Greatest songs of all time

greatest suicide ever ….

Can you hear the bells ?

read somewhere Lou just walked up to the mic and recorded whatever came out of his mouth.

And the actresses relate
To the actor who comes home late
After the plays have gone down
And the crowds have scattered around
Though the city lights and the streets
No ticket could be beat
For the beautiful show of shows
Ah, broadway only knows
The great white milky way
It had something to say
When he fell down on his knees
After soaring through the air
With nothing to hold him there
It was really not so cute
To play without a parachute
As he stood upon the ledge
Looking out, he thought he saw a brook

And he hollered, look, there are the bells
..”

beautiful.

Even his ‘standard rock n roll’ songs are unique, I mean, that black angel is in all of his songs somewhere.

It's probably his best studio album, together with Transformer (I like noise, probably more than you do, but I'm not very interested in his MMM, other than the fact that he dared to release an album like that one).

But I know you will agree... the thread needs Sun Ra! We are no allowed to discard Sun Ra here!

I have an unhealthy obsession with The Good, the Bad & the Queen, and especially their album Merrie Land. The song ‘Ribbons’ deserves to be mentioned in this thread.

It's probably his best studio album, together with Transformer (I like noise, probably more than you do, but I'm not very interested in his MMM, other than the fact that he dared to release an album like that one).

But I know you will agree... the thread needs Sun Ra! We are no allowed to discard Sun Ra here!

Turkey posted Ra, never enough Ra though!

Experiment, listen to Metal Machine Music with headphones at a good volume while walking through the city for a while. It really messes with your perception, fun stuff.

:rock:

Back
Top Bottom