Harvest ends contract with Morrissey - TTY

I don't understand all the excitement over this news. Morrissey pulls stunts like this all the time. When he is ready to release another album, he will announce that he has material but no label, then he will tour to show that there is still interest in him. Finally, another record label will take a chance on him and regret it.

The rhythm of life goes round.

i thought i read it was designed by his nephews

Is that true?
So what exactly happened with the creation of this record, because I read that Morrissey paid for the videos himself and his nephews did the cover.
I thought he only ever wanted to be on a label out of principle and would never go the DIY/crowd fund route, but it sounds like he did most of it out of his own pocket?

"very true. the lyrics are really bad on this album for the most part. A few brief flashbulb glimpses in there of Morrissey's greatness but for the most part they are trite rubbish.

Musically it sounds like it has been written by session musicians. Obviously the band can play very well but being a great player and a great songwriter are two very different crafts and for the most party Boz aside they are not.

Music equipment shops around the world are full of guys who work there that could probably play every note for note any past Morrissey or any other artists' album but try getting them to actually write a great song and they couldn't.

All the flamenco guitars and effects can not hide the fact that the majority of the music on this album sucks"

This is nonsense of course sorry. Some lyrics are better than others and some of the music is better than other bits. However it is a good collection of songs nothing is anywhere near as bad as some of the drama queens on here are making out. It is much better than previous efforts by a long chalk.

I don't understand all the excitement over this news. Morrissey pulls stunts like this all the time. When he is ready to release another album, he will announce that he has material but no label, then he will tour to show that there is still interest in him. Finally, another record label will take a chance on him and regret it.

The rhythm of life goes round.

The notion that Morrissey is in control here is a nice idea, but he's been dumped by a major label THREE WEEKS after his first album in four years was released.
That's catastrophic, whichever way you look at it...

Maybe after he posted that boozed-up nonsensical rant at true-to-you about meat consumption being responsible for downed airliners, he (in his infinite wisdom) drunk-dialed management at Harvest! Of course he won't remember doing any of it, drunk as he was, and will most surely post another rant saying his departure from Harvest came out of nowhere and for no reason, and then, he'll probably ramble on about Prince William and how eating meatloaf is why the Ukraine is in turmoil. Go Moz!

very true. the lyrics are really bad on this album for the most part. A few brief flashbulb glimpses in there of Morrissey's greatness but for the most part they are trite rubbish.

Musically it sounds like it has been written by session musicians. Obviously the band can play very well but being a great player and a great songwriter are two very different crafts and for the most party Boz aside they are not.

Music equipment shops around the world are full of guys who work there that could probably play every note for note any past Morrissey or any other artists' album but try getting them to actually write a great song and they couldn't.

All the flamenco guitars and effects can not hide the fact that the majority of the music on this album sucks

agree with all this. Alan Whyte was a great songwriter as was/is Boz. Both these guys came from bands as opposed to Jesse etc who are just session men who came from the Alanis Morissette world. Sure he could probably play Stairway To Heaven backwards standing on his head but he ain't no songwriter.

Maybe after he posted that boozed-up nonsensical rant at true-to-you about meat consumption being responsible for downed airliners, he (in his infinite wisdom) drunk-dialed management at Harvest! Of course he won't remember doing any of it, drunk as he was, and will most surely post another rant saying his departure from Harvest came out of nowhere and for no reason, and then, he'll probably ramble on about Prince William and how eating meatloaf is why the Ukraine is in turmoil. Go Moz!

Ha, this made me laugh!!

I think we have to be very very happy cause in the end we got a great album to listen to for months to come , and nevermind if this is not his best effort in the last 20/30/40 years for God's sake.....as someone said, we will never know the truth. It could well be that Steven was very unhappy about not releasing any physical singles before the Album but he was asked to do this spoken word Videos instead of. He is that kind of man that probably said: that is it ....my opinion does not count, you wanna do it your way....it is all over no matter what!! But again , these kind of things do get discussed beforehand, if I am not mistaken....
Kiss me a lot , kiss me a lot......does not get out of my head these days. Thank you Steven

Cheers Moz

Chances are it was the other way around. He got the news from Harvest and then wrote the rant.

Is that true?
So what exactly happened with the creation of this record, because I read that Morrissey paid for the videos himself and his nephews did the cover.
I thought he only ever wanted to be on a label out of principle and would never go the DIY/crowd fund route, but it sounds like he did most of it out of his own pocket?

Not true. The photograph was taken by Donnie Knutson (Morrissey's tour manager) and the layout done by LA based Stefan Bucher. I'm sure the videos would have been financed by the label.

I like the cover, and its unintentional symbolism.

What the f*** if its not Morrisseys best album..............in years...then its the stars conspiring his fallout with his support act, getting acute fever letting down Cliff Richard, patchy label promotion...barred from all tv/radio worldwide....finally getting dumped by your new found label.
This is not the good old days anymore....could this be the illuminati at work...or like I said in the beginning this is just f***ed up. :brows:

agree with all this. Alan Whyte was a great songwriter as was/is Boz. Both these guys came from bands as opposed to Jesse etc who are just session men who came from the Alanis Morissette world. Sure he could probably play Stairway To Heaven backwards standing on his head but he ain't no songwriter.

Very well said. Alain and Boz were by far his best writers; Jesse sucks.

letting down Cliff Richard

I've a strong feeling this may have been Morrissey's one big mistake.
Everyone knows that "Sir Cliff" controls the entire world from his Barbados lair.
Dark forces are at work here.

Tags
harvestrecords morrissey moz no album viva hate

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom