Glastonbury Smiths appearance denied by Morrissey - TTY

Glastonbury - true-to-you.net

7 October 2012

Glastonbury.

Morrissey has not been approached for a Smiths appearance at Glastonbury in 2013, as announced by UK television news reports, and he has no idea how or why such rumors continue.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm... this time there's something about it, eh Skinny? :D

Very interesting. He doesn't actually say they are not doing it only that he hasn't been approached.....maybe I'm reading something into nothing but before he has categorically denied it. Johnny saying he's concentrating on his album....fair enough but that's January. Andy and mike staying quiet.

It's been to long. Come on boys make it happen , you're a long time dead.....and we've all grown up.

Whether they start them or not, I don't think Morrissey or Marr are at all bothered by these rumours. It's free publicity for Morrissey's tour and Johnny's forthcoming album. They both recognise the value of The Smiths' legacy I'm sure; regardless of how bored they are with it, it's a necessary nuisance. And I think they both realise that to get back together would be to kill the goose that keeps on laying the golden eggs. So they get the best of both worlds - continuing to profit from being The Smiths, without actually being The Smiths. Rourke and Joyce can't be doing too badly either.

Take it from me they are gonna headline all three nights at Ramsbottom festival

...or any other festival, or the possibility that The Smiths did the approaching.

Notice it doesn't say he wouldn't do it...just that he hasn't been "approached". This almost shouts, "APPROACH ME, GLASTO!!!!" No?

How many different ways does he have to say he won't do it before you guys stop looking for semantic loopholes

I've actually bought my 2013 Glastonbury ticket. The man in Sainsbury's said his cousin's postman reckoned Moz will reform with Mark Nevin and Kevin Armstrong and play "Kill Uncle" in its entirety. Looking forward to it already.

Nah. It's a non-denial denial, and Morrissey knows it. Either the rumours are correct or he just wants to feed speculation. Take your pick.

Hurrah! anyone still wanting one can shag right off. What we really need is another string of UK dates and a solo album release.

I cannot understand all the negativity with reformation of the Smiths. Whats the harm in having an opportunity to see one of the best bands of all time play some of the greatest songs ever written. Are all you fans that want the Smiths to stay just a very fond memory telling me that if they were to reform that you wouldn't move heaven a day earth to go see them live? I think not!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom