Gothenburg, Sweden - Way Out West Festival (Aug. 11, 2016) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Alma Matters / You Have Killed Me / Ganglord / Speedway / You’re The One For Me, Fatty / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / I’m Throwing My Arms Around Paris / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Kiss Me A Lot / Scandinavia / The Bullfighter Dies / Meat Is Murder / Everyday Is Like Sunday / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / First Of The Gang To Die / All You Need Is Me / Jack The Ripper / I Will See You In Far-Off Places / What She Said / Irish Blood, English Heart

setlist provided by Sarcasmos, @mr_morran / Twitter (link posted by I_Am_A_Disco_Dancer).

• Hotade bojkotta Morrissey - då ändrade sig stjärnan (8 photos by Jenny Ingemarsson) - GP. Link posted by Sarcasmos.

38938_gothenburg2.jpg
  • Morrissey krönte torsdagskvällen (3 photos by Björn Larsson Rosvall/TT) - Metro. Link posted by Sarcasmos.

38937_gothenburg.jpg
  • Morrissey från Way Out West (20 photos by Nora Lorek) - ROCKFOTO

Last edited:
Setlist

Suedehead, Alma Matters, You Have Killed Me, Ganglord, Speedway, You’re The One For Me, Fatty, Ouija Board, I’m Throwing My Arms Around Paris, World Peace Is None Of Your Business, Kiss Me A lot, Scandinavia, The Bullfighter Dies, Meat Is Murder, Everyday Is Like Sunday, The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores, First Of The Gang To Die, All You Need Is Me, Jack The Ripper, I Will See You In Far Off Places, What She Said, Irish Blood English Heart

Things I would remove: Ganglord, ouyjia board, paris, world peace, kis me, scandanavia, bullfighter, everyday, i will see you...the rest is fine

Now that's a playlist! Just hold it there to Manchester Moz! Only 4 WPINOYB songs! Classics like You're the One For Me and Ouija Board! Don't you go back to playing 9 from the latest album! ;-)

Now that's a playlist! Just hold it there to Manchester Moz! Only 4 WPINOYB songs! Classics like You're the One For Me and Ouija Board! Don't you go back to playing 9 from the latest album! ;-)
If he could drop Ganglord and/or WPINOYB for Staircase and/or Merchant that'd be great

This song would be lovely to hear and the Subway intro for EDILS

If he could drop Ganglord and/or WPINOYB for Staircase and/or Merchant that'd be great

Yeah! I don't mind Ganglord to be fair. I think it's one of his better recent B-Sides. My hope is that he will play 'Now My Heart is Full' which is bleak but I've never heard it live and it would make my life! XD

Good to see Fatty. Hoping for a few more classics in Manchester.

Facts about Way Out West:

Burger chain Max in Sweden sponsored the event with their special Way Out West menu that's not veggie at all.

This was the 10th year of the festival and it was focusing on politics with a host of famous marxists lecturing. Many fans boycotted festival due to the late release of starting times for bands and artists performing.

Media and fans reported their disappointment at the weak line up this year.

If he tweaked the set list a bit it would be much stronger, IMHO. Pairs, Scandinavia, Chrashing Bores, WPINOYB, Far off Places can all be replaced with more Smiths and/or Moz classics like Playboys, National Front Disco, Billy Bud (and stop playing MiM every damn show!).

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom