Greatest songs of all time

In 1959, after finishing high school, Mario Andretti planned to become a welder,
but he falsified a driver license so he could pass for 21 and enter an amateur race.

In 2007, Mario Andretti was honored with the "Lombardi Award of Excellence"
from the Vince Lombardi Cancer Foundation for making "a "Hall of Fame"
contribution to a sport, profession, or business in a manner that exemplifies
appreciation of God, country, society, family and self."

Probably this one has already been posted, but I won't search the whole thread (if it has not been posted, that's almost criminal):

And then... this one:

.... I was reading yesterday a book by Jonas Mekas, who is a damn genius and in one of the chapters he tells the story of how he became a musical producer for a very short time: he saw Tiny Tim playing and absolutely adored him, he thought that he was an amazing musician, so they recorded an album with 55 songs in 3 hours. They had to rush, but they managed to record 55 songs in just 3 hours (that's punk rock!)... but no label wanted to publish it because it sounded too bizarre, until he was "discovered" by the big labels 5 years later and they made him record the songs again, but without the original simplicity of just ukulele and voice and added drums, bass, guitar... But I was surprised to see that the very first time he recorded it was with Jonas Mekas!!!! (Certainly NOT this version, because they didn't include anything besides from his ukulele and his voice).

And the.... this one is simply amazing:

And, of course...

I really love how it was recorded as "experimental music" and it ended up being a "classic". It's fantastic, it's honest, it's brilliant!

Probably this one has already been posted, but I won't search the whole thread (if it has not been posted, that's almost criminal):

And then... this one:

.... I was reading yesterday a book by Jonas Mekas, who is a damn genius and in one of the chapters he tells the story of how he became a musical producer for a very short time: he saw Tiny Tim playing and absolutely adored him, he thought that he was an amazing musician, so they recorded an album with 55 songs in 3 hours. They had to rush, but they managed to record 55 songs in just 3 hours (that's punk rock!)... but no label wanted to publish it because it sounded too bizarre, until he was "discovered" by the big labels 5 years later and they made him record the songs again, but without the original simplicity of just ukulele and voice and added drums, bass, guitar... But I was surprised to see that the very first time he recorded it was with Jonas Mekas!!!! (Certainly NOT this version, because they didn't include anything besides from his ukulele and his voice).

And the.... this one is simply amazing:

And, of course...

I really love how it was recorded as "experimental music" and it ended up being a "classic". It's fantastic, it's honest, it's brilliant!

Was gonna get to that Lou song! he’s written so many great songs.

And Lee Hazlewood, that I’m sure Crime and the City and Nuebauten is forever indebted to.

Was gonna get to that Lou song! he’s written so many great songs.

And Lee Hazlewood, that I’m sure Crime and the City and Nuebauten is forever indebted to.
Oh, yes, about Lou!
My favourite is the Black Angel's Death Song... But because the music is incredibly chaotic and yet it sounds very harmonic... And they completely left the standards of "rock music" behind and it became something absolutely unique.

And Lee is another genius and at least "Some Velvet Morning" or "Sand" should be here (Sand, even covered by Neubauten, who were not really into covering rock songs, but made a strange exception with Sand).

Crime and the City Solution remains as a mystery.... They never managed to be famous... I am not talking about the fame of Britney Spears... But, say, the fame of Neubauten or Can. Maybe it is because Nick Cave was quite close in style and managed to be in the right place at the right time... I really don't know.

• The Smiths: There is a Light...
  • Suede: The Wild Ones
  • Love: Alone Again Or
  • Neil Young: Don't Let it Bring You Down
  • Bowie: Ashes to Ashes
  • Joy Division: Love Will Tear Us Apart
  • Pulp: Common People
  • Madrugada: Majesty
  • Kinks: Celluloid Heroes
  • Jesus and Mary Chain: Just Like Honey
  • My Bloody Valentine: Sometimes
  • The Fall: New Big Prinz