good camera....for the gigs

• Thread starter idontoweyouanything
  • Start date
I

idontoweyouanything

we all know were going to take snaps and record our favourites. but when it boils down to it....what is a good camera....nothing to expensive....help me out here

Hi there,,,,I dunno much about cameras, but a friend of mine has talen some amazing gig photo's with a relatively cheap camera...i think its a "Canon" Lumix . (....and she always uses the "Sports" setting thing that is Built-in to the Camera...)

I have been in search of the perfect gig camera forever. It's not easy to find. You need a camera with good low-light capabilities and the ability to capture motion which most point and shoot digitals don't do very well. And bringing a more advanced SLR or SLR-like is out-of-the question since it would be taken as "too professional". Or else you just have to be patient and wait until Morrissey is standing still. Those pictures come out the best. It's also important to test out the cameras first, since some have terribly annoying shutter lag. Right now, it looks like the Nikon S8100 is my choice. The reviews are spectacular and I've tried it out. It ticks all the boxes where other cameras have annoyed the crap out of me. I've also heard that the Panasonic Lumix series are excellent cameras, but the zoom feature on Panasonic cameras are sluggish. Just a personal quirk.

...Not at the moment, I'm sorry....I will try to find her pics ( another fan-site) that she posted @ 2 years ago....she mentioned the exact camera there.....back soon, hopefully with the info!!

I shoot with a Panasonic Lumix LX5.
It is awesome in low light and has never given me problems (with security) at a show.

Both the white and the black model are in my household:
2011-02-09103031-1.jpg

ive just been looking at the lumix tz7...what you think?

Those are beauties! Do they capture motion well, Abrahan?
And how is the shutter speed/response time? I like to be able to fire in rapid succession and a slow shutter drives me nuts!
The only thing that ever stopped me from buying a Panasonic was the sluggish & choppy zoom on the few that I've tested.

I shoot with a Panasonic Lumix LX5.
It is awesome in low light and has never given me problems (with security) at a show.

Both the white and the black model are in my household:
2011-02-09103031-1.jpg

I wish they would let you take an dSLR inside...
but i have snuck in my leica D-lux a couple times and taken some good pix. really any camera with a low f-stop is great for those dark venues.

Hello again,
Got a message of the friend who takes pics at Concerts......she uses a ( pretty old, I think) Panasonic lumix TZ5, with the setting "Sports", and flash off.....she has taken some amazing pics....hope that's of some help!!!

Back
Top Bottom