Has anyone ever........

Tell me what else is in your collection, then I'll give you my answer!

I'm going to sell off my R.E.M. and Apple Records collections someday, but that's less to finance my Moz collection, and more because I just don't have any space left.

I fell out of love with Moz in 1992 (and in love with Michael Stipe) so I flogged all my Smiths/Moz vinyl to make room for REM. Yes, i was very STUPID!! :o

I flogged all my punk stuff in '81 & I'm still in mourning! Don't do it is my plea to you fniop!

love

Grim

Tons of punk, post-punk, new wave, skate rock, reggae, ska, jazz, etc.
all vinyl
I will probably never do it. Just curious if other members have.

Yes had a big cull of vinyl about 7 years ago - as I was running out of space to live in:D not to concentrate on anything specific. I had to get rid of about 1k LP's and 12" and a lot of 7". It wasnt easy, took weeks but I've not regretted it or looked for anything that I sold *relief*. I culled by stuff that I hadnt played in a set period of time, anything that had an element of emotional tie had to stay however "bad" it was. I sold part of it to a dealer who was convinced I must have a stash of Smiths and Morrissey stuff based on some of what I sold to him - b/f explained that I'd be buried with it so no chance.

I fell out of love with Moz in 1992 (and in love with Michael Stipe) so I flogged all my Smiths/Moz vinyl to make room for REM. Yes, i was very STUPID!! :o

:eek:

I am not an avid collector anymore. But the thought of selling off everything else in order to finance/further a Moz/Smiths collection exculsively seems not like a 100% great idea to me. Its actually a little depressing when I think about it. Am I just being stupid?

I put all of my jewel cases and inserts and similar items into storage for a time because I didn't want my opinions of albums to be influenced by their accompanying artwork, discussion, and general ethos anymore.

I found that the Manchester bands I liked, particularly The Smiths and Joy Division, suffered the most.

Yes had a big cull of vinyl about 7 years ago - as I was running out of space to live in:D not to concentrate on anything specific. I had to get rid of about 1k LP's and 12" and a lot of 7". It wasnt easy, took weeks but I've not regretted it or looked for anything that I sold *relief*. I culled by stuff that I hadnt played in a set period of time, anything that had an element of emotional tie had to stay however "bad" it was. I sold part of it to a dealer who was convinced I must have a stash of Smiths and Morrissey stuff based on some of what I sold to him - b/f explained that I'd be buried with it so no chance.

:eek:

spooky I've just posted the same thing a minute ago in another thread, crikey!

love

Grim

Wow. Since then REM prices have gone into the toilet and Smiths/Moz prices through the roof.

I still collect all manner of things, music and otherwise. Don't think I could sell, but have entertained the thought on occasion.

Wow. Since then REM prices have gone into the toilet and Smiths/Moz prices through the roof.

I still collect all manner of things, music and otherwise. Don't think I could sell, but have entertained the thought on occasion.

Thanks Beau, for rubbing it in! :sick:

Telling you the prices at which I "ridded" myself of those vinyls would be obscene..."car-boot sale" is all i will say. :tears:

i always wondered why smiths/moz stuff has become so expensive. any theories? is it because of morrissey's comeback a few years ago? i suppose that r.e.m. have fans are just as passionate about their band as we are about the smiths...mhh...

Back
Top Bottom