GQ: "A$AP Rocky Is the Prettiest Man Alive" - Morrissey reportedly features on new A$AP Rocky album (May 19, 2021)

"Two new important creative partners are likely to be found on All Smiles. The first is Morrissey.

Morrissey! Rocky, it turns out, is a huge fan, and he's been working remotely with the Pope of Mope over the past year. The former Smiths frontman has been writing, producing, and contributing vocals to the new record, Rocky says. 'Anything you need him to do, he show up and do.'"

Related item:
Media items:

I really do hate to tell you this, Uncleskinny, but he has a following in the UK. How interesting that over the last couple of years, Morrissey’s been reaching out to those he was known to have dismissed previously.
‘Papa Jack’ keeps coming to mind, as I read this.
Twat springs to mind, as I read this.

I'm sorry, no one in the UK has heard of this 'artist' and it will mean nothing
Well, rap isn't really my thing, but he did headline some major festivals in the U.K. when things like festivals still existed...but I know that you would never let a fact come in the way of spouting absolute fecking bollocks.

Speaking from a Gen Z standpoint, this is really smart. It's also hilarious seeing my peers in my generation get pissed and already burning their ASAP Rocky merch. Good move Moz!

Morrissey said this in 2015, in Alternative Nation:

I’m not inspired by rap but I can see how ‘Fear Of a Black Planet’ or ‘Mamma, Don’t You Think They Know?’ jumps ahead with everything Nina Simone was doing with ‘To Be Young, Gifted And Black’… I think rap has scared the American white establishment to death, mainly because it’s true. James Brown once sang “Say It Loud, I’m Black And I’m Proud”. No pop artist would ever be allowed to say that today … they’d be instantly dropped from the label. If Billie Holiday approached Capitol Records in 2015 they wouldn’t entertain her for a second.

although he went on to write Bobby, Don't You Think They Know. So he is inspired by their words, if not their musical style.

I'm sorry, no one in the UK has heard of this 'artist' and it will mean nothing

i take it you got the email from
:handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: demanding an explanation.
giving dumb interviews to every unknown
blog but Moz gets Iggy, ASAP, and Hot Chili Peppers.
SR and JR are likely having an episode:lbf:

He liked the corby blonde real ale, wasn’t to impressed with the Cumberland sausage...
He soon left for a game of bingo at the Mecca across the road 💰💰
I’m incredibly excited. This is my favourite duet ever; I’m hoping for something similar

God , this kid wears some ridiculous clobber...
Looks like a model for great universal catalogue...

A kilt with jeans 🤣🤣
Gordy and Karen will be spitting feathers ...

It's been a wild ride watching Morrissey grow ever more flailing & desperate to capture what sells & is popular or fashionable & missing the mark by miles. If he had a crystal ball in the 80s that allowed him to see his future he'd have gone the Ian Curtis route. That's the funny thing about life- you die in your prime with your legacy untouched, or you throw everything at the wall like dog shit to see what sticks and keep peddling increasingly cringe material.
Stick it up your c***.

Says "90% complete" so I anticipate this year.
Would be nice if Morrissey released his album not long after too!

That's promising although often, to perfectionists, the last 10% takes as much time as the first 90%. To release his own album not long after would be very clever. Morrissey always rises from the dead, as he has proven many times before. So this is really exciting news

It's been a wild ride watching Morrissey grow ever more flailing & desperate to capture what sells & is popular or fashionable & missing the mark by miles. If he had a crystal ball in the 80s that allowed him to see his future he'd have gone the Ian Curtis route. That's the funny thing about life- you die in your prime with your legacy untouched, or you throw everything at the wall like dog shit to see what sticks and keep peddling increasingly cringe material.
You are ignorance personified. Ian Curtis was a young man, not even yet in his prime. He left behind a wife, young daughter, a platonic relationship, and all his friends, not to mention his parents. Just for a complete twat like you to comment on.

That's promising although often, to perfectionists, the last 10% takes as much time as the first 90%. To release his own album not long after would be very clever. Morrissey always rises from the dead, as he has proven many times before. So this is really exciting news
Very true, after all

"Why is the last mile the hardest mile?"

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom