Hammerstein MP3 Bootleg

Springheeledjim84

..they say 'ee's mental..
Hi there,

does anyone have a bootleg from the 23rd or Final Hammerstein shows on mp3. I've downloaded the bootlegs available, but they're on some other format.

Thanks in advance

JIM

Thank you so much....im trying to keep the memories of those 5 amazing nights alive.

Thanks a lot for the 23rd boot, but if anyone has the final night on mp3, i'd be much obliged.

JIM

:confused: Does any kind bootlegger out there in Mozland have the Friday night (10/26) show? It was my first Moz show and I would love to have it. Please...Please...Please....let me get what I want...... ;)

Thanks so much for the link to these concerts...beats having to buy it off Ebay like I did when he was in NYC in 2004 :)

Hmm..."Sister I'm a Poet" doesn't want to seem to play for me from the 10/28 Hammerstein show...thoughts anyone?

yes i had a little trouble with it too. worked after a couple attempts though.

if you still have trouble, you can find it here

Yeah I tried a bunch of times, no luck but I just used the other link you posted and it's playing no problem. Thank you SO much!! :)

hey,

i'm still having a problem with the 10/28 show on mozzbozz. this was my favorite of the 5 nyc shows. jeane the link you posted has expired. could you please post again.

thanks,
joe

dying for that 10/26 :/ I have a creative zen mp3 player and it records, but I just have no idea how well. I just got an ipod so I think i will keep it with me at shows... it is small and compact but i have no idea how well it works. I now wish i had it on 10/26.

dying for that 10/26 :/ I have a creative zen mp3 player and it records, but I just have no idea how well. I just got an ipod so I think i will keep it with me at shows... it is small and compact but i have no idea how well it works. I now wish i had it on 10/26.

I wish you did too, but read on.

I have the Creative Zen Nano circa early 2007, but it records for shit. With the built-in mic, it records something like 8kbps WAV, which is worthless for anything but speech (and even then, just barely). Don't bother. With an external mic it can theoretically record up to 160kbps, but it has no input level settings, and so it's almost impossible to avoid overloading it. I tried recording one acoustic, non-Morrissey show, and the 07/02 Wolf Trap Moz show. It wasn't horrible for the acoustic show, but the Wolf Trap recording was a joke.

My experiences recording Wolf Trap with an iPod + Griffin iTalk were recounted elsewhere, and although it seemed to work better, the results were just as bad. Not only was the sound completely overloaded (and thus sounded like nothing but distortion), but the iTalk (and apparently most, if not all, recorders for the iPod) skips a couple seconds out of every 30-60 seconds of recording. You don't notice it at first, but it's absolutely intolerable. Don't bother.

For the 10/27 Hammerstein show, I took robert's advice and bought a Samson Zoom H2 digital recorder, and the results were excellent. Read and listen for yourself. I tried to get the recorder into the hands of members who were attending the 10/31 Baltimore and 11/02 DC shows, but I had to go out of town and missed the hand-offs. Lastly, I'd point out that the H2 costs $200, but... :D

I propose that the SoLow community buy a handful of these H2 recorders and lend them out to show attendees. Just imagine the possibilities.

Last edited:
I wish you did too, but read on.

I have the Creative Zen Nano circa early 2007, but it records for shit. With the built-in mic, it records something like 8kbps WAV, which is worthless for anything but speech (and even then, just barely). Don't bother. With an external mic it can theoretically record up to 160kbps, but it has no input level settings, and so it's almost impossible to avoid overloading it. I tried recording one acoustic, non-Morrissey show, and the 07/02 Wolf Trap Moz show. It wasn't horrible for the acoustic show, but the Wolf Trap recording was a joke.

My experiences recording Wolf Trap with an iPod + Griffin iTalk were recounted elsewhere, and although it seemed to work better, the results were just as bad. Not only was the sound completely overloaded (and thus sounded like nothing but distortion), but the iTalk (and apparently most, if not all, recorders for the iPod) skips a couple seconds out of every 30-60 seconds of recording. You don't notice it at first, but it's absolutely intolerable. Don't bother.

For the 10/27 Hammerstein show, I took robert's advice and bought a Samson Zoom H2 digital recorder, and the results were excellent. Read and listen for yourself. I tried to get the recorder into the hands of members who were attending the 10/31 Baltimore and 11/02 DC shows, but I had to go out of town and missed the hand-offs. Lastly, I'd point out that the H2 costs $200, but... :D

I propose that the SoLow community buy a handful of these H2 recorders and lend them out to show attendees. Just imagine the possibilities.

considering how much money I am spending in the next few months i have no idea if I can get one of these.... but i will try... it all depends on whether or not i am going to have to pay to stay in london or if a friend puts me up! HUGE difference in that city :/ but it will be worth it. I don't know - maybe i can get an H2 before then... thanks for the info!!!!

ooooh YOU did this recording I have been listening to since ny...

This is an excellent result... looks like the ZOOM is indeed the way to go!

Back
Top Bottom