Glasgow - SSE Hydro (Mar. 21, 2015) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

The Queen Is Dead / Suedehead / Staircase At The University / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Kiss Me A Lot / Istanbul / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Neal Cassady Drops Dead / One Of Our Own / Yes, I Am Blind / Trouble Loves Me / Scandinavia / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Everyday Is Like Sunday / What She Said / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / I'm Not A Man / The Bullfighter Dies / Meat is Murder // Speedway

setlist provided by setlist.fm.

Last edited:
He doesn't live in Switzerland. He does not have a home in Switzerland.

Stop playing Brit/Euro accountant Brits and Euros...."oh he doesn't have to pay taxes because he lives in Switzerland, Ireland, Portugal, Turkey...etc Does it ever end?

HE LIVES IN MALIBU WITH NANCY and don't ask me for the street name and say I am delusional because I don't post the name of the street. Would you if you knew?

That's why he and damon were in a suite at the sunset marquis the entire time he was in LA.

He visits his house in Switzerland 5 times a year because it's beautiful and peaceful

He pays taxes on all income he makes wherever he tours. You devote an awful lot of time finding negative things to say about someone who is richer, more talented, more adored and probably better looking than you.

Switzerland is beautiful, peace and....tax efficient. His touring companies pay local taxes, I'm talking about his personal income taxes. He boasts in 'Autobiography' of moving to Ireland and calling upon his Irish heritage to avail of low personal taxation rates.

You must spend a lot of time reading my comments to make the claim that they're all negative. Actually, they aren't. If you read my comments after the release of WPINOYB they couldn't be more positive about the album, until he sabotaged it by blaming Harvest for failure.

My life doesn't need excessive wealth, fame and 'adoration' to be meaningful. Even with those props Morrissey still claims life is a pigsty, so direct your comments to him. As for being 'probably better looking', can you explain why Morrissey allowed his latest tour to be promoted using a 9 year old photo of him? He worshipped youth and now has to use vintage photos. How ludicrous

best
BB

- - - Updated - - -

Ar least you're finally being open about your real intention for coming to this site, so I'd say that's progress, even if it does seem like awfully sad pastime for a grown man to admit to.

No, you've finally read what I've always said. I mock his extremes and praise his genuine acheivements. Please read my comment on the artistic success of WPINOYB. It may seem a 'sad pastime' to you, but surely not as much as you caring about it. Now, that's saddo.

best
BB

- - - Updated - - -

Do you think when the tours are done and dusted and he's at home in his posh Swiss chalet he sits on the rug scoffing some Milka in a silk robe and visits this site moaning to Damon?

I doubt his ego is robust enough to read these threads but it's obvious someone monitors it on his behalf and presents him with a sugar-coated synopsis. Or he just enjoys being a troll about royals, Scots independence, meat, and on and on and on. If he does, then that's a sad pastime for a grown man to admit to.

best
BB

- - - Updated - - -

Good God. I'm from Switzerland and there are minimum three different hotels he frequents when he's there. My best friend is working in one of them. And he isn't there every year even though he says so.

So you monitor every hotel booking and chalet rental throughout Switzerland in order to make this statement? And you have access to Swiss border control data to track his movements across their borders? Are you working for NSA/GCHQ? Or talking out of your arse?

best
BB

- - - Updated - - -

why start now.

Why indeed. I'm having a cup of tea, planning my day around the garden centre and waking my brain up with the challenge of responding to all the incredibly complex and insightful responses on this site. What could be more rewarding?

best
BB

Good for you Brummie, I had a great weekend as well, reading some fantastic reviews of gigs to date, which has put me in a great mood for Birmingham. Also fitted in the local half marathon yesterday which for the first time I ran with my wife. Very proud of her as its her first one. Need to get in shape for a full one now in June, so plenty of meat and cheese for me, for the next couple of months.

Enjoy your trip to Birmingham. It's quiet on a Friday night...until about midnight! Then it's non-stop till Sunday morning. There are some good places for pre-gig beers around the canals. I prefer The Tap and Stile and Canalside Cafe for a quiet pint away from corporates like Weatherspoons, Oz Bar and O'Neils, but they will probably have more atmosphere and be full of Morrissey fans getting in the mood.

best
BB

http://www.tapandspilebirmingham.co.uk/about

I've never enjoyed Switzerland. I prefer the Italian side of the alps. A place call Macugnaga beneath Monte Rosa. Switzerland if full of boring business tax exile types. Like Morrissey.

best
BB

http://www.macugnaga.it/en/

Sounds nice. I prefer Puglia myself but I believe both North and South rural Italy are far more authentic.

Sounds nice. I prefer Puglia myself but I believe both North and South rural Italy are far more authentic.

He hangs out in the French side. It's beautiful. Oddly enough I saw many men there with the Damon aesthetic- thin, shaved head, olive skin and attractive.

Enjoy your trip to Birmingham. It's quiet on a Friday night...until about midnight! Then it's non-stop till Sunday morning. There are some good places for pre-gig beers around the canals. I prefer The Tap and Stile and Canalside Cafe for a quiet pint away from corporates like Weatherspoons, Oz Bar and O'Neils, but they will probably have more atmosphere and be full of Morrissey fans getting in the mood.

best
BB

http://www.tapandspilebirmingham.co.uk/about

Is that on the left hand side of the canal as you walk away from the Mailbox. I think I recognise it?

for it to be an encore the band has to leave the stage, they didn't, if you thought mim is the most astounding performance you've ever seen you obviously weren't at Dunoon in 2011 to witness "I know it's over" as for heartbreaking have you ever heard " please please please" live?

Er, they did leave the stage. Then they all came back on. For the encore.

Er, they did leave the stage. Then they all came back on. For the encore.
I was watching matt walker on drums at the end of mim and he didn't leave the stage, I was in the middle of the standing area and didn't have a great view, I knew moz went off for a shirt change but I never seen boz & co leaving, after speedway I was hoping for fotgtd to finish the set

Re: Article: Cardiff - Motorpoint Arena (Mar. 18, 2015) post-show

Bloody hell what a boring witless and emotional void of a review plus you really shouldn't call it live when its dying on its arse.

one long meaningful text, for a change:

morrissey : glasgow : live review

MORRISSEY AT THE SSE HYDRO, GLASGOw

A PERFECT EVENING OF MUSIC AND POETRY–

live review

march 2015

live review and photos by Zulal Kalkandelen

moz normally leaves the stage with the band, and five mintues later returns for the encore. if the band stays on their instruments while moz gets a shirt, that does not constitute an encore, so you are correct in your review.

maybe im blind but on the video, the entire upper tier is empty with the second tier maybe being half full.
yes its a decent sized audience, if not the flu would have attacked the lads, but a dont see calling it 2/3 full very far off.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom