Grand Prairie, TX - Verizon Theatre (Sep. 18, 2019) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

You're Gonna Need Someone On Your Side / Alma Matters / Hairdresser On Fire / Spent The Day In Bed / I Wish You Lonely / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Morning Starship / Lady Willpower / Wedding Bell Blues / Why Don’t You Find Out For Yourself / Hold On To Your Friends / Everyday Is Like Sunday / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / Back On The Chain Gang / Seasick, Yet Still Docked / The Bullfighter Dies / Never Again Will I Be A Twin / Some Say I Got Devil / Jack The Ripper / Something Is Squeezing My Skull // Suedehead / How Soon Is Now?

Setlist courtesy of @dallow_bg & setlist.fm

• Morrissey comes to Grand Prairie and rocks the crowd with ... cover songs? (3 photos) - The Dallas Morning News. Link posted by Famous when dead via Morrissey Official Facebook.
  • Photo posted by @la_tracalera / Instagram. Link posted by dallow_bg.

full

Last edited:
A special Texas tour shirt was sold here in two colors and presumably will be at the other Texas shows while supplies last.

xEXJLG5.jpg

He wore the blue Texas shirt during the final encore before ripping it up and throwing it out at the end.
He had actually signed the shirt and written a note on it "THE ARTIST MUST EDUCATE THE CRITIC"

lKfq67C.png

wvr7WZo.png

Up to his usual bullshit stealing lines/quotes from others to make him look clever.
This one belongs Oscar Wilde kids :tiphat:

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

Up to his usual bullshit stealing lines/quotes from others to make him look clever.

Skinny these incredible sold crowds must have you chomping on chicken necks:lbf::lbf:

:crystalball::turban::crystalball:

Salaambambam the Magnificent
reporting from Tx

Grand Prairie, TX - Verizon Theatre (Sep. 18, 2019).jpg

@Joshie sur Instagram

Grand Prairie, TX - Verizon Theatre (Sep. 18, 2019)

Something Is Squeezing My Skull

From YouTube: Silkyv13
Average audience recording (7,0)
Audio file MP3 / 320 kbit/s

Link: https://we.tl/t-ASmlwkDW8H

Best Regards,

PIVI16

Last edited:
Any Interpol fans here who can explain what it’s about? Most bland band ever. Great choice as opener...makes the main act sound even better. Pigeon detectives would be better..

Firstly, it’s yourself who seems to want to look clever. Second, Morrissey has placed the quote in quotation marks; so he isn’t trying to pass it off as his own. Finally, you are scarcely revealing esoteric knowledge: the quote is interesting in this context precisely because it’s widely recognised as Wilde’s.

Last edited by a moderator:
I went to the show with my daughter and we both loved it! Lots of excitement and the big songs were HUGE. There were a few fairly dull songs in the middle, and I couldn't help thinking about all the great songs that he could have played instead. The songs were good, but the energy definitely went down a few steps. Overall a great show and he is a lot of fun to watch. I'm sure he was happy to be inside and not boiling in the heat. Come back soon!

Knoblet, hoisted by own petard...get googling that one, seamus the ignoramus...

You of all ppl, skinny twat, should know that way back in 1984, when asked what his favourite OW quote was, he responded that it was the quote you refer to above.

Do try & keep up at the back, please!

Hmmm, I always thought inverted commas ("...") [otherwise known over the pond as quotation marks] signified a quotation...be interested to know your thoughts skinny, if you have any of your own?

And I'm sure that T-shirt does clearly show quotation marks too...

Just to help you out, here's a definition from Collins, who I would consider a greater authority on this subject, as opposed to some skinny twat from west Yorkshire who never went to school & has obtained all his learnings from the likes of 'face-ache' &/or 'twatter'...duh!

I'll put it in inverted commas for you just so you know it's a direct quote, in accordance with the rules of the English language, like:

"Inverted commas are punctuation marks that are used in writing to show where speech or a quotation begins and ends. They are usually written or printed as ' ' or “ ”. Inverted commas are also sometimes used around the titles of books, plays, or songs, or around a word or phrase that is being discussed."...let me know if you need any more help with your homework, skinny. Cheers.

Houston is a flooded city with 2 days to go.......not good..... highways are rivers and stores are pools.....steal keeping the faith. The last time in Houston coincidently was suppose to be at White Oak and the day of the show was moved to Sugarland .....I guess we will see if water recedes

Houston is a flooded city with 2 days to go.......not good..... highways are rivers and stores are pools.....steal keeping the faith. The last time in Houston coincidently was suppose to be at White Oak and the day of the show was moved to Sugarland .....I guess we will see if water recedes

Best wishes to all in Houston, hope things improve asap, be safe please guys.

Decent show and Moz had a ton of energy but the setlist was just meh...

I was in the pit and it was definitely not sold out or even close to being sold out. Tons of room and chill crowd.

Best wishes to all in Houston, hope things improve asap, be safe please guys.
I do promise this.....If show gets canceled, I wont bad mouth Morrissey because I know things happen in life. You got to move on and I'll get my money back......no big deal

I do promise this.....If show gets canceled, I wont bad mouth Morrissey because I know things happen in life. You got to move on and I'll get my money back......no big deal

I think stuff like this is out of Moz's control, & any decision to either cancel, or proceed, with the show will be made by other agencies taking the many factors into consideration, most probably ppls safety for starters.

I think stuff like this is out of Moz's control, & any decision to either cancel, or proceed, with the show will be made by other agencies taking the many factors into consideration.
I believe you are right......and since the storm is not moving.....I'm starting to believe based on looking out my window and video around the area after Austin they will be heading to Colorado, It will take a miracle to play Houston....its bad here. I hate to be the burden of bad news but it dont look good at all. They even closed the interstate down to get to Houston

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom