Has anybody read "Meetings with Morrissey" by Len Brown?

Girl-Afraid

Least Likely To
I am currently reading it for the second time and was wondering if anyone else on here had and if they enjoyed it?
In my opinion its the best Morrissey biography I've read as it seems Morrissey is quite tolerant of Len Brown which is quite unusual of Mozzer with regards to journalists.

One of my favourite parts is this:
LB: "Did he really go dancing with Vini Reilly in Bath?
Stephen Street: "Yeah that was a great night. We all went down the disco and had a few drinks. And this girl went over to Morrissey and got him dancing. I couldn't believe it...dancing to some normal dance track. I nearly keeled over"

I think this shows just how "normal" Moz is and isn't always this untouchable, eccentric entity.

I don't mean to stop you to post a new thread.

However, it's better to search the forums first because you can find info reading old threads.

I did have a quick search but there didn't seem to be too much. I also wanted to bring up that particular quote because it made me laugh with reference to Moz and how he is seen in society.

I searched for threads about getting new moderators and this cartoon spring came bursting out of my computer screen and making cuckoo clock sounds. Because there were so many threads about it.

I did have a quick search but there didn't seem to be too much. I also wanted to bring up that particular quote because it made me laugh with reference to Moz and how he is seen in society.

Don't listen to anything Kewpie says. This site has existed for years...obviously new members will want to start fresh discussions about old topics, and there's nothing wrong with that. But while, if you can find them, pre-existing threads may exist where you might find "information" about your topic, let's face it, this forum isn't an encyclopedia, it's a forum. For discussion. Most of those old discussions are archived so you can't add to things or interact with the other individuals, most of whom have moved on anyway.

So to anyone with a brain, starting a new thread is the way to go.

But yeah, Kewpie likes to try to make people feel stupid...which is ironic, because 9.5 times out of ten she fails miserably and looks like an ass.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't listen to anything Kewpie says. This site has existed for years...obviously new members will want to start fresh discussions about old topics, and there's nothing wrong with that. But while, if you can find them, pre-existing threads may exist where you might find "information" about your topic, let's face it, this forum isn't an encyclopedia, it's a forum. For discussion. Most of those old discussions are archived so you can't add to things or interact with the other individuals, most of whom have moved on anyway.

So to anyone with a brain, starting a new thread is the way to go.

But yeah, Kewpie likes to try to make people feel stupid...which is ironic, because 9.5 times out of ten she fails miserably and looks like an ass.

Thanks Skylarker. I'll keep that in mind :)

Back
Top Bottom