Hand in Glove - Negative sleeve - How many in existence?

I know that's a broad question and hard to know but I keep reading that there is only 25 in existence. That seems inaccurate. Any educated guesses as to how many there might be?

Many more are in existence since the box set was released. I would think it's been devalued quite a bit

Many more are in existence since the box set was released. I would think it's been devalued quite a bit

The boxset is a Rhino release these are two completely different beasts, its existance won't effect the value of the original at all.

The original is still the top rarity and I really doubt it's been devalued at all. If anything, I think it's value has only soared. The Rhino re-issues are junk and if anything, owning them just makes you want the original pressings all the more. I sold my copy years ago, but I've come across quite a few. I'd say there's roughly 20 in existence. I'd place the value anywhere from $1,500 to $2,000.

Hi Tom,

I would have thought their value is more like £1,500 to £2,000.

Didn't the last one on fleabay fetch £2,000? Lovely item but serious money.

I may sell my Negative Sleeve if I get a good offer.

I have a couple of other Smiths rarities that I may sell.

Message me if you are interested.

I may have 2 of them in my safe! Compared to the Rhino release they are completely different. Even the cutting shape used to make the wallet is different. I can post pics comparing the differences if you like.

I probably wouldn't be stressing about owning a HiG negative sleeve with the re-released box that is out. Original on the right.

IMG_2595smaller.jpgIMG_2597smaller.jpgIMG_2596smaller.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom