Gothenburg, Sweden - Way Out West Festival (Aug. 11, 2016) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Alma Matters / You Have Killed Me / Ganglord / Speedway / You’re The One For Me, Fatty / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / I’m Throwing My Arms Around Paris / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Kiss Me A Lot / Scandinavia / The Bullfighter Dies / Meat Is Murder / Everyday Is Like Sunday / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / First Of The Gang To Die / All You Need Is Me / Jack The Ripper / I Will See You In Far-Off Places / What She Said / Irish Blood, English Heart

setlist provided by Sarcasmos, @mr_morran / Twitter (link posted by I_Am_A_Disco_Dancer).

• Hotade bojkotta Morrissey - då ändrade sig stjärnan (8 photos by Jenny Ingemarsson) - GP. Link posted by Sarcasmos.

38938_gothenburg2.jpg
  • Morrissey krönte torsdagskvällen (3 photos by Björn Larsson Rosvall/TT) - Metro. Link posted by Sarcasmos.

38937_gothenburg.jpg
  • Morrissey från Way Out West (20 photos by Nora Lorek) - ROCKFOTO

Last edited:
Morrissey pretty much always carries Worry Beads in his pocket whilst on stage. They're not Rosary Beads as one poster asked. Whilst stood at the side or back during the set he will get them out.

Despite some rumours here the festival started off very badly with Libertines maybe playing on Friday instead and fans at the festival and media reported that this years line up is very weak and disappointing and the Moz gig had not atmo at all maybe due to the freezing conditions for this time of year.

Max sold veggie products at festival but at same time sell meat menu under way out west banner at every restaurant. The way out west logo is on the menu at every Max and the menu is very meat based and focus on bacon and jalapenos. They also work for minimum wage and avoid giving the kids working there any form of social right that every other worker in Sweden get.

Moz sleeping with the devil and also eating candy/sweets that are animal based so not veggie at all.
Not big on hate but I prefer facts but most marxists are not into facts it seems.

L O L :rofl: AND IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE NOW MOZZBOTS ! :tiphat::mock::head-smack::rofl::laughing::popcorn:

Meat is cash flow

BtBB :greatbritain::knife:

Facts about Way Out West:

Burger chain Max in Sweden sponsored the event with their special Way Out West menu that's not veggie at all.

This was the 10th year of the festival and it was focusing on politics with a host of famous marxists lecturing. Many fans boycotted festival due to the late release of starting times for bands and artists performing.

Media and fans reported their disappointment at the weak line up this year.

If this is true (and the information is contradictory but on balance sadly suggests it is) then it's damning, yet another nail in the coffin of Morrissey's credibility. What is the point of doing interviews where he says it's a pre-condition of signing a live contract that animal products will not be available to the audience, only to ignore that moral proviso when it's expedient to hoist a lucrative festival gig fee?

Why lambast the delightful Harpa in Reykjavik (who were looking at ways to meet this stipulation only for Morrissey to flounce off) yet ignore the presence of a burger chain sponsor clearly listed as a 'partner' on this festival's official website?

I personally do not see the point of this moralistic nonsense, especially when he was stuffing his gob with cheese and selling cheezy goujons to his fans just over a year ago. It would make far more sense to invite in a local Vegan food concession as an additional choice/alternative than to make a huge bluster about this issue when it's convenient then ignore it when it's convenient or lucrative to do so.

Morrissey only gave up eating Dairy because he was shamed into doing so by myself and others on this site. To now see him backsliding once again from his supposedly hard-core animal rights position is just ridiculous. Either ignore the presence of Carnism menu items at gigs, provide Vegan alternatives alongside, or refuse to play anywhere that will not stop selling meat and dairy when he plays. The final choice is the one he claims to insist upon but the evidence from Gothenburg shows he is once again being devious, truculent and unreliable. Did he really think nobody would notice? Or find it entirely valid to denounce this gaffe as yet another clownish act of idiocy after blathering about his moral indignation with regard to animals used as human food?

From perusing the festival website it's clear that some positive efforts have been made but then you see that the main rationale is human-centric environmental awareness, not animal rights.

Findus states

"When Way Out West took the decision to be a vegetarian festival we were both impressed and curious."

http://www.wayoutwest.se/en/partners/findus/

Let's be very clear: A vegetarian music festival is no different to a Carnivore music festival as far as animal rights are concerned. If there's milk, cheese or eggs, there's no difference. None. There's no menu items listed so one can only assume that 'vegetarian' means 'vegetarian including milk, cheese & eggs' otherwise they'd write 'took the decision to become a vegan festival', which they don't.

Tutti Frutti are also to be applauded:

"As everyone knows Way Out West has been completely vegetarian since 2012, so it is the perfect opportunity for us to introduce Tutti Frutti’s yummy gelatine-free sweets to those that come by and visit us in Fazer’s booth."

http://www.wayoutwest.se/en/partners/tutti-frutti/

Then we see Oatly state:

"Our collaboration with Way Out West started in 2014. Why our collaboration came about is not hard to understand: In 2012 Way Out West decided to become the most sustainable festival in the world. They stopped serving meat and immediately decreased their environmentally impact by 25%. Not bad we thought. So together we decided to take it one step further and in 2015 the festival become milk free, reducing their impact even more."

http://www.wayoutwest.se/en/partners/oatly/

This is excellent stuff but the confusion begins as it states that Way Out West 'stopped serving meat' which is fine, but did it stop serving milk, eggs and cheese? And how does that relate to the sponsor notice from Max which obscures as much as it reveals?

"It’s time again! Over 30 000 people will gather at a festival. A festival that has a stance and that actually take actions on it. We like that, and that’s why it is an honor to be a part of it. Food is one of our time biggest climate challenges, especially red meat. That is why we’ve put up the goal that, by the year 2020, 1 of 3 orders will be something other than that. And we hope that the rest of the restaurant industry will join us.

More specifically: this January we launched our Green-family, and that was our biggest success. Our next step is the worlds first all vegetarian Max, and this will be launched at Björngårdsvillan with a view over the festival, Gothenburg and a tastier world."

http://www.wayoutwest.se/en/partners/max/

How did this 'mission statement' translate into the festival environment? Did it mean that only 'vegetarian Max' was served at Way Out West, in which case, did that include cheese as an ingredient? Or does it mean that there is a goal to transition to non-meat by 2020? Again, does that mean Vegetarian or Vegan as they are polar opposites when it comes to animal rights? In the publicity photo for this sponsor Max cheese on burgers is clearly visible. Vegan cheese? I doubt it!

This may seem pedantic but it isn't. There is no gradualism with animal rights, no road-map to a less oppressive world. Either it's vegan or it's animal oppression. Morrissey made a fool of himself on 'Larry King Live' by claiming that it was 'too hard' to switch to Veganism and 'too expensive'. Total nonsense, particularly with regard to pop stars and rich festival goers.

It seems from the information available that Morrissey once again turned a blind eye to the presence of animal products at a music festival, presumably for financial reasons and also because he believes in a gradualist approach to animal rights just like Max Burgers do: In other words he is an animal welfarist not an animal liberationist. I think that is his position for the last 3 decades of singing 'Meat is Murder' whilst eating 'humanely produced' cheese: there is no such thing! Never was.

So, in conclusion:

An attendee at this festival clearly states that a sponsor of the festival, 'Max' served a Way Out West menu that 'isn't veggie at all', strongly suggesting meat burgers were indeed available & the picture used on the festival website seems to show meat burgers.. Even if there were only 'vegetarian' burgers, the issue of dairy remains to be resolved. Can anyone else who was there provide further clarification?

I have no problem with Morrissey playing at semi-demi-quasi veggie festivals that serve dairy and meat alongside alternatives but if he does so he has zero right to sing 'Meat Is Murder' whilst his audience are chowing down on 'vegetarian' burgers containing cheese, just as he had no right to sing that song whilst his gut was churning from his pre-gig back-stage rider treat of 'cheese' for all those years. A vegetarian festival is no different to one that serves roasted meat.

The only logical, coherent position is to either only play explicitly vegan festivals or not make food such a issue with his absurd Virtue Signalling: "look at me! I care about animals! you lot don't!" He has wasted over 3 decades on this nonsense, surely he's not going to try and spin that delusional rubbish yet again?

If it was a vegan festival, he deserves plaudits and kudos for walking the talk. If it was yet another 'vegetarian compromise' in his List of the Lost opportunities to walk the talk then he deserves brickbats. Can anyone provide a definitive answer? Was 'Way Out West' a 'vegetarian' or a 'vegan' festival?

