Goodbye Morrissey

alsatianuncle

journalists who lie
I've not been very active on here in the last couple of years, but at one time loved the site and contributed a lot, even helping to push for the Tab section. My reasons are I've become bored and truly disappointed with Morrissey:

1. I do not connect with most of the material over the last 15 years, both musically and lyrically. I felt a change in 2008, when he released 'that's how people grow up'. I just couldn't take him seriously anymore. A man of his age writing and singing those lyrics! I also feel the poetry he once wrote just isn't that good anymore. The main reason for me though is that backing band....a change is needed to refresh it all. Every songs sounds similar to something on the last album etc.

2. I felt he has treated his fans badly over the last years, with cancelling live dates at the last minute and walking off like a diva at a couple of shows.

However, his latest antics of banning this site's owner from live shows and critising it at every opportunity is ridiculous. It puts the mans intelligence beyond doubt for me, coupled with the ignorant statements on world affairs he's come out with for attention over the last year.

So thanks for some great times on here,

this is the last post I'll ever write,

goodbye and thank you!

alsatianuncle.

I feel your pain. I think a lot of people are thinking the same thing at the moment. After the recent antics of banning Davidt my waning enthusiasm for Morrissey has turned into not really feeling bothered anymore. After the brilliant Quarry comeback the quality of Morrissey's recorded output and concert experience was nagging me a little. It wasn't as good as the old days and I was in denial really. I think I have awoken to the fact that Morrissey as the credible artist is finished. Anything recorded after Quarry has been really poor and I think he totally misses Alain Whyte's input and creativity. Oh well.

I totally disagree Ringleaders and Refusal stand up as sublime pieces of work his voice has improved, It's not the end Just for some.

Yeah because David Tseng has written some brilliant albums. He really helped me through my teenage years. f*** Morrissey!

I chose this username some years ago to explain why an obsession had become apathy. Hence I haven't posted in some time. I felt Dagenham Dave was the final straw.

However, I've met thousands of Morrissey fans and I've learned he can always count on the victims, the unobjective and the gulliable. They'll fund his retirement no matter what he says, what he does or what further attrocites he and his bricklayers commit to record.

The sad thing is that people will defend him (which is fine) but blindly so (which is not fine) in my opinion.

I chose this username some years ago to explain why an obsession had become apathy. Hence I haven't posted in some time. I felt Dagenham Dave was the final straw.

However, I've met thousands of Morrissey fans and I've learned he can always count on the victims, the unobjective and the gulliable. They'll fund his retirement no matter what he says, what he does or what further attrocites he and his bricklayers commit to record.

The sad thing is that people will defend him (which is fine) but blindly so (which is not fine) in my opinion.

How ignorant to say people 'follow him blindly'. He's like family to us. You stick by him. I don't care if he throws a tantrum or says something stupid or does a duff album because he has given me more than any other singer.

You thought Dagenham Dave was the final straw? Have you heard On The Streets I Ran?

Apparently, it's surprisingly hard to just stop posting on a messageboard/stop listening to someone's music/whatever it is people want to do. Fair enough if people feel they have to get something off their chest, but 9 times out of 10, these types of statements reek of someone trying to convince themselves that what they're (allegedly) leaving behind is worthless, rather than communicating anything worthwhile to anyone else.

I keep hearing from people who are no longer fans YET still they pop up on here and comment (if DD was the breaking point then why do you KEEP popping back on here-the song is around 15 years old?)....The bright ones know Morrissey is "all to Human", but thats his appeal.
Its also amusing that the some of the very people who have been mocking Morrissey for the last few months are also wetting themselves over his new song- yet they see no error in logic
I have got to say Mr Enough for Me, if you don't like morrissey go away, stop trying to compare yourself to him (you are sod all like him) and take your picture down (You look like a limp tory MP- are you related to David C?).
Its also pathetic you try to convince us and yourself that you see more than most fans, yet you are one of the biggest victims I have read on here.

It is truly sad , you imply Morrissey is crap la la la and has been since 1994 (or when ever it was) but STILL you come on here. Haven't found anything else in your life?

Last edited:
I keep hearing from people who are no longer fans YET still they pop up on here and comment (if DD was the breaking point then why do you KEEP popping back on here-the song is around 15 years old?)....The bright ones know Morrissey is "all to Human", but thats his appeal.
Its also amusing that the some of the very people who have been mocking Morrissey for the last few months are also wetting themselves over his new song- yet they see no error in logic
I have got to say Mr Enough for Me, if you don't like morrissey go away, stop trying to compare yourself to him (you are sod all like him), take your picture down (You look like a limp tory MP- are you related to David C?).

That told him. :)

Dagenham Dave is probably the greatest song what he ever wrote.

I've not been very active on here in the last couple of years, but at one time loved the site and contributed a lot, even helping to push for the Tab section. My reasons are I've become bored and truly disappointed with Morrissey:

1. I do not connect with most of the material over the last 15 years, both musically and lyrically. I felt a change in 2008, when he released 'that's how people grow up'. I just couldn't take him seriously anymore. A man of his age writing and singing those lyrics! I also feel the poetry he once wrote just isn't that good anymore. The main reason for me though is that backing band....a change is needed to refresh it all. Every songs sounds similar to something on the last album etc.

2. I felt he has treated his fans badly over the last years, with cancelling live dates at the last minute and walking off like a diva at a couple of shows.

However, his latest antics of banning this site's owner from live shows and critising it at every opportunity is ridiculous. It puts the mans intelligence beyond doubt for me, coupled with the ignorant statements on world affairs he's come out with for attention over the last year.

So thanks for some great times on here,

this is the last post I'll ever write,

goodbye and thank you!

alsatianuncle.

Close the door on the way out sweetie

Because it's amusing to read.

I have got to say Mr Enough for Me, if you don't like morrissey go away, stop trying to compare yourself to him (you are sod all like him) and take your picture down (You look like a limp tory MP- are you related to David C?).
Its also pathetic you try to convince us and yourself that you see more than most fans, yet you are one of the biggest victims I have read on here.

Interesting points for discussion. What makes you think that the picture is me? What makes you think there's a comparison? Why would I take a picture down of me or of anyone else on your say-so? What is your evidence for your final sentence about seeing more than most fans and being one of the biggest victims? Why have you made the post a personal attack? Do you see any irony in my initial post and the flavour of your reply. Is it a little bit too much of me to expect you to make a link?

It is truly sad , you imply Morrissey is crap la la la and has been since 1994 (or when ever it was) but STILL you come on here. Haven't found anything else in your life?

There are some truly sad things about following Morrissey for sure. I've spent under an hour on here in however many years yet I haven't found anything else in my life. Touch a nerve did I sweetheart?

That told him. :)

Yes, you're right. No way back from that showstopping response for sure. I have tasted my own medicine and it is bitter.

Told you this place is amusing.

Close the door on the way out sweetie

Exactly.... You know, I hardly ever post here anymore, but the recent tour along with the events over the last week have indeed made me visit more frequently without a doubt. But if every Tom, Dick, and Harry (or Harry, Mark, and John) has to start a whole new thread to make their public "Dear John" letter to Morrissey, it will bring a new meaning to the word f***ingyawnfest. This place has always been kind of a trainwreck as far as quality of posts/members go (just look back thorugh any archived posts since the beginning), but honestly, nobody here will really give a shit whether you leave or not (not saying that to be 'mean' about you personally but just because it's a f***ing message board...). I have been a regular user/poster to this site for the last 12 years, and if I had beer for every grand public exit someone has made, I would be Charles Bukowski. So basically, why bother?

There are some truly sad things about following Morrissey for sure. I've spent under an hour on here in however many years yet I haven't found anything else in my life. Touch a nerve did I sweetheart?

Yes, you're right. No way back from that showstopping response for sure. I have tasted my own medicine and it is bitter.

Told you this place is amusing.

If you don't like Morrissey why are you even here? To make grandiose statements? If it really is 'enough for you' bugger off.

If you don't like Morrissey why are you even here? To make grandiose statements? If it really is 'enough for you' bugger off.

I love how people ''don't care'' THAT much about Moz that they come here everyday to moan and make threads about how much they don't care about him

If it's over for you and Moz, why are you still here?

I'm not having a go, I'm just slightly confused....to quote myself...

I love how people ''don't care'' THAT much about Moz that they come here everyday to moan and make threads about how much they don't care about him

Why is this?

Re: If it's over for you and Moz, why are you still here?

I'm not having a go, I'm just slightly confused....to quote myself...

Why is this?

Because they like to shout into a void. They are aching for attention...loveless lives prefer being vilified to the(m,m,m,motor cycle) emptiness of the day to day..or it could just be there is nowt on the TV

Re: If it's over for you and Moz, why are you still here?

Because they like to shout into a void. They are aching for attention...loveless lives prefer being vilified to the(m,m,m,motor cycle) emptiness of the day to day..or it could just be there is nowt on the TV

youve got a way with words.But I dont think you know it

Back
Top Bottom