Greatest songs of all time

Elton ?

Last edited:
strange, just last week I was feeling a bit down, and the chorus of I’m Still Standing
popped into my head, which broke my mood
and gave me a giggle. I guess it served it’s purpose. And it’s promo video is hilarious.

I’m still standing is the soundtrack of my life LOL

That is truly a wunderbar !!!

Oh it was totally wunderbar, K-Ket! We have these wonderful, quirky little bars in Europe - last year we walked into a bar in Little Venice (Mykonos) after midnight and there were lots of candles everywhere and they played Cold Song by Klaus Nomi at full volume. What a magical moment.

And because I’ve already posted Cold Song by the K-Meister, here is another great interpretation of it:

Also, I deleted the post you quoted because I thought of the horror that is Shiny Happy People and decided I can’t post an REM song. :lbf:

I’m here to take you higher!

:rock:

At last, one on which we agree!! :)

"Innervisions" is indeed a great album. One of my other favourites from that album is this; simply beautiful:

My other favourite is this below, from "The Secret Life Of Plants"; again, just absolutely beautiful:

Like the leaves on the trees
Like a Carpenters song
Like the planes and the trains and the lives that were young
He’s gone

2 Dukes up ….

‘It's not the side-effects of the cocaine
I'm thinking that it must be love
It's too late - to be grateful’

The eternal genius of Scott Walker.

You probably know Jesse is about Elvis’s stillborn twin brother and 9/11. Yep, eternal genius.

‘It casts its ruins in shadows
under Memphis moonlight
Jesse are you listening?

Six feet of foetus
flung at sparrows in the sky
Put yourself in my shoes’

I know, yes. Which of course makes it even greater and more stirring.

Definitely one of the greatest songs of all time.
Extra points for nipples on this one:

Back
Top Bottom