I assume the menu at Manchester will be absolutely 100% Vegan? My spies will, of course, be checking both front of house and back-stage.

I await further updates on GothenburgGate from BtBB and other passionate contributors to this excellent online electronic cafe/creche. I also expect a lot of angry responses for, once again, daring to challenge the authenticity and integrity of your Cult Leader.

with every good wish
BrummieBoy

sponsor_max-1920x580.jpg

the entire Way Out Fest was sold out, but that doesnt translate to Moz selling it out. by all accounts he will have the smallest audience of all the acts, as Sweden has shown little interest.
The smallish aud spent the entire set making small talk. sad but true.

Ganglord is one of the best songs of his solo career.
Yah. Moz played Ganglord twice at Marley Park in Dublin in 2006. The first time there were technical difficulties although he'd almost finished it, then he did it in full again. He played 'There is A Light' twice in Dublin's Point Theatre back in 2004. I don't know how rare it is for Moz to play the same song twice during one concert.

If it was a vegan festival, he deserves plaudits and kudos for walking the talk. If it was yet another 'vegetarian compromise' in his List of the Lost opportunities to walk the talk then he deserves brickbats. Can anyone provide a definitive answer? Was 'Way Out West' a 'vegetarian' or a 'vegan' festival?

I'm from Gothenburg. It's a vegetarian festival.

The festival went vegetarian in 2012 and milk-free in 2015.

They do still serve ice cream and cheese.

http://www.wayoutwest.se/way-out-west-blir-mjolkfri-2015/

Seems he's dropping the best song on WP ("Staircase")... and redoing the same setlist from his previous tours.

I hope he keeps changing it up... He really should put Scandanavia, First of the Gang, and Paris away... Kiss Me A Lot should go away as well.
and so should you.

Those than complain about the shows
A. Are not at the show
B. Probably don't watch the video
C. Won't be going to any of the shows
D. Are fixated on how many people go
E. Never mention , via instagram, how many people really enjoyed the show
F. Obsessed with directing anger towards him

Enjoyed watching shows on instagram :sweet:

Those than complain about the shows
A. Are not at the show
B. Probably don't watch the video
C. Won't be going to any of the shows
D. Are fixated on how many people go
E. Never mention , via instagram, how many people really enjoyed the show
F. Obsessed with directing anger towards him

Enjoyed watching shows on instagram :sweet:

:thumbsup:

If this is true (and the information is contradictory but on balance sadly suggests it is) then it's damning, yet another nail in the coffin of Morrissey's credibility. What is the point of doing interviews where he says it's a pre-condition of signing a live contract that animal products will not be available to the audience, only to ignore that moral proviso when it's expedient to hoist a lucrative festival gig fee?

Why lambast the delightful Harpa in Reykjavik (who were looking at ways to meet this stipulation only for Morrissey to flounce off) yet ignore the presence of a burger chain sponsor clearly listed as a 'partner' on this festival's official website?

I personally do not see the point of this moralistic nonsense, especially when he was stuffing his gob with cheese and selling cheezy goujons to his fans just over a year ago. It would make far more sense to invite in a local Vegan food concession as an additional choice/alternative than to make a huge bluster about this issue when it's convenient then ignore it when it's convenient or lucrative to do so.

Morrissey only gave up eating Dairy because he was shamed into doing so by myself and others on this site. To now see him backsliding once again from his supposedly hard-core animal rights position is just ridiculous. Either ignore the presence of Carnism menu items at gigs, provide Vegan alternatives alongside, or refuse to play anywhere that will not stop selling meat and dairy when he plays. The final choice is the one he claims to insist upon but the evidence from Gothenburg shows he is once again being devious, truculent and unreliable. Did he really think nobody would notice? Or find it entirely valid to denounce this gaffe as yet another clownish act of idiocy after blathering about his moral indignation with regard to animals used as human food?

From perusing the festival website it's clear that some positive efforts have been made but then you see that the main rationale is human-centric environmental awareness, not animal rights.

Findus states

"When Way Out West took the decision to be a vegetarian festival we were both impressed and curious."

http://www.wayoutwest.se/en/partners/findus/

Let's be very clear: A vegetarian music festival is no different to a Carnivore music festival as far as animal rights are concerned. If there's milk, cheese or eggs, there's no difference. None. There's no menu items listed so one can only assume that 'vegetarian' means 'vegetarian including milk, cheese & eggs' otherwise they'd write 'took the decision to become a vegan festival', which they don't.

Tutti Frutti are also to be applauded:

"As everyone knows Way Out West has been completely vegetarian since 2012, so it is the perfect opportunity for us to introduce Tutti Frutti’s yummy gelatine-free sweets to those that come by and visit us in Fazer’s booth."

http://www.wayoutwest.se/en/partners/tutti-frutti/

Then we see Oatly state:

"Our collaboration with Way Out West started in 2014. Why our collaboration came about is not hard to understand: In 2012 Way Out West decided to become the most sustainable festival in the world. They stopped serving meat and immediately decreased their environmentally impact by 25%. Not bad we thought. So together we decided to take it one step further and in 2015 the festival become milk free, reducing their impact even more."

http://www.wayoutwest.se/en/partners/oatly/

This is excellent stuff but the confusion begins as it states that Way Out West 'stopped serving meat' which is fine, but did it stop serving milk, eggs and cheese? And how does that relate to the sponsor notice from Max which obscures as much as it reveals?

"It’s time again! Over 30 000 people will gather at a festival. A festival that has a stance and that actually take actions on it. We like that, and that’s why it is an honor to be a part of it. Food is one of our time biggest climate challenges, especially red meat. That is why we’ve put up the goal that, by the year 2020, 1 of 3 orders will be something other than that. And we hope that the rest of the restaurant industry will join us.

More specifically: this January we launched our Green-family, and that was our biggest success. Our next step is the worlds first all vegetarian Max, and this will be launched at Björngårdsvillan with a view over the festival, Gothenburg and a tastier world."

How did this 'mission statement' translate into the festival environment? Did it mean that only 'vegetarian Max' was served at Way Out West, in which case, did that include cheese as an ingredient? Or does it mean that there is a goal to transition to non-meat by 2020? Again, does that mean Vegetarian or Vegan as they are polar opposites when it comes to animal rights? In the publicity photo for this sponsor Max cheese on burgers is clearly visible. Vegan cheese? I doubt it!

This may seem pedantic but it isn't. There is no gradualism with animal rights, no road-map to a less oppressive world. Either it's vegan or it's animal oppression. Morrissey made a fool of himself on 'Larry King Live' by claiming that it was 'too hard' to switch to Veganism and 'too expensive'. Total nonsense, particularly with regard to pop stars and rich festival goers.

It seems from the information available that Morrissey once again turned a blind eye to the presence of animal products at a music festival, presumably for financial reasons and also because he believes in a gradualist approach to animal rights just like Max Burgers do: In other words he is an animal welfarist not an animal liberationist. I think that is his position for the last 3 decades of singing 'Meat is Murder' whilst eating 'humanely produced' cheese: there is no such thing! Never was.

So, in conclusion:

An attendee at this festival clearly states that a sponsor of the festival, 'Max' served a Way Out West menu that 'isn't veggie at all', strongly suggesting meat burgers were indeed available & the picture used on the festival website seems to show meat burgers.. Even if there were only 'vegetarian' burgers, the issue of dairy remains to be resolved. Can anyone else who was there provide further clarification?

I have no problem with Morrissey playing at semi-demi-quasi veggie festivals that serve dairy and meat alongside alternatives but if he does so he has zero right to sing 'Meat Is Murder' whilst his audience are chowing down on 'vegetarian' burgers containing cheese, just as he had no right to sing that song whilst his gut was churning from his pre-gig back-stage rider treat of 'cheese' for all those years. A vegetarian festival is no different to one that serves roasted meat.

The only logical, coherent position is to either only play explicitly vegan festivals or not make food such a issue with his absurd Virtue Signalling: "look at me! I care about animals! you lot don't!" He has wasted over 3 decades on this nonsense, surely he's not going to try and spin that delusional rubbish yet again?

I assume the menu at Manchester will be absolutely 100% Vegan? My spies will, of course, be checking both front of house and back-stage.

I await further updates on GothenburgGate from BtBB and other passionate contributors to this excellent online electronic cafe/creche. I also expect a lot of angry responses for, once again, daring to challenge the authenticity and integrity of your Cult Leader.

with every good wish
BrummieBoy

View attachment 40436

But MORE importantly when is 'VegAnarchy in the UK' out?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom