Groningen - De Oosterpoort (Mar. 9, 2015) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

The Queen Is Dead / Suedehead / Staircase At The University / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / People Are The Same Everywhere / Kiss Me A Lot / Istanbul / Neal Cassady Drops Dead / One Of Our Own / Trouble Loves Me / The Bullfighter Dies / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Kick The Bride Down The Aisle / What She Said / Meat is Murder / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Speedway // Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before

setlist provided by an anonymous person.

• Photos by Knelis (25 total) - De Oosterpoort / Facebook album. Link posted by Eurydice.

groningen.jpg

• Post by ALLIE WALLS:

He came on for the encore and his shirt was signed, It was a hard battle and the shirt took ages to rip. I put it down my top and didn't look at it til I was far away in the safety of the Irish bar. It was such a surprise to see I d got the bit that was signed One of the best gigs I ve seen him, met some really lovely people.

groningen_shirt.jpg
  • Review by André Rozendaal (3 photos) - KindaMuzik. Link posted by an anonymous person
  • Photos by gerlof hoekstra / Flickr (12 total). Link from Morran.

Last edited:
Aghhh!! He'd better mix in some more Smiths gems if he wants to fill up those arenas. #wss

SETLIST (not in proper order):

Queen is Dead
Suedehead
Staircase at the University
World Peace is None of Your Business
Neal Cassady Drops Dead
People Are the Same Everywhere
Speedway
Kick the Bride Down the Aisle
Trouble Loves Me
I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris
Bullfighter Dies
Istanbul
What She Said (confirmed)
Everyday is Like Sunday
Meat is Murder
Stop Me if You've Heard this One Before

- - - Updated - - -

Very sorry. My cat was laying on my keyboard.

Thanks for setlist!! I'm not getting anything done at home...so curious about concert details! "What she said" is so exciting, can't wait for video (I hope) I am very surprised by "Stop me" Didn't he say he didn't like that song/ wouldn't play it? Or am i thinking of something else?

...and the long awaited return of "People" :lbf:

Queen is Dead
Suedehead
Neal Cassady Drops Dead
Speedway
Trouble Loves Me
Bullfighter Dies
Istanbul
Everyday is Like Sunday
Meat is Murder

- - - Updated - - -

Very sorry. My cat was laying on my keyboard.

My cat, the Kitty Boo, informs me that Paris and One of Our Own were also played.

Surely there must be 2-3 songs missing on the setlist posted above?

Well, on the bright side he has heard the people's cries to bring "People are the Same Everywhere" back and obliged.

C'mon ! He really needs to stop throwing his arms around Paris :ahhh: Besides, we got it, M-e-a-t-i-s-m-u-r-d-e-r. Good to hear What She Said + Stop Me.

C'mon ! He really needs to stop throwing his arms around Paris :ahhh: Besides, we got it, M-e-a-t-i-s-m-u-r-d-e-r. Good to hear What She Said + Stop Me.

I'd drop Bullfighter and Istanbul, never going to happen though. I think that's a pretty damn good list over all. I don't remember seeing most of these, I'll be really happy if this is what he does when I go.

If he performed meat is murder I do hope you all started to laugh out loud at him, surely he should drop that laughable song now and replace it with cheesy board cheesy board.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

I knew it was coming, including the images... Still, what a buzzkill. It ruined the remainder of the show completely for me.

Jelger

- - - Updated - - -

We drove from Copenhagen for this show and it was surely worth the drive :)
Great great setlist in our opinion. Love the songs from world peace as much as the old smiths material etc. A really good mix and a really fun after party in the hallway afterwards :)

New/added Songs.

People are the Same everywhere
What she said
Stop Me...

Break in Speedway:
Ding-A-Dong every hour, when you're in the shower, even when Your lover is gone...

Lot of fun at after concert Foyer Dj Smiths & Moz & nice ones party!

Great start - looking forward to tomorrow in Tilburg &Saturday in Bournemouth (havent been in UK since 26 years, so great to go...:))

Did he storm off stage again ? That's a very short setlist, crikey how much is that working out at per song ?
Same old backdrops, same old performing monkey band, and the funniest song of all cheese is murder.
There's loads of tickets left as well, can't shift em so he's gonna have to give em away ( and that is gonna be easier said than done ).
God save the Queen.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

He's still plugging away at WPINOYB...which makes me sad because I was hoping for new songs from a possible upcoming new album.

(covers ears/eyes and waits to be slammed by the rest of the forum goers)

In a personal way I'd like to hear something new but in a big arena you're better with familiarity. We know we'll get World Peace songs, most of which I like but I think the back catalogue picks are superb. The Queen Is Dead, Speedway, What She Said, Suedehead, Stop me...

Last edited by a moderator:

Queen is Dead
Suedehead
Neal Cassady Drops Dead
Speedway
Trouble Loves Me
Bullfighter Dies
Istanbul
Everyday is Like Sunday
Meat is Murder

- - - Updated - - -

After Meat is Murder came Everyday is like Sunday (love that, but after that Video...:-/)
Then Speedway, then encore break, then Stop Me...

Those jeans look brand new. There is some serious neck jewellery going on there. I count three necklaces. Great to see that Stop Me is back in the setlist. He's looking pretty hungry for a good performance. Although I do think the backdrop looks a bit cheap.

In a personal way I'd like to hear something new but in a big arena you're better with familiarity. We know we'll get World Peace songs, most of which I like but I think the back catalogue picks are superb. The Queen Is Dead, Speedway, What She Said, Suedehead, Stop me...

Actually I didn't feel like in a big Arena...

Last edited by a moderator:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom