Glasgow - The SSE Hydro (Feb. 17, 2018) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

You'll Be Gone / I Wish You Lonely / I Started Something I Couldn't Finish / Suedehead / Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage / How Soon Is Now? / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / When You Open Your Legs / Who Will Protect Us From The Police? / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / My Love, I'd Do Anything For You / Home Is A Question Mark / I Bury The Living / Back On The Chain Gang / Spent The Day In Bed / The Bullfighter Dies / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / Jack The Ripper / Hold On To Your Friends / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Speedway // Irish Blood, English Heart

Setlist provided by an anonymous person.

Last edited:
On the walk back to the train station next to the Hydro there was a busker playing “Panic”. I got more excitement from that than hearing any of the LIHS songs tonight. This band have plummeted ever since Alain and Gary left.

Anyone have a good shot of moz holding the mic stand like a machine gun?

Love reading people’s stories on these pre gig forum discussions, this time next week I will be eagerly waiting in Leeds to finally see Morrissey, a moment I have waited so so long for, cannot wait!!
We all hate Leeds scum was sung for the entire second half when Man United knocked Huddersfield out of the FA Cup tonight.

Was going to wait until tomorrow to post this but I'm far more sober than I expected so here's my two pence on the gig tonight...

In short, fantastic, a million miles better than the hydro gig in 2015 (sound, production, Moz, crowd) and very exciting to see Moz in such sparkling form.

He genuinely looks brilliant, sounds the best I've heard him in years and some of those moves he was popping out! Elvis-esque.

Setlist was very good, it moved, bobbed and weaved brilliantly. A nice tease of crescendo and then a refocus of energy. The new album sounded brilliant live, helped without doubt by a much more creative and interesting production value. The prefect badges trimmed around the stage, backdrops, lighting and haze all contributed. Boz prowling forward with absolute menace during the guitar screeches of Jack the Ripper, silhouetted by haze and backlit by red light a thing of beauty. I think the best pics from the gig will be the ones of moz in similar ilk, hope someone got the moment of him lashing his arms of crucifix style during the final 'crash intooooo my arms..'

I've been to gigs all over, and have seen Moz a fair few times and Glasgow is still an uneasy crowd. Some proper chancers trying to push through; one in particular a middle aged man with what looked to be his older mother, told everyone she was ill and needed the barrier before stopping dead centre two bodies back - good collective grassing by those around to get him chucked out. Another fella who was easily 6 times the size of the rest of us lurching forward as the encore loomed.

Thought the crowd were good down the front, stage left in particular seemed more rowdy and raucous, Moz seemed to respond to this a few times.

Lots of looks, nods, winks and interaction with the crowd from Moz. At least 5 or 6 times he made a real effort to stretch for handshakes. Didn't take anything from the crowd as far as I know. Seemed to fluff the final note of 'home is a question mark' he laughed, audience took over, and he acknowledged "well done for that final note, it sounded beautiful" or words to that effect.

Seemed to be a prolonged delay between finish and encore - but encore was fantastic and most important of all, managed to split a shirt sleave with two other lads rather amicably. A good wrist cuff and sleeve portion to go with the red shirt from Mancfester!

Another amazing night, as always, ever so grateful that Moz keeps on giving after all these years.

Viva Morrissey! X

Was going to wait until tomorrow to post this but I'm far more sober than I expected so here's my two pence on the gig tonight...

In short, fantastic, a million miles better than the hydro gig in 2015 (sound, production, Moz, crowd) and very exciting to see Moz in such sparkling form.

He genuinely looks brilliant, sounds the best I've heard him in years and some of those moves he was popping out! Elvis-esque.

Setlist was very good, it moved, bobbed and weaved brilliantly. A nice tease of crescendo and then a refocus of energy. The new album sounded brilliant live, helped without doubt by a much more creative and interesting production value. The prefect badges trimmed around the stage, backdrops, lighting and haze all contributed. Boz prowling forward with absolute menace during the guitar screeches of Jack the Ripper, silhouetted by haze and backlit by red light a thing of beauty. I think the best pics from the gig will be the ones of moz in similar ilk, hope someone got the moment of him lashing his arms of crucifix style during the final 'crash intooooo my arms..'

I've been to gigs all over, and have seen Moz a fair few times and Glasgow is still an uneasy crowd. Some proper chancers trying to push through; one in particular a middle aged man with what looked to be his older mother, told everyone she was ill and needed the barrier before stopping dead centre two bodies back - good collective grassing by those around to get him chucked out. Another fella who was easily 6 times the size of the rest of us lurching forward as the encore loomed.

Thought the crowd were good down the front, stage left in particular seemed more rowdy and raucous, Moz seemed to respond to this a few times.

Lots of looks, nods, winks and interaction with the crowd from Moz. At least 5 or 6 times he made a real effort to stretch for handshakes. Didn't take anything from the crowd as far as I know. Seemed to fluff the final note of 'home is a question mark' he laughed, audience took over, and he acknowledged "well done for that final note, it sounded beautiful" or words to that effect.

Seemed to be a prolonged delay between finish and encore - but encore was fantastic and most important of all, managed to split a shirt sleave with two other lads rather amicably. A good wrist cuff and sleeve portion to go with the red shirt from Mancfester!

Another amazing night, as always, ever so grateful that Moz keeps on giving after all these years.

Viva Morrissey! X
Great review, glad you enjoyed it

Viva Morrissey! X
Is that the red shirt from MinkFester as seen at the end of the 2004 'Who put the M in MinkFestation' dvd?

Imagine the hard work Hugh and other left wingers put in only for their idol to tell them he does not in any way agree with them. Brexit was more than just politics and has created a divide the brits will never get over. All those years fawning for someone that in the end announces his hate for you must be hard on so many people that really deserved the outcome.

The demise of the loony lefties snowflakes was officially announced in Scotland by the actions of conservative singer Morrissey.
Happy days!

On the walk back to the train station next to the Hydro there was a busker playing “Panic”. I got more excitement from that than hearing any of the LIHS songs tonight. This band have plummeted ever since Alain and Gary left.
Stating the obvious and of course Moz only performs his songs on a karaoke machine and playback cause his cancer throat is f***ed.

Hark now hear the Mozzer sing the fans they run away and we will fight for evermore until Brexit day hooray.

To try and sneak into future gigs Hugh Clark has changed his name to Huge Chip.

Fantastic show.
This was the 15th time I had seen Morrissey since 1985 and I have to say the sound was immense, even for an aircraft hangar like the Hydro.
'How Soon Is Now' was the clear highlight, with 'Jack The Ripper' and 'Speedway' following close behind.
A lot of LIHS sounded amazing live, especially 'I Bury The Living' which could have been a disaster. 'When You Open Your Legs' went down really well, a lot of the people around me were going nuts for it.
As others have pointed out, violence did break out front left but it ended quickly and painlessly .
I did feel a little let down that we only got a one song encore, but this really was a sublime show by an artist still at the top of his game. Some of his peers and contemporaries may be reduced to the nostalgia circuit, but Morrissey is still a long way off from that pension plan yet.

Those still waiting to see him, but worrying that the set- list might make for a dull evening....fear not. To some it might look shite on paper, but in the flesh it's outstanding .
Enjoy yourselves .

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom