Godlovesugly...

It's not just about what's legal; it's about what's right. Re-posting, or editing, pics and/or other info that someone posted publicly is just bad form, and while it may not violate #13 of section 6, it could certainly violate #12 (harrassment). Someone posted all of my public Amazon.com & LinkedIn profile info over on the SoLow alternative for trolls, and it was clearly intended as harrassment, regardless of whether I posted that info publicly in the first place. (Of course, the genius who posted it didn't even read it carefully enough to spell my name correctly, but I guess that's par for the course.)

What is 'right' is also open to interpretation. Personally, I think that if someone posts a free use image, it's 'right' to do whatever one feels fit to do with it. Others may disagree, but that is the point I was trying to make about the TOS, they seem very, very unclear.

And again, if someone re posts an image to ask a question or to say 'wow this member is hot', it will also be treated as a violation, and has been, as we have both seen. So the mod's both selectively enforce the rule and do so under the "TOS", which seems to be total bs. It's a double whammy of nonsense or so it seems.

What is 'right' is also open to interpretation. Personally, I think that if someone posts a free use image, it's 'right' to do whatever one feels fit to do with it. Others may disagree, but that is the point I was trying to make about the TOS, they seem very, very unclear.

And again, if someone re posts an image to ask a question or to say 'wow this member is hot', it will also be treated as a violation, and has been, as we have both seen. So the mod's both selectively enforce the rule and do so under the "TOS", which seems to be total bs. It's a double whammy of nonsense or so it seems.

Actually, has that happened? Haven't people reposted pics of oye terence left and right in that context, and not only they not been banned, but praised?

Let's just say that reason is in short supply in some of the moderators.

Actually, has that happened? Haven't people reposted pics of oye terence left and right in that context, and not only they not been banned, but praised?

Let's just say that reason is in short supply in some of the moderators.

I have seen people re post photos of other members many, many times in a 'positive' way in OT and it was allowed, yes. It seems the mods only selectively enforce this already unclear 'rule' when it suits them, and they feel a 'wrong' has been committed.

So it seems that it's only a totally emotional thing. "oh, I think this member is being wronged, so let's quote some completely vague TOS to save them!", but when someone posts a photo of a member or meet up (with other members in it), it's allowed because no 'moral wrong' has been committed in the mods eyes.

As I said, it seems total bullshit and completely vague and nonsensical.

When you post things on the internet, you must accept that you will lose control over them. Words, images, whatever. Right or wrong, copyright be damned, if you don't want to have them reposted, plagiarized, right clicked, defaced, altered, wanked over, or used as target practice, then DON'T POST THEM ON THE INTERNET.

Got it?

the tos is violated all the time, the question is simply how it applies to each of us individually
some people get away with nothing
some people get away with a little(people like me maybe)
some people get away with a lot(people like theo, arsie & nrith)
these are just my opinions of course and i may be a bit biased
but on the whole i think it works out as long as i dont get threatening pms from a certain mod anymore :p

oh, i didnt know that :eek: thx 4 finally speaking up :) i wonder who else gets them :confused:

I don't just get them privately, either.

Remember you cannot troll outside of the pigsty.

I really don't care what you say.

Your opinion doesn't matter, however action in the forums does.

If you keep posting this kind of bullshit you will be very sorry.

Nutty bitch.
:rolleyes:

When you post things on the internet, you must accept that you will lose control over them. Words, images, whatever. Right or wrong, copyright be damned, if you don't want to have them reposted, plagiarized, right clicked, defaced, altered, wanked over, or used as target practice, then DON'T POST THEM ON THE INTERNET.

Got it?

I couldn't agree more.

Unless your image or words have a clear copyright, that is legally binding, then they are free to be used in a variety of potentially embarrassing situations online.

I had thought anyone who has been online more than a day knew this.

I couldn't agree more.

Unless your image or words have a clear copyright, that is legally binding, then they are free to be used in a variety of potentially embarrassing situations online.

I had thought anyone who has been online more than a day knew this.

Everything does have a clear, legally binding copyright, from the moment of creation. That doesn't matter at all, not on the internet. Somebody here posted the lyrics from an Andrew Lloyd Webber song as his/her own poetry. Not only was I the only one who seemed to notice, that person was praised for the lovely poem.

That's not right.Copyright STILL applies.However,putting it into force and nailing the culprit in practice might be tricky BUT it can be done.

Got it?
I agree! The post of the day.

Revive this thread.

THE REASON I GOT BANNED WAS 'harrassment'. I mean what the f***?

Tags
***boring a load of bullocks attn whrs suck free the godlovesugly one kewpie should be banned this is getting stupid wtf?
Back
Top Bottom