Greatest Hits 2xLP "Redondo Beach" mispress question

ThatDan

No idea how I didn't know about this until today. I happen to have one copy of each version. I've searched the site with no luck, so I'll ask here. Are one of these versions more rare than the other?

Re: Greatest Hits 2xLP "Redondo Beach" mispress question.

Both were readily available here when the record was new. I can't remember if one is the UK and the other US. ??

I have a copy from Germany & it is mispressed also. It does not list Redondo Beach on the back of the jacket.

Passions simply says:
Some copies of the European double LP set (often with a 'Made in Germany' sticker on them) omit to list "Redondo Beach" on the label although the song is still featured on the record.​

Dave

Passions simply says:
Some copies of the European double LP set (often with a 'Made in Germany' sticker on them) omit to list "Redondo Beach" on the label although the song is still featured on the record.​

Dave

There was only one version of the LP - from the UK . Given my music industry experience I'd surly think they were all pressed/printed at the same place. Given that the mistake was clearly on the first run I'd guess that the corrected version is harder to find. Morrissey is a known quantity and I'm kind of surprised that there even was a second run of vinyl. A quick look at the LP's on eBay that show the back shows that they are all the mispressed version.

Given all that, I bought both of my copies from Insound and got one of each, so maybe I'm full of it.

That is weird, I pre ordered the LP and mine has Redondo Beach on the back.
catalog number is SKL6003/4780357

That is weird, I pre ordered the LP and mine has Redondo Beach on the back.
catalog number is SKL6003/4780357

My copies (both w/ and w/o Redondo) have identical catalog numbers and barcodes. The copy w/ Redono also added the line "Decca is a registered trademark of Decca Music Group Limited, London, England. A Universal Music Company." on the back.

Other differences are that on the version w/ Redondo the little "M" seal thingy with the lions is just printed in purple ink, not the metallic ink. Also on the Redondo version the song titles are in purpl ink, while on the version w/o redondo the song titles are printed in black ink.

Back
Top Bottom