Glasgow - SSE Hydro (Mar. 21, 2015) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

The Queen Is Dead / Suedehead / Staircase At The University / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Kiss Me A Lot / Istanbul / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Neal Cassady Drops Dead / One Of Our Own / Yes, I Am Blind / Trouble Loves Me / Scandinavia / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Everyday Is Like Sunday / What She Said / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / I'm Not A Man / The Bullfighter Dies / Meat is Murder // Speedway

setlist provided by setlist.fm.

Last edited:
"Stunning. Lost for words. God bless you Morrissey. A voice and presence that is impeccable.
Mark Hannah ‏@markthannah "

- What a post (or tweet) Enjoy :)

Hazard
England.

moz normally leaves the stage with the band, and five mintues later returns for the encore. if the band stays on their instruments while moz gets a shirt, that does not constitute an encore, so you are correct in your review.

maybe im blind but on the video, the entire upper tier is empty with the second tier maybe being half full.
yes its a decent sized audience, if not the flu would have attacked the lads, but a dont see calling it 2/3 full very far off.

It's really no big deal but the band did leave the stage and come back! As in an encore.

It's really no big deal but the band did leave the stage and come back! As in an encore.

They definitely left. Then they all came back on stage and took their traditional bows. Perhaps it just looked like Matt didn't leave because he was the last one on stage after MIM.

matt walker stayed on his drums at the end of mim and did not leave the stage, fact: but you're right it's no big deal either way

I have to admit to not actully witnessing Matt leave, but the stage did appear to be empty. But I suppose if the drum kit was in darkness I might not have seen him. But why would the other four band members leave and not him?

Speedway was the encore as they had walked off and then Morrissey came back on for Speedway wearing a different shirt. Matt the drummer stayed and finished the drum solo at the end, he then proceeded to kick or throw over the snare drum and walked off the stage. Strange end to a wonderful gig. The segment of stop me, everyday, what she said was awesome for any true fan.

I agree with some of the posts regarding the lack of atmosphere and how poor the SSE Hydro was.
I was quite near the front and the mix to me seemed wrong.
Bass guitar and drums drowning out almost everything else.
The sound seemed better as I left the main hall at one point.
It's maybe about time the insane drumming of Walker and that stupid gong was resigned to the scrapheap.
The crowd had no real interest in Morrissey it was just an alternative to staying in and wathing Ant & Dec !!!
The amount of alcohol consumed during the concert was shocking and at one point a Glaswegian drunk bumped into my wife and soaked her. When I confronted him I was threatened with a knife !!!
Overall I thought Morrissey was in good form and his voice was great.
It's just a shame a good night was ruined and the SSE Hydro experience has left a very sour taste in my mouth.
Morrissey PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not go back to the Hydro.

Speedway was the encore as they had walked off and then Morrissey came back on for Speedway wearing a different shirt. Matt the drummer stayed and finished the drum solo at the end, he then proceeded to kick or throw over the snare drum and walked off the stage. Strange end to a wonderful gig. The segment of stop me, everyday, what she said was awesome for any true fan.

Define "true fan"

what did you say? 'inane, vacuous and idiotic'.... you ARE brummie, no doubt about it now. cg had insight.

what did you say? "old & fat" ... you ARE brummie, no doubt about it now. glad you widened your range of vocabulary. was about time.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom