Harvest ends contract with Morrissey - TTY

You're not wrong. Although I'm not too interested in a "Smiths" reunion whatever that might mean, I do think a Morrissey/Marr side project could inspire each other to produce some great work. I'd rather see them produce some new material than just touring the back catalogue.

I don't honestly think Steven could write a decent song that would fit in with any Smiths continuity these days, what could he draw on for inspiration ? Life in pampered posh hotels, life in L A , Switzerland, Goteberg , Sir Cliff, Tommy Jones, Russell Braindamage etc ! Because the garbage he's been offering up for a long time now, well it says nothing to me about my life.
Not like it used to in the good old days when he lived in the United Kingdum before America/Americans ruined him to what he has now become.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

Actually, I listened to a load of Smiths again this morning focusing on the drumming and was mortified to discover how bland it was.
I apologise unreservedly and take back everything I said last night (apart from Rush being for hippies; that's still true!!!).

If The Smiths had had a different drummer they'd have sounded different and Joyce's drums fitted in the grand scheme of things. Technically better isn't always what sounds the best.

All you folk who don't want to see Moz and Marr together again. I bet you'll be first in line at the box office.
Damn straight I'll be there, but I'm not clamoring for it. Not saying you are either. I don't think there ever will be a Smiths reunion, but if there is the toughest part would be not being able to get tickets because some tossers who know nothing about Smiths/Moz will be first in line to block book tickets because it is the cool thing to do. And then spend the entire concert with their backs to the stage talking loudly and tweeting about how great it is. I hate those type of people. Same lightbulb-blown braindead barbarians who go to the cinema because it is an 'event' and ask "Ahhhhhh should I have seen any of the Batman films before I go to see The Dark Knight Rises?". c***z.

If Morrissey and Marr do get back together, would they call it "Morrissey and Marr" or "Marr and Morrissey"?

"M&M"?

I always wished he did a duet with Lancashire's finest, Sonia and they could call themselves "S&M".

I rarely leave comments but this requires me to do it. Given Autobiography - which I think is fantastic apart of all the quarrel with record companies not treating him well - this news leaves me with a sadness that is close to overshadow my admiration for his work. For cry's sake, none of us works with the employer of our dreams, and on top if we are acting too arrogant throughout the relationship, we get fired. He has enough money and status as a legend in the music world so his likely dissatisfaction with lack of #1 chart positions or bad music videos should not be more important than getting his messages out in an age of 55. Work with what you have and give us more greatness before it's too late!

While I prefer The Smiths, in every quantifiable way, Morrissey has achieved more as a solo artist and should be proud. Instead of a 75% Smiths reunion, what if Morrissey & Marr did a side project similar to Brett Anderson & Bernanrd Butler joining up as The Tears? BTW, no one else from Suede participated in that project.

Hopefully he will give a statement indicating what his intentions are after this unexpected development.

Maybe already he did when he said: "Morrissey is once again in search of a record label." Does that mean a new label is priority #1 for him?

Last edited:
I don't honestly think Steven could write a decent song that would fit in with any Smiths continuity these days, what could he draw on for inspiration ? Life in pampered posh hotels, life in L A , Switzerland, Goteberg , Sir Cliff, Tommy Jones, Russell Braindamage etc ! Because the garbage he's been offering up for a long time now, well it says nothing to me about my life.
Not like it used to in the good old days when he lived in the United Kingdum before America/Americans ruined him to what he has now become.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

Well he did write some amazing stuff after making money.

Isn't it slightly odd that there's been no official word on this from the record company?
Go to their website and he's still listed as one of their artists.
Is this just Morrissey exaggerating, grabbing the wrong end of the stick, and going in a massive strop?

Actually, I listened to a load of Smiths again this morning focusing on the drumming and was mortified to discover how bland it was.
I apologise unreservedly and take back everything I said last night (apart from Rush being for hippies; that's still true!!!).

You're an anonymous poster. No one gives a shit about your opinion or apology.

The Smiths never really needed any exciting drumming anyway. The beat was there for the strings. It's not like they needed an John Bonham or Dave Grohl. They were never that type of band.

You're an anonymous poster. No one gives a shit about your opinion or apology.

You're doing a very good impression of someone who gives a shit, my love.
I was only joking about hippies liking Rush, though.
Not all hippies have got shit taste, have they?

The Smiths never really needed any exciting drumming anyway. The beat was there for the strings. It's not like they needed an John Bonham or Dave Grohl. They were never that type of band.

No but they never really needed bland drumming neither.
The drums are just so naff and similar sounding on those records. I was quite shocked I hadn't noticed before, but they're pushed back in the mix usually. For good reason, I guess...

This thread has been the most pathetic I've read here in a long time. None of you/us know what really happened with the Harvest/Morrissey relationship. I've found it quite sad to read what some of the 'fans' here have written about Morrissey, quite hurtful some of it. Wouldn't it be better to just stick to what we know ie. Morrissey and Harvest have parted ways?

I'm certainly not interested in reading about anyone's 'last night I dreamt The Smiths reformed wet dreams' and I also don't want to be reading your opinions about The Cure, for example, as it is a site about Morrissey. Perhaps the title of this site should be changed to www.morrissey-speculations.com/

Move on people. There's other stuff happening in the world. Robin Williams' death seems to have sparked some worldwide interest and there are even wars in Ukraine, Gaza and Iraq and yes, finally, a few new threads on www.morrissey-solo.com to comment on.

CR

Last edited:
Re: Morrissey dumped by harvest record`s

Little Man, What Now?

Man, is Moz f***ed now. No major will work with him, he is too pricey for indie, he can't tour because of insurance, got lawsuits.

So, Smiths reunion or his fiction book is next. No more solo tours or music, for awhile.

Look on the bright side, no more Jesse Tobias for awhile (hopefully a LONG while).

This thread has been the most pathetic I've read here in a long time. None of you/us know what really happened with the Harvest/Morrissey relationship. I've found it quite sad to read what some of the 'fans' here have written about Morrissey, quite hurtful some of it. Wouldn't it be better to just stick to what we know ie. Morrissey and Harvest have parted ways?

I'm certainly not interested reading about anyone's 'last night I dreamt The Smiths reformed wet dreams' and I also don't want to be reading your opinions about The Cure, for example, as it is a site about Morrissey. Perhaps the title of this site should be changed to www.morrissey-speculations.com/

Move on people. There's other stuff happening in the world. Robin Williams' death seems to have sparked some worldwide interest and there are even wars in Ukraine, Gaza and Iraq and yes, finally, a few new threads on www.morrissey-solo.com to comment on.

CR
The site is a disgrace to music & artists in general...Morrissey can be awkward & impossible to try work out at times, but the Mods & long-time members here have this cloud in their brain that he is somehow below them & gives a toss about what they may think they know about him & or his life.

The record label news is good news to a lot of main contributors on Morrissey Solo. & more ammo for all the backstabbers on here-Fact.

Its a shame, because the site has decent members who actually talk about his 30+ years of music contribution & tours, nostalgia etc... But all these topics don't belong here no more than genuine Morrissey fans.

I'm still waiting on the lawsuit from carbuncle skinny for Morrissey re-master of his album Kill Uncle...

I'm certainly not interested reading about anyone's 'last night I dreamt The Smiths reformed wet dreams' and I also don't want to be reading your opinions about The Cure, for example, as it is a site about Morrissey. Perhaps the title of this site should be changed to www.morrissey-speculations.com/

CR

chloe-gif.gif

CR

The Cure is The Clue...:cool:

Tags
harvestrecords morrissey moz no album viva hate

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom