Great news for insomniacs

Jukebox Jury

Retired
Today is the ''Superbowl'' final.
American football: Guarenteed to send anyone to sleep after 5 minutes:rolleyes:

Jukebox Jury

Re: Great News For Insomniacs......

Ha ha...Pigsty is a good place for this thread, cuz I think you're trying to start a little trouble! ;)

Listen,

I understand that you have a sport called football as well.

However, our sport is played by guys.

Aaaaand people actually score once in awhile instead of waiting a few hours to see a 1-0 game or a shootout.

Listen,

However, our sport is played by guys.

Oh, you mean those guys who wear pads and helmets covering every single part of their body so they dont get a little hurt:D

Try watching a game of rugby league...... a similar type of game (though you can't throw the ball forwards). But without the padding and helmets.

Likewise with baseball and those stupid gloves...... how can you fail to catch the ball with a glove the size of a shovel. I could never imagine cricket players wearing gloves like that to catch a ball:rolleyes:

Jukebox Jury

Listen,

Why do you call it ''foot-ball'' when you mostly throw it?:confused:

And while I'm on a roll...... why is baseball called the ''World Series'' when only teams from the USA and Toronto take part:rolleyes:

Jukebox Jury

Why do you call it ''foot-ball'' when you mostly throw it?:confused:

And while I'm on a roll...... why is baseball called the ''World Series'' when only teams from the USA and Toronto take part:rolleyes:

Jukebox Jury

why do you call it cricket when it doesn't involve actual crickets?

"A number of words are thought to be possible sources for the term "cricket". In the earliest known reference to the sport in 1598[26], it is called creckett. Given the strong medieval trade connections between south-east England and the County of Flanders when the latter belonged to the Duchy of Burgundy, the name may have been derived from the Middle Dutch[27] krick(-e), meaning a stick; or the Old English cricc or cryce meaning a crutch or staff.[28] In Old French, the word criquet seems to have meant a kind of club or stick.[29] In Samuel Johnson's Dictionary, he derived cricket from "cryce, Saxon, a stick".[30] Another possible source is the Middle Dutch word krickstoel, meaning a long low stool used for kneeling in church and which resembled the long low wicket with two stumps used in early cricket.[31] According to Heiner Gillmeister, a European language expert of Bonn University, "cricket" derives from the Middle Dutch phrase for hockey, met de (krik ket)sen (i.e., "with the stick chase").[32]"

It is called history ....

why do you call it cricket when it doesn't involve actual crickets?

Buddy Hollly didn't have any crickets either, but it didn't stop him using the name:p

Jukebox Jury

"A number of words are thought to be possible sources for the term "cricket". In the earliest known reference to the sport in 1598[26], it is called creckett. Given the strong medieval trade connections between south-east England and the County of Flanders when the latter belonged to the Duchy of Burgundy, the name may have been derived from the Middle Dutch[27] krick(-e), meaning a stick; or the Old English cricc or cryce meaning a crutch or staff.[28] In Old French, the word criquet seems to have meant a kind of club or stick.[29] In Samuel Johnson's Dictionary, he derived cricket from "cryce, Saxon, a stick".[30] Another possible source is the Middle Dutch word krickstoel, meaning a long low stool used for kneeling in church and which resembled the long low wicket with two stumps used in early cricket.[31] According to Heiner Gillmeister, a European language expert of Bonn University, "cricket" derives from the Middle Dutch phrase for hockey, met de (krik ket)sen (i.e., "with the stick chase").[32]"

It is called history ....

it's called "it was a freaking joke" :rolleyes:

Yes I understand you Americans don't get sarcasm but it was called 'banter'

i have a lot of $ riding on this game actually, stupid people like to make bets with me :eek:
it should be a good day financially for me :D

Tags
america fuck yeah america is not the world
Back
Top Bottom