Gorillaz owned it at the 'bury 2010

T

therightone

that is all...

Last edited by a moderator:
No. They didn't.

And U2 would have pissed all over them.
Bloody lumbago.

Gorillaz were alright. But they take ages to really get going. And Bobby Womack missed his entry a couple of times on Stylo.

I really don't understand why Albarn has O Green World & Last Living Souls at the top end of the set. They're really awful songs. The worst Gorillaz have made.

your opinion...you're entitled...

"pissed all over them"...how old are you joe?

Old enough to never say the words "the 'bury 2010".
But not yet old enough for Glastonbury it would seem. Apparently Andrew Marr thought Gorillaz were bitchin' :rolleyes:

Old enough to never say the words "the 'bury 2010".
But not yet old enough for Glastonbury it would seem. Apparently Andrew Marr thought Gorillaz were bitchin' :rolleyes:

You take offense? I also say the Stones and not the Rolling Stones...

how very American of me...

I didn't know that they played Bury? :D:D

Top marks to Shaun Ryder for giving Frank Sidebottom the mention he deserved :thumb:

I didn't know that they played Bury? :D:D

Top marks to Shaun Ryder for giving Frank Sidebottom the mention he deserved :thumb:

I concur.

And top marks to Mark E Smith turning up with his leather gloves and not giving a f--- and twiddling with the amps, much to Damon's chagrin by the looks of things.

I heard they weren't the best idea to headline Glastonbury on the Friday acording to the crowd's response but Glastonbury used to be about challenging perceptions not a Londoncentric excuse to take a load of drugs, watch N-Dubz and basically be a load of corporate shit a la U2.

La la la

shouldn't you call it Glazza or Glasto something like that. I don't know how this works but "the 'bury" doesn't come across as British.

Gorillaz owned it at the small town of Glastonbury in the local government district of Mendip in the fair county of Somerset in the South West region of England, Great Britain, in 2010, the 58th year of the glorious reign of Queen Elizabeth II.
Except they didn't. They were rotten.
How's that? ;)

I was there and watched Gorillaz as I'd heard that Mark E Smith and Lou Reed were going to appear. Gorillaz were boring as hell, so I watched up until Lou Reed left the stage and then pissed off to catch what was left of the Flaming Lips.

Right choice: Mark E Smith + Lou Reed + Flaming Lips = cracking end of the night! :)

Pet Shop Boys and Scissor Sisters were all I ended up interested in.

Gorrilaz are beyond boring.
The music is much more interesting when it is not aided by the performance. Pet Shop Boys are always ace and the Scissor Sisters fashion sense intrigue me deeply.

Damon has almost disappeared up his own backside.
Wheeling out Lou Reed - who was clearly in some form of withdrawal or displaying extrapyramidal symptoms was almost sad.
Playing mostly only Plastic... stuff was self-absorbed.
The general opinion in the press and overall was: it was muted to say the least.
I'm not a huge Muse fan and Saint Bono and the Edge do little for me, but overall, Muse did more for the crowd than the self-indugent Mr. Albarn did.
So no ownership there really, repeating a set format they have trundled out for all their live gigs recently was not a highlight or that exciting realy?
Regards,
FWD

I guess it's just me and all the other NPR geeks...

Listeners Pick 2010's Best Music

NPR listeners cast thousands of votes for the year's best music to date and kept the race tight. In the end, Gorillaz edged out every other artist with the sprawling and inspired album Plastic Beach to take the No. 1 spot.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=128167998

Back
Top Bottom