Happy Birthday Mike Joyce!

45 today.
The drummer of my choice, that's Mike Joyce

(and anyone posting unhappy birthday is neither original, funny or clever.)

It's about time someone released an album entitled 'Greatest Ever Drummers'.
It could include Mike Joyce, Meg White, Ringo Starr & Matt Chamberlain.

The first time I saw the play 'Cat On A Hot Tin Roof', I thought it was a documentary about Joyce's drumming style.

Seriously though, he's a nice guy, I personally think he earned the court case money (but please, let's not start THAT debate again!).

Happy Birthday Mike Joyce, the most talented member of Vinny Peculiar.

Happy Birthday Mike Joyce. To me The Queen Is Dead will always be your song.

Just listening to Mike Joyce's radio show on The Revolution and he played Unhappy Birthday, brilliantly adding
'If the great man is listening to this, he is probably singing it to me now'.

Great show, playing entirely Manchester stuff.

So by your definition he's neither funny, original or clever?

Happy birthday to Mike Joyce.:)

I'll have a pint o'Guinness later in celebration, if that f***-knucle the 23rd turns up on time! I'm sat here with my coat on with my Christy Moore ticket in me hand ffs!

love

Grim

If Joyce Michael really is such a brilliant drummer, how come he's struggled so much to achieve anything musically since his Smiths and Morrissey work?

I'm not a muso so haven't got a clue how good Morrissey's various drummers are, but I am a bit baffled when people go on about his drumming skills, when you consider his subsequent achievements...

If Joyce Michael really is such a brilliant drummer, how come he's struggled so much to achieve anything musically since his Smiths and Morrissey work?

I'm not a muso so haven't got a clue how good Morrissey's various drummers are, but I am a bit baffled when people go on about his drumming skills, when you consider his subsequent achievements...

Well he has drummed for Sinead O'Conner, Buzzcocks, Public Image Limited, Pete Wylie and Julian Cope. Oh, and Morrissey too on 'Playboys' and 'Interesting Drug'. You call that struggling?
Surely they all couldn't have been wrong?:confused:

Back
Top Bottom