Gothenburg, Sweden - Way Out West Festival (Aug. 11, 2016) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Alma Matters / You Have Killed Me / Ganglord / Speedway / You’re The One For Me, Fatty / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / I’m Throwing My Arms Around Paris / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Kiss Me A Lot / Scandinavia / The Bullfighter Dies / Meat Is Murder / Everyday Is Like Sunday / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / First Of The Gang To Die / All You Need Is Me / Jack The Ripper / I Will See You In Far-Off Places / What She Said / Irish Blood, English Heart

setlist provided by Sarcasmos, @mr_morran / Twitter (link posted by I_Am_A_Disco_Dancer).

• Hotade bojkotta Morrissey - då ändrade sig stjärnan (8 photos by Jenny Ingemarsson) - GP. Link posted by Sarcasmos.

38938_gothenburg2.jpg
  • Morrissey krönte torsdagskvällen (3 photos by Björn Larsson Rosvall/TT) - Metro. Link posted by Sarcasmos.

38937_gothenburg.jpg
  • Morrissey från Way Out West (20 photos by Nora Lorek) - ROCKFOTO

Last edited:
Why am I bothering replying on this SHIT PAGE of haters and trolls - BUT facts:

The burger chain Max, vile as they may be, ONLY sold vegetarian and vegan burgers and meals at the festival.

The festival is sold out. Last year broke the record for the size of the audience, and this year the area is even larger.

Media and "fans" can go f*** themselves.

Morrissey owned it! *over and out*

I thought perhaps people read my post and noticed that I mentioned that Max were selling way out west menus all over Sweden not at the festival. This means that Moz was paid with money from Max sales off their menu that was not vegetarian at all. Next time read the post or ask.

Not even two hours before Morrissey would imagine the scene at the Way Out West his manager sent out an e-mail marked "Urgent" to all photographers at the festival.To get the photograph artist from the photo pit, they had to sign a contract - where they basically disclaims rights to their images.

it looks like Moz tried to five finger the poor photographers.

Despite some rumours here the festival started off very badly with Libertines maybe playing on Friday instead and fans at the festival and media reported that this years line up is very weak and disappointing and the Moz gig had not atmo at all maybe due to the freezing conditions for this time of year.

Max sold veggie products at festival but at same time sell meat menu under way out west banner at every restaurant. The way out west logo is on the menu at every Max and the menu is very meat based and focus on bacon and jalapenos. They also work for minimum wage and avoid giving the kids working there any form of social right that every other worker in Sweden get.

Moz sleeping with the devil and also eating candy/sweets that are animal based so not veggie at all.
Not big on hate but I prefer facts but most marxists are not into facts it seems.

I was there and it certainly wasn't a small crowd - biggest crowd of the day and a par for a Thursday night headliner. It was chilly but nothing too artic.
He actually made a point of saying how great it was to be at a festival that only served vegetarian/vegan food, before playing Meat is Murder. And as someone else has said, Max have pushed the veggie angle and it's gone down very well here, where veggies/vegans, and vendors catering to them throughout the city, appear much more numerous than back in the UK.
The festival sponsor Max sponsored this festival with sales from meat burgers at their restaurants across Sweden and them selling veggie inside a small temporary area may please some but I see it as being a hypocrite.

Morrissey was introduced on stage by Swedish actor Andreas Wilson of the film Ondskan, whom Morrissey mentions on page 384 of Autobiography (which Wilson didn't fail to point out). A great gig and a very good setlist. Especially enjoyed hearing What She Said. Morrissey was very talkative and seemed happy. I think he was genuinely pleased to be headlining a vegan, or rather vegetarian, festival.

Morrissey was introduced on stage by Swedish actor Andreas Wilson of the film Ondskan, whom Morrissey mentions on page 384 of Autobiography (which Wilson didn't fail to point out). A great gig and a very good setlist. Especially enjoyed hearing What She Said. Morrissey was very talkative and seemed happy. I think he was genuinely pleased to be headlining a vegan, or rather vegetarian, festival.
Funded by meat sales across your land, please visit a Max tomorrow and read their lit up menu behind counter and admire the way out west logo.

I thought perhaps people read my post and noticed that I mentioned that Max were selling way out west menus all over Sweden not at the festival. This means that Moz was paid with money from Max sales off their menu that was not vegetarian at all. Next time read the post or ask.

In the bag !

Like :thumbsup: also very informative :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks again.

BtBB:greatbritain::knife:

Despite some rumours here the festival started off very badly with Libertines maybe playing on Friday instead and fans at the festival and media reported that this years line up is very weak and disappointing and the Moz gig had not atmo at all maybe due to the freezing conditions for this time of year.

Max sold veggie products at festival but at same time sell meat menu under way out west banner at every restaurant. The way out west logo is on the menu at every Max and the menu is very meat based and focus on bacon and jalapenos. They also work for minimum wage and avoid giving the kids working there any form of social right that every other worker in Sweden get.

Moz sleeping with the devil and also eating candy/sweets that are animal based so not veggie at all.
Not big on hate but I prefer facts but most marxists are not into facts it seems.

the truth at last!! not only was it NOT sold out, Moz was bumped to Thrusday for lack of interest.
and i guess norway will much to answer for, being frigid.

Why does he have an Indian Head nickel as a backdrop? Where is Gottenburg? I am looking at a map of Germany and I don't see this city. Playing far off places, but not America is not the world and he is outside of the USA...he just doesn't give a shit anymore. Ganglord rocks. I reckon opening with Interesting Drug would be top mental.

I'm kind of torn, we don't get to see him often here so it's awesome he is coming back so soon and I can't really complain about that. Thankful for what you get etc.

On the other hand, really lacklustre setlist which seems like a combination of the 2015/2012 shows. I hoped with a big break between tours he would come back with a lot of fresh stuff like he used to do.

He should throw these into the setlist:
...Maudlin St.
He cried
Seasick...
King Leer
Good looking man about town
London

Setlist looks OK at the start and end, but the middle between 'World Peace' and 'Crashing Bores' is very dreary.

Thank you for this periscope.

He said he was delighted to be in this completly vegan festival, and since the night was sold out he asked the rest of the world please take note. He added: "no death for sale, no pain for sale, no torture for sale... apart from me" :)

Lucky stage invader got a bear hug from Morrissey during EDILS.:clap:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom