Has any stage invaders ever been arrested?

I tried to stage invade every show but the first at the Palladium :p. On the last day, one of the security guards came up to me after the show and said "Bye! I'm going to miss you!" and gave me a hug haha.

I try and see set lists from previous days and see what song is before the encore and jump during then, so I don't ruin the show for myself. They always just kick me back in the crowd, so I've yet to have a horrifying experience with the security. I suggest jumping when Moz can see you, 'cause at the very least, he'll try and give you a handshake; he may try to drag you up even. He tried for me, but three security guards ganged up and dragged me away. Really? Does a 90 lb girl need three security guards? Such egos.

Ok, I know this might be a really stupid question, but... does Morrissey have his own security guards, or are they hired by the venue? I don't think I'd dare to face the American Gladiators/Security Guards I've seen in some stage invasion videos :p But if it's just some rednecks from the small town of Borås, it should be easy :)

Ok, I know this might be a really stupid question, but... does Morrissey have his own security guards, or are they hired by the venue? I don't think I'd dare to face the American Gladiators/Security Guards I've seen in some stage invasion videos :p But if it's just some rednecks from the small town of Borås, it should be easy :)

moz has 2 of his own and most times they brief house security about what happens, during which songs, and what to do and not to do. ive actually heard somewhere that they played videos of what goes on and have played the songs the people usually try and invade too.

btw. house security is worse then moz'ssecurity, especially some of those "rednecks" in a small town. they are all roid raging and wanting to fight and take someone out.

moz has 2 of his own and most times they brief house security about what happens, during which songs, and what to do and not to do. ive actually heard somewhere that they played videos of what goes on and have played the songs the people usually try and invade too.

btw. house security is worse then moz'ssecurity, especially some of those "rednecks" in a small town. they are all roid raging and wanting to fight and take someone out.

Ah, never thought about that...but you're absolutely right! Well then, this gives me a boost to use my gym card more often, so I'll be able to climb up to the stage (which seems hard enough ;)) and defend myself against the security :p

Good to see this thread coming back.

Last show I was at I bottled it. After all my plans and preperations I wimped out.

Plus Mrs Chivas would not have been happy if I got papped out and left her behind with you lot.

Definately trying at the Barrowlands though as I'm going solo - then I can enjoy the birthday gig in Manchester from a distance.

GC

bailing over that barricade was the best decision I ever made. well worth the trouble and expense. I wasn't arrested, ejected or roughed up. Just a catch and release. But on the flipside, I saw someone get bodyslammed and choked by one of Moz's security guys in '07. The bigger British gent w/ slicked black hair going grey. Usually on stage right if big boy is on barricade detail. It's a gamble every time.

bailing over that barricade was the best decision I ever made. well worth the trouble and expense. I wasn't arrested, ejected or roughed up. Just a catch and release. But on the flipside, I saw someone get bodyslammed and choked by one of Moz's security guys in '07. The bigger British gent w/ slicked black hair going grey. Usually on stage right if big boy is on barricade detail. It's a gamble every time.

I'm slightly confused by Moz's security being so rough on a fan? If Moz encourages people to come onto the stage, I'm surprised his security would be so mean to fans. I do understand them doing their jobs with the proper amount of force however.

Tags
pac-man space invaders stage invaders stage invasions
Back
Top Bottom