Guilty Pleasures

And I'm obsessed with everything that has to do with religion!

religion-symbols-religious-thumb1139037.jpg

I also have a passion for studying different religions.

I suppose that it really isn't a "guilty pleasure," unless you're a priest molesting young boys.

I also have a passion for studying different religions.

I suppose that it really isn't a "guilty pleasure," unless you're a priest molesting young boys.

Finally! :thumb: Any religions in particular you're interested in? And from which perspectives are you interested?

Here's another one

Last edited by a moderator:
:thumb: I like that one too!

Yea I really dig that song, I enjoy playing it loud... but I wont play it in the car with the windows down on a Saturday night with the homeys! You know what I mean? :blushing::lbf:

Finally! :thumb: Any religions in particular you're interested in? And from which perspectives are you interested?

I'm most interested in Buddhism (Tibetan and Zen) and Taoism and have studied them both off and on for years and years.
I've studied quite a bit of Judaism in the past, and plan to start again soon.

I have a friend who lives in Turkey who has taught me a little bit about Islam...he has also turned me on to the works of Rumi.

I suppose I'm drawn to different religions for he same reasons you might be....learning about the similarities and differences we all have. The philosophy behind the ideology is what attracts me most.

I'm most interested in Buddhism (Tibetan and Zen) and Taoism and have studied them both off and on for years and years.
I've studied quite a bit of Judaism in the past, and plan to start again soon.

I have a friend who lives in Turkey who has taught me a little bit about Islam...he has also turned me on to the works of Rumi.

I suppose I'm drawn to different religions for he same reasons you might be....learning about the similarities and differences we all have. The philosophy behind the ideology is what attracts me most.

Interesting! Is it anything in particular in buddhism you are drawn to? Also interesting you are interested in sufism.
Personally I'm most drawn to western esoterism. I study for a ph.d. in religious studies, my main subject is sociology of religion but I've also studied a lot of psychology of religion so I'm interested in religion as a phenomenon.

betjeman2.jpg

It's not so much a pleasure, but it's a guilty something.

[youtube]j3Bu_Rkz55w&feature=related[/youtube]

my personal Kristeen Youngs

Quiffaa - thanks for posting that - i don't think i've heard that since it was released... and i quite liked it then... loved their image too. Seriously guilty pleasure! (I liked Siobhan's bananarama ventures too - but that's a secret!)

Trubz and Jackie: I'm interested in religion too, although it's the ritualistic and symbolic side of it that's really fascinating to me.

Oh, we should start our own sect! Or at least a thread for the religion-nerds where we could discuss various religious and philosophical questions! :thumb:

Tags
*dr quinn *medicinewoman bumming longdongruffian owwmybutthurts! sorry im so big trolling forums weezy > jc
Back
Top Bottom