Has anyone ever met Jarvis Cocker?

A

Anonymous

Or know anyone who has or have any fun stories or seen he or Pulp live?

No.

I used to see him all the time around Ladbroke Grove, whilst i was living there. I introduced myself once and after that he used to nod at me if we bumped into eachother in Sainsbury's or at the tube station.

I saw him once chatting to Mick Jones at the bus stop which was a bit of a Stella Street moment

I am from Sheffield and in the late '80s/early 90s Pulp were the band who always seemed to be playing in the corner of a pub on Saturday night to not much attention...then they became massive.
I have friends who know Jarvis and they say he is a very decent person who always seems more interested in other people than himself.
My only encounter with him was when he came up to a friend of mine in a bar and gave her a magnifying glass and said "That's to help you see things more clearly". Then he walked off. Strange but true.
I can appreciate their music more now and This is Hardcore is their best album I reckon.

I used to see him all the time around Ladbroke Grove, whilst i was living there. I introduced myself once and after that he used to nod at me if we bumped into eachother in Sainsbury's or at the tube station.

I saw him once chatting to Mick Jones at the bus stop which was a bit of a Stella Street moment

I have, he opened my local library, very down to earth, came by train and had the ticket home in his top pocket.

Met him in SF in 95 while he was doing a tour for " Different Class". My GF at the time was a radio station manager and received free tickets to interview him for the station . He was very friendly but had the flu at the time . Yet still manage to go on. he autograph some items for us.

Back
Top Bottom