Guilty Pleasures (music-wise)?

Lonsdale71

I've always had a soft spot for Spandau Ballet.
Since the 1st album and especially the 2nd "Diamond". Diamond is my favourite, Coffee Club, etc.

And I also like "True" and "Gold" - perfect pop tunes! I normally hate soft radio friendly pop but Spandau are great.

Opinions?

I don't have guilty pleasures. Anything I listen to I am proud that I enjoy.

OMD.

I bought the best of when i was only wee and still enjoy it.

George Michael. None of those bollock brain lyrics for 'Mother to a Child' but 'Fast Love' gets a nod.

George Michael. None of those bollock brain lyrics for 'Mother to a Child' but 'Fast Love' gets a nod.

Anyone with a song like this can't be all bad. :thumb:

[youtube]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ht11S6cPcYU&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ht11S6cPcYU&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Too many to list except I don't ever feel guilty about them....

Scottish rock is probably the most shameful - Del Amitri, Deacon Blue, Hue & Cry - need I go on?!

Oh and I love all that 80's stuff above - you shouldn't feel ashamed about OMD! Pato Banton on the other hand...:lbf:

Too many to list except I don't ever feel guilty about them....

Scottish rock is probably the most shameful - Del Amitri, Deacon Blue, Hue & Cry - need I go on?!

Oh and I love all that 80's stuff above - you shouldn't feel ashamed about OMD! Pato Banton on the other hand...:lbf:

haha i meant the Irish crooner Pat 'O' Banton.

Nothing ever Happens on a wages day looking for linda.

haha christ i'm sad. X

I've always had a soft spot for Spandau Ballet.
Since the 1st album and especially the 2nd "Diamond". Diamond is my favourite, Coffee Club, etc.

And I also like "True" and "Gold" - perfect pop tunes! I normally hate soft radio friendly pop but Spandau are great.

Opinions?

I have numerous Spandau Ballet tunes that bear the oh-so coveted 5-star rating on my ipod. And the opening synthesizer and guitar in "True" sends my heart aflutter.

Stop laughing.

I am also a sucker for sappy and soppy love songs particularly ones from the '70's and '80's. A slice of heaven, I tells ya.

Come on - none of you has mentioned anything awkward to me... :what:

And here I go:
Pussycat Dolls When I grow up
Westlife Ain't that a Kick In The Head
Midi Maxi Efti Ragga Steady
Joe Dassin Et si Tu N'existes Pas

This is what I call GUILTYpleasures ;)

Last edited:
This and Tears for Fears. What can I say, I like some 80s electropop. :blushing:

I didn't know that was a guilty pleasure. :o I <3 80's music.

I think this thread is for trashy music that you would never admit to your friends that you listen to but when you are by yourself you put it on loop.

Last edited by a moderator:
never liked the concept of guilty pleasures - put simply, a song is a song.
but, if I was to subscribe to it, I`d include I`m Free by Oasis and Big Plastic Trees by Radiohead - two bands I'm hugely embarrassed to admit to (occasionally) liking...

I've kept my Billy Idol cds.

When I go out on a friday night and we end up in a pub/bar that playing 80's music, I love it. Go west, Hall & Oats, luther vandross, Marc Almond, Frankie Goes to Hollywood, Yazoo, haircut 100, Kajagoogoo's and I even liked Bowie in the 80's but he's not embarrassing. It was simple music in depressing times.
My first ever concert was Tears for Fears at the Liverpool Empire and I was interviewed by Andy Kershaw for the Old Grey Whistle Test.

Back
Top Bottom