Has anyone been harrassed for wearing a Morrissey T-shirt in public?

Ugly Devil

Just curious if anyone has been given dirty looks or harrassed for wearing Morrissey T-shirts since the racism allegations came about.

I don't have a Morrissey T-shirt. I should have one to be able to receive dirty looks from stupid people. Just to spot them. Anyway here where I live there are more chances I receive nice smiles.

Never had a problem and I wear them with pride, if anything I get compliments and I travel regularly throughout the UK. What I will say the general public are really not aware in the UK of the crazy debate that rages on unsocial media and that's a fact, it's only the snowflakes that would have you believe this is front page news because it isn't. It's no more than a storm in a teacup.

Just curious if anyone has been given dirty looks or harrassed for wearing Morrissey T-shirts since the racism allegations came about.

No, I haven't.

In the immediate aftermath I did wonder if he'd gone to the dark side, so my Morrissey tote bags were retired for a couple of weeks while I looked into it.

Once I decided it was his usual malarkey, I wouldn't have cared if I got any grief for it.

But there's been nothing.

In fact it's been the opposite, I find closet fans.

No, I haven't.

In the immediate aftermath I did wonder if he'd gone to the dark side, so my Morrissey tote bags were retired for a couple of weeks while I looked into it.

Once I decided it was his usual malarkey, I wouldn't have cared if I got any grief for it.

But there's been nothing.

In fact it's been the opposite, I find closet fans.
Exactly, you will only find fellow fans. On our travels we like to find a decent pub and get Morrissey & Smiths songs on the jukebox and again you find fans never the opposite, always great fun.

The recent T-shirts have been so uniformly ugly, that wearing them one would most likely get harassed by graphic designers.

Thank you @Ugly Devil for giving thought as to the placement of this discussion topic.
In fairness, as it can involve Morrissey & related recent issues - thought it was fair to move it to General Discussion rather than Off-topic.
Kind regards,
FWD.

iv typed on here many times,the person who tries to harass me for wearing my new M tshirt will be eating their food with a spoon.

BD4D2521-AC85-4567-BE13-C77F698A93C0.jpeg

iv typed on here many times,the person who tries to harass me for wearing my new M tshirt will be eating their food with a spoon.

You spent your youth getting kicked about Greenock like an empty tracksuit, give the tough guy act a rest

You spent your youth getting kicked about Greenock like an empty tracksuit, give the tough guy act a rest
if you ever fancy yer chances.your probably a skinny 15 year old.

Sold all my Morrissey shirts summer of 2018 when it was just too much. Made a few quid and spent them on drinking which led to consensual heterosexual intercourse, which I did knowing Morrissey would hate me for it.

Sold all my Morrissey shirts summer of 2018 when it was just too much. Made a few quid and spent them on drinking which led to consensual heterosexual intercourse, which I did knowing Morrissey would hate me for it.
Weird character who still wears 70's style Y-fronts alert!!!

Worst Ive ever gotten was a joke about eating meat which was probably lighthearted and a way to maybe poke fun at judgey morrissey fans rather than being about morrissey specifically. I think people dislike the hardcore fans way more than they do morrissey and some conflate those two

Worst Ive ever gotten was a joke about eating meat which was probably lighthearted and a way to maybe poke fun at judgey morrissey fans rather than being about morrissey specifically. I think people dislike the hardcore fans way more than they do morrissey and some conflate those two

Agree.

But I think it's obvious now his real hardcore fans aren't the judgey ones - it's the misfits & freewheelers.

Back
Top Bottom