Good record shops in Manchester

ACTON

Don't Leave Us In The Dark
Hi. Does anyone know of some good record shops in Manchester city? My good friend is going there. He's into same kind of music as me: Moz, The Smiths, Suede, The Cure, The Jam, etc. Just looking for top tips from vinyl buyers. If the shops also sell Moz/Smiths t-shirts then even better!
Thanks!

Your friend needs to head towards the northern quarter, Piccadilly records, vinyl exchange and vinyl revival, all close to each other. Countdown records closer to Piccadilly train station, Fopp on Brown st is a major record shop, but northern quarter is best bet.

Hi. Does anyone know of some good record shops in Manchester city? My good friend is going there. He's into same kind of music as me: Moz, The Smiths, Suede, The Cure, The Jam, etc. Just looking for top tips from vinyl buyers. If the shops also sell Moz/Smiths t-shirts then even better!
Thanks!
Only in town not the city that's just a joke football club. Nothern quarters with the hippes call me when you find Irregular Regular.

Vinyl Revival if you want t-shirts.
If you fancy a trip out of the city centre, get a tram to Stretford and go to Reel Around The Fountain records in Stretford Mall - go see Moz's old house and the Iron Bridge while you are there
Dave

Hi,
I will be in Manchester the weekend of July 14th with some friends. Thanks for the tips above from earlier this year about record stores.

Any advice about the best way to see Smiths famous places? Our preference is to be able to walk along and see stuff, but a bus tour might be good too if its good value for money. Our main areas of interest are: Salfords Lads Club, Moz's old house, the Iron Bridge. I'd love to see some New Order places too.

Any advice on nice pubs that serve nice ale/craft beers? We're staying in city center.

Thanks!
ACTON IN PERSON

Hi,
I will be in Manchester the weekend of July 14th with some friends. Thanks for the tips above from earlier this year about record stores.

Any advice about the best way to see Smiths famous places? Our preference is to be able to walk along and see stuff, but a bus tour might be good too if its good value for money. Our main areas of interest are: Salfords Lads Club, Moz's old house, the Iron Bridge. I'd love to see some New Order places too.

Any advice on nice pubs that serve nice ale/craft beers? We're staying in city center.

Thanks!
ACTON IN PERSON

Easiest way is this Acton and it looks like there is a Smiths tour on the 14th. - http://www.manchestermusictours.com/

And a good idea for bars is this -https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/whats-on/food-drink-news/manchester-pub-crawl-craft-beer-10823912

Easiest way is this Acton and it looks like there is a Smiths tour on the 14th. - http://www.manchestermusictours.com/

And a good idea for bars is this -https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/whats-on/food-drink-news/manchester-pub-crawl-craft-beer-10823912
Excellent thanks! I know there was also an open topped vintage double-decker bus that goes to SMITHS areas only, might take a look at that too just to see, but your link looks good cos it includes New Order.

Excellent thanks! I know there was also an open topped vintage double-decker bus that goes to SMITHS areas only, might take a look at that too just to see, but your link looks good cos it includes New Order.

Don't know how you are getting there but if you are near Macclesfield, you should visit the cemetery to see Ian Curtis's memorial stone. Then pop down to Waitrose in Alderley Edge about 5pm which is normally the time Bernard pops in to buy chicken for his barbecue, then into the park where you might see Hookey walking his dogs!

70299620__n07OGT7AddCCO0Z5-ZLt0HgiczDyakfyG4PCqvGouI.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks to all for your help. I picked up a mint original The Smiths debut album on vinyl in Vinyl Revival. Today I had a fun packed extensive tour inside Salford Lads Club with the excellent volunteers Kevin, Les, Blaine, and Archie. Top lads.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom