Guilty Pleasures

Guilty Music Pleasures

Well maybe not guilty, but who out there do you have a little affection for that you may not want to admit too?

Would not buy any of their material, but I have to say when Abba come on the radio its hard not to appreciate how well a crafted "pop" song they can come up with.

Great subject, we all have them don't we? For my part, I suffer from an irrational partiality for Blümchen's "Heut' ist mein Tag" (just something about that chorus), and for Take That's "Back for good", although it has taken me more than a decade to admit it even to myself. I rather like the Saturday Night Fever soundtrack, including the Bee Gees bits.

Also, I've taken to liking The Carpenters recently, but I don't feel particularly guilty about it. Must be getting soft.

cheers

Last edited:
"Screwed" - Paris Hilton

So many guilty pleasures to choose from, but here's too that I'm most guilt-ridden over:

"I Knew I Loved You" by Savage Garden

There's no rational basis whatsoever for which I should be in love with this song as much as I am. It drives me bat-shit crazy, but driving home late at night, it is guaranteed that I will be singing this song at the top of my lungs.

"I Want It That Way" by Backstreet Boys

And there's this travesty. These boy bands are people who should be considered enemies of the state, and yet, I am in heavenly bliss when I belt out this song with unabashed glee. I need help.

Re: Admit to something uncool you like...

I love girls aloud and lionel richie

about once a month i play a lot of
Roxette_80s.jpg

Roxette :blushing:
it transports me back to the late 80s & early 90s :crazy:
which was a simpler time for me :o

Culture Club - so much so that I've been to Boy George's house twice. I love him.:D

Re: Admit to something uncool you like...

i like barry manilow.:squiffy:

I shamefully second this motion... I even own most of his albums... I really am a geriatric woman trapped in a 17 year old's body. :squiffy:

i don't know where to start.

I'd say that, apart from Morrissey, a large share of the bands I listen to are guilty pleasures.

A lot of rock music from the 80's...

Van halen, Poison, Accept and many others.

Oh, and stuff like Steve Vai, Joe Satriani, etc.

I just saw the tag.... Nugz, you don't really like Phish do you? I remember when Moz was playing the Vegas Hard Rock in 2004 or something, Phish was playing a couple of night at UNLV at the same time. I ended up having to stay at the Motel 6 right there on Tropicana Rd because I waited till the last minute to book a room, and everything else was booked by then. Well, I think that half of the country's Phish fans were staying there also, and half of them staying in their vans and buses in the parking lot. I have never seen so many men with large feathers in their hats, upper-middle class white girls with dreadlocks, enough mutts to make the ASPCA jealous, and millions of cases of Nattty Light being drunk by barefoot people in the lobby-and, I have been to a couple of Dead parking lots, & seen Pink Floyd when I was a young. Point is, Phish? I cannot handle "jamming," let alone 30 mins of it at once.

Tags
nugz luvs phish stfu buzz this site
Back
Top Bottom