Glastonbury Smiths appearance denied by Morrissey - TTY

hasn't been approached? sounds to me like moz is open to it but just waiting for the right offer to come along. i could totally see moz and marr taking the main stage with a meat-free glastonbury.

Aside from not wanting to destroy the legacy and from hating Joyce and Rourke, I think Moz accepts that if he did it would be a fairly significant snub to Boz, Jesse and the rest of the band if he were to get back together with either the whole of The Smiths or just Johnny.

Aside from not wanting to destroy the legacy and from hating Joyce and Rourke, I think Moz accepts that if he did it would be a fairly significant snub to Boz, Jesse and the rest of the band if he were to get back together with either the whole of The Smiths or just Johnny.

I can not put my finger on what this 'band' has over him. Moz was very quick to walk away from the Smiths..

dont get it , just dont get it.

I cannot understand all the negativity with reformation of the Smiths. Whats the harm in having an opportunity to see one of the best bands of all time play some of the greatest songs ever written. Are all you fans that want the Smiths to stay just a very fond memory telling me that if they were to reform that you wouldn't move heaven a day earth to go see them live? I think not!

100% correct. the biggest cheers at a moz concert are for smiths songs albeit they are butchered by this band of his...

Tobias , if youre reading , why not show us how you play the intro to what difference does it make?

100% correct. the biggest cheers at a moz concert are for smiths songs albeit they are butchered by this band of his...

Tobias , if youre reading , why not show us how you play the intro to what difference does it make?

Ha! Well, Morrissey wouldn't allow him to play it 'cause he's ashamed of the lyrics but despite it being one of Johnny's easiest tunes to play I'm sure Jesse and co could turn it hamfisted clangy racket. I'm not one of those that thinks The Smiths should reform, mostly because it's impossible but by God couldn't a man with Morrissey's history and reputation find some people with a bit of creativity and talent?

Ha! Well, Morrissey wouldn't allow him to play it 'cause he's ashamed of the lyrics but despite it being one of Johnny's easiest tunes to play I'm sure Jesse and co could turn it hamfisted clangy racket. I'm not one of those that thinks The Smiths should reform, mostly because it's impossible but by God couldn't a man with Morrissey's history and reputation find some people with a bit of creativity and talent?

well some hapless dick would still find something to whine about, perhaps you could forward a list of your preferred collaborators? or put yourself forward for the audition panel??

Er maybe Moz doesn't want to reform because he's a solo artist now? Maybe he doesn't want to pander to people? Plus he says a lot of the songs he wrote when he was younger were dark times for him, maybe he feels uncomfortable singing songs at 53 now that he wrote when he was 23 because in some ways his outlook has changed

well some hapless dick would still find something to whine about, perhaps you could forward a list of your preferred collaborators? or put yourself forward for the audition panel??

What? People whining on this site? NEVER!

Seriously - I get sick of the endless bashing of the current band, THEY ARE NOT THE SMITHS - IT IS A DIFFERENT BAND!
They are a more muscular sounding rock band, this is what Morrissey wants his band to sound like at the moment, deal with it.

Who's looking forward to the Johnny Marr solo album?

*raises hand*

Sorry, I'm not sure that I'm able to make my guitar sound so clangy and I have thing of speaking my mind which would never do.

Seriously though, do you not find the sound of his live band attrocious? I'm not talking about the writing as that's all down to personal preference but the sound has an abysmal lack of clarity and the guitars could do with the odd effects pedal to make them sound nicer. Something isn't right, that's all i'm saying. Sorry if I'm not sycophantic enough for you.

What? People whining on this site? NEVER!

Seriously - I get sick of the endless bashing of the current band, THEY ARE NOT THE SMITHS - IT IS A DIFFERENT BAND!
They are a more muscular sounding rock band, this is what Morrissey wants his band to sound like at the moment, deal with it.

The trouble is Morrissey is not masculine at all....It's a false image he's trying to portray! It's as fake as Madonna!

The trouble is Morrissey is not masculine at all....It's a false image he's trying to portray! It's as fake as Madonna!

Firstly, I think you have confused "muscular" (the word used by the poster to whom you are replying) and "masculine".

Secondly, take your ignorant, idiot 'insights' somewhere else. If that post represents the sum total of your understanding of Morrissey and you call yourself a fan, you need urgent psychiatric intervention. Have thirty years of record sleeves, concert backdrops, films clips, and all the other quotes and references taught you nothing? Is "it's as fake as Madonna" really the very best you can manage?

Please DavidT, make DAVIE a mod immediately = he knows nothing and he hates Morrissey: surely the requisite characteristics?

Seriously though, do you not find the sound of his live band attrocious? I'm not talking about the writing as that's all down to personal preference but the sound has an abysmal lack of clarity and the guitars could do with the odd effects pedal to make them sound nicer. Something isn't right, that's all i'm saying. Sorry if I'm not sycophantic enough for you.

No. It's loud and it's brash and it's lovely. Each to their own.

Who's looking forward to the Johnny Marr solo album?

*raises hand*

To right mate if 'the trap' is anything to go by. If Andy and mike are playing on it , it will be the icing on the cake.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom