at about five years of age, they gave me a harmonica to play and that was that.
---------------------------

Last edited:
I met him a couple of weeks ago. He was on tour with Modest mouse and i met him just before the concert. He was really nice. Actually i sent my picture of me and him in to the NME nad i am in this week's NME at the stalker bit

I met him a couple of weeks ago. He was on tour with Modest mouse and i met him just before the concert. He was really nice. Actually i sent my picture of me and him in to the NME nad i am in this week's NME at the stalker bit

Amazing, you are so lucky! I'd give anything to meet him, he's my guitar and general musical hero (obviously as well as Moz.) Plus he seems like a rely nice bloke, none of the rock-star arrogance.

Coiff.

Back
Top Bottom