Has any one of you been in a ball pit?

Bazinga.

As a child, I would always go into the ball pits at McDonald's or wherever else my mom took me that had them because I found so much treasure, most of it completely disgusting in retrospect, when I would feel around on the mesh floor.

Being inside them always felt strange to me.... hard to move in, and you're covered in that "plastic chair static field" sensation all over, especially if you were gross/oblivious enough to fully submerge yourself in the sea of germ-riddled, toddler snot-encrusted plastic.

I'm suddenly feeling very nostalgic. Not that they were ever "relaxing"... more like "trippy".

Last edited:

Shelly! :sweet:

As a child, I would always go into the ball pits at McDonald's or wherever else my mom took me that had them because I found so much treasure, most of it completely disgusting in retrospect, when I would feel around on the mesh floor.

Being inside them always felt strange to me.... hard to move in, and you're covered in that "plastic chair static field" sensation all over, especially if you were gross/oblivious enough to fully submerge yourself in the sea of germ-riddled, toddler snot-encrusted plastic.

I'm suddenly feeling very nostalgic. Not that they were ever "relaxing"... more like "trippy".

I must of always lived in the poor part if town because our McDonalds only ever had a slide, but Chuck-e-Cheese had a ballpit. Which is even more gross if you think about it because of greasy pizza hands and face rubbing all over the balls. :sick: I tended to stick to Skeeball anyway. :D I was too shy to go in the ballpit with other stranger kids.

i sprained my ankle by my one and onlx attempt to jump into a ball pit at a furniture shop as a
small child.still remember it.

oh..and... they repeat king of queens here (one of the very few sitcoms which actually is funny and
well written and Jerry stiller is in it -great comedian)on tv very often so
ive seen the ball pit jumping /fighting scene quite some time
ball put jump+fit begins at ca 2.20 (its dubbed in german, couldnt find one in its original language
but you still understand the scene...)
he has been teased by a school bully who is now back in his life cause the bully
is now friends with his best friend ..and doug just cant let go
"heffer-ton"episode

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=579atq5U11E

Last edited by a moderator:
i sprained my ankle by my one and onyl attempt to jump into a ball pit at a furniture shop as a
small child.still remember it.

oh..and... they repeat king of queens here (one of the very few sitcoems i actually is funny and well written andJerry stiller is in it -great comedian)on tv very often so
ive seen the ball pit jumping /fighting scene quite some time
ball put jump+fit begins at ca 2.20 (its dubbed in german, couldnt findone in its original language
but you still understand the scene...)
he has been teased by a school bully who is now back in his life cause the bully
is now friends with his best friend ..and doug just cant let go
"heffer-ton"episode

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=579atq5U11E

If you ever have a chance to see Patton Oswalt do standup comedy, you should see him, sistasheila. You defintely know English well enough to follow (I noticed you watched it dubbed) and he is hilarious. :thumb:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah man! I remember Charlie Chalk pubs....good ole memories! ball pit, massive slide, massive swingy thing you could move and push. ladders! I remember getting kissed by a welsh girl at the age of 8 in one of the tunnels, I wish I could have understood her though! puppy love!

Back
Top Bottom