Grimsby - Grimsby Auditorium (June 28, 2011) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in. Beware of anonymous set list trolls!

Set List:

I Want The One I Can't Have / You're The One For Me, Fatty / You Have Killed Me / Shoplifters Of The World Unite / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / The Kid's A Looker / Everyday Is Like Sunday / There Is A Light That Never Goes Out / First Of The Gang To Die /Action Is My Middle Name / Alma Matters / One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell / Speedway / I Know It's Over / Satellite Of Love / Meat is Murder / Irish Blood, English Heart // This Charming Man

set list provided by goinghome and This Charming Man

Morrissey impresses despite his trademark antagonism - by Katy Forrester, Grimsby Telegraph

Last edited:
Some great comments. He seems to be really enjoying this tour. Great setlist. I like Action is my middle name but not so keen on Kids a looker.

Highlights for me were I want the one I cant have, Alma Matters, I know its over and Speedway.

Some great comments. He seems to be really enjoying this tour. Great setlist. I like Action is my middle name but not so keen on Kids a looker.

Highlights for me were I want the one I cant have, Alma Matters, I know its over and Speedway.

......fascinating.

Done GRIMsby before a few years ago , must say this was miles better and up with 1 of the best Mozza giggs I've done , highlight for me "Speedway" only way it could have been better would have been to have played "Jack the Ripper".:thumb:

Great gig, Moz seemed to be enjoying himself.
Speedway brilliant, There is a light sublime, I know it's Over
until Leeds anyway.

Thank you to those who share.

Does "great gig" mean "I enjoyed myself" or "Morrissey enjoyed himself"? It just struck me as it was mentioned twice that Morrissey enjoyed himselff.

Fantastic gig - as always. There is a light was orgasmic.
Pity about the support band Brother - never heard such garbage in my whole life - truly shit.

Best Morrissey gig I've ever been at, imho. The man was truly on top form. Support band, sadly, were WORST I've ever seen supporting him (and that includes Doll & The Kicks !!).

First Morrissey gig and thought he was excellent. Agree with comments re support band - seen loads of punk bands but these clowns were a disgrace to the punk movement. Still a great night though.

Never been to Grimsby before - certainly an experience but well worth the 3 hour drive and the rain. A great mix of Smiths classics and his solo stuff.
Morrissey at his best - although he needed to be to make up for the disgraceful bunch of muppets who provided the support. How Brother can ever be given the task of supporting Morrissey is beyond belief - how they can even be called musicians is debateable and how the singer can be called a singer is laughable - a screeching screaming joke.

The support band was laughably shit, they should be ditched and replaced by Mona who i thought were very good at Bradford.

The awful support band last night was flats not brother you retards

What he really needs to do is write some new songs that are good. People will prefer to hear those, rather than a reheated, rehashed version of songs that he wrote years ago with better musicians.

The whole thing puts me in mind of Status Quo.

Posts prefaced with the phrase 'what he really needs to do is...' should be treated with extreme caution!

Really really brilliant to have Morrissey come to my hometown and put on an amazing set.
My first Morrissey gig right at the front in the centre - so so hot. Didn't help that an absolute mental woman was behind me wanting his sweat and she just kept groaning and pushing WAAAAAY too hard. ("I LOVE YOU MORRISSEY" " YOU'RE SO BEAUTIFUL I WANT YOU" etc etc all the way through!)
It was all great but Speedway being such an incredible song really was amazing with the lights cutting out, then bursting back with the guitar - I just thought it was right dynamic!

So, I saw the best band of my life, and probably the worst! (the support band, so so hilarious - could only laugh)
Genius.

Hi there MORRISSEY & Crew: Congrats on great shows, new tunes & more new t-shirts ! "And after all this time"..Who could ASK for anything more? We still have you, so life's still o.k. always.. david g. & molly mae xoxo

That was pretty fantastic. Great set/great crowd. I know its over was the highlight for me, though the whole set was f*cking superb.

Also fairly amusing that the woman in front of us, (approx 2/3 deep from the barrier in the middle) was constantly moaning that "her daughter is only 15 - stop pushing" was met with complete disregard and contempt, though I do have a bruise on my rib-cage where the bitch elbowed me throughout, despite trying to keep her daughter protected. All part of the fun though. Roll on Hop Farm - is anyone else going? I bloody hope so, ticket sales not great from what I can gather.

Does anyone know which videos were being shown before Morrissey took the stage?

Hi there MORRISSEY & Crew: Congrats on great shows, new tunes & more new t-shirts ! "And after all this time"..Who could ASK for anything more? We still have you, so life's still o.k. always.. david g. & molly mae xoxo

You're quite stupid.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom