Glasgow - SEC Armadillo (Oct. 2, 2022) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

How Soon Is Now? / We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful / Our Frank / Knockabout World / First Of The Gang To Die / Billy Budd / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / I Am Veronica / Rebels Without Applause / Frankly, Mr. Shankly / My Hurling Days Are Done / Half A Person / Bonfire Of Teenagers / (Auld Lang Syne intro) Everyday Is Like Sunday / Never Had No One Ever / Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / The Loop / Jack The Ripper // Irish Blood, English Heart

Setlist courtesy of 'Grant Halliday' & anon. (order not 100%)

Last edited:
Yeah, I agree 100%.
You get the feeling the reviewers really hoped he'd make an arse of himself, and were left seething that he played a blinding set to a devoted audience.

The reviews were clearly delivered through gritted teeth, and like you say, could put off the casual fan.

Things deemed negative are good for press, so as always they have an agenda no matter what Morrissey does, even if he apologized they would still bring it up, even if Morrissey apologized Mike Rourke would still bring it up, as if it benefits anyone.

The world is full of crashing ….

Things deemed negative are good for press, so as always they have an agenda no matter what Morrissey does, even if he apologized they would still bring it up, even if Morrissey apologized Mike Rourke would still bring it up, as if it benefits anyone.

The world is full of crashing ….
….cars?

Moz is in the form of his life. The Butchers and other pond creatures must be gutted. I'm drinking K cider as a warm up to Birmingham (I know where I came from, I know where I'm going, and I know where I belong...." Good Times. Viva England. Viva Moz.
Pond creatures?

Any adult unable to appreciate a great artist because he has unattractive political views doesn't really care about art. FFS given Morrissey's neurosis, social inadequacy and all the other stuff he's expressed through his art for 40 years, what the hell do people expect? And the question isn't 'can we separate the artist from the art' its 'are we going to let you separate the artist from the art (and the answer is no). We live in a world of grandstanding wankers like Owen Jones who deserve nothing and contribute nothing.

Magnificent show. The band were absolutely perfect and Morrissey is a rare genius.

Morrissey literally urged people, via his own website, to vote for a far-right political party. He has never retracted his support. You therefore really can't blame onlookers for assuming he still holds the same view.
I just get the feeling from the reviews that the journalists went along expecting something akin to the Nuremberg rallies, but came away frustrated that all they had left to write about was how good the show was, and how incident free it was.
In truth, I don't "get" his Britain First posturing, or any of his alleged racist views, but I've invested close on 39 years to the man, and nothing will diminish my love of the songs or seeing him in concert.
If that makes me a gullible dupe....ppffffttt, sue me.
Take care.

Morrissey literally urged people, via his own website, to vote for a far-right political party. He has never retracted his support. You therefore really can't blame onlookers for assuming he still holds the same view.
This has been going on since National Front Disco, and it's very easy to understand what he is saying there and it't not what he's been accused of. I don't think he should retract or apologize because it won't matter. People have been having a go at him for over 3o years, I am pretty sure he is smart enough to know nothing he says or does will change that. He can't even get his former best friend to shut his mouth about it. The Billy Bragg thread is about him taking shots at Morrissey, it won't end.

This has been going on since National Front Disco, and it's very easy to understand what he is saying there and it't not what he's been accused of. I don't think he should retract or apologize because it won't matter. People have been having a go at him for over 3o years, I am pretty sure he is smart enough to know nothing he says or does will change that. He can't even get his former best friend to shut his mouth about it. The Billy Bragg thread is about him taking shots at Morrissey, it won't end.
It's actually been going on for longer than that. NME writer Steven Wells once claimed that Morrissey's obsession with "Englishness" would see him play out his days to audiences of Union Jack draped Swastika tattooed skinheads. The fact that Morrissey called his first single Suedehead, I always believed was a riposte to that.
I've never understood how someone SO right wing could write a song like Margaret On The Guillotine or speak in favour of the Brighton Bombers, or write This Is Not Your Country(which is practically an Irish rebel song).
You also have to take into consideration that Morrissey has spent his 40 years in the spotlight being an arch contrarian and wind-up merchant, specifically targeting wooly, wet Liberals.
I DON'T separate the art from the artist, I take the whole package.....it's too late to stop now!!
Take care,
Gordon

It's not just Morrissey worried about being manhandled, I'm sure he doesn't want people breathing their germs on him. He's not a young man and is vulnerable. He probably could not take the financial hit of having to cancel shows if he caught Covid either.
Yeah, I get what you're saying, but if he is really concerned about Covid, why shake hands with virtually the whole front section of the audience? That's surely a guaranteed way to catch it. Plus he's not some doddery old pensioner. He's playing a series of 90 minute sets where he's all over the stage. Not sitting in some rocking chair like Val Doonican(one for the older members there). And surely someone who throws Gucci jackets and shirts into the audience every night doesn't have many financial worries.
You have to admit the 'security' have been pretty heavy handed so far on this tour(going by the live footage). Nobody in the crowd wants to hurt Morrissey, is it really too much to allow an embrace or a kiss?
Take care
Gordon

Any adult unable to appreciate a great artist because he has unattractive political views doesn't really care about art. FFS given Morrissey's neurosis, social inadequacy and all the other stuff he's expressed through his art for 40 years, what the hell do people expect? And the question isn't 'can we separate the artist from the art' its 'are we going to let you separate the artist from the art (and the answer is no). We live in a world of grandstanding wankers like Owen Jones who deserve nothing and contribute nothing.

Magnificent show. The band were absolutely perfect and Morrissey is a rare genius.
Meaningless rant. What’s Owen Jones got to do with any of this?

Has little to do with politics.

I just get the feeling from the reviews that the journalists went along expecting something akin to the Nuremberg rallies, but came away frustrated that all they had left to write about was how good the show was, and how incident free it was.
In truth, I don't "get" his Britain First posturing, or any of his alleged racist views, but I've invested close on 39 years to the man, and nothing will diminish my love of the songs or seeing him in concert.
If that makes me a gullible dupe....ppffffttt, sue me.
Take care.
Wasn’t Britain First by the way.

How about the pedo apologist views?

Former best friend?

It's actually been going on for longer than that. NME writer Steven Wells once claimed that Morrissey's obsession with "Englishness" would see him play out his days to audiences of Union Jack draped Swastika tattooed skinheads. The fact that Morrissey called his first single Suedehead, I always believed was a riposte to that.
I've never understood how someone SO right wing could write a song like Margaret On The Guillotine or speak in favour of the Brighton Bombers, or write This Is Not Your Country(which is practically an Irish rebel song).
You also have to take into consideration that Morrissey has spent his 40 years in the spotlight being an arch contrarian and wind-up merchant, specifically targeting wooly, wet Liberals.
I DON'T separate the art from the artist, I take the whole package.....it's too late to stop now!!
Take care,
Gordon
I’m on the right and don’t approve. The pedo apologist comments were the final straw.

You think the Irish rebel songs are on the left? Or are they examples of nationalism? Interesting thought.

That's incredibly sad. Terrible to be this badly vilified in public for simply having an opinion. On one hand, it's infuriating, although you kind of become immune to it after a while as a fan, it has also weeded out the imbeciles who believe everything the mainstream media tells them. I like the idea of being surrounded by people at the gig who can think for themselves. In fact, it's likely the biggest gathering of intelligent individuals you're likely to attend anywhere.

Definitely their loss. If only people could see through the bs and the vitriolic agenda the media has with regard to him. I believe many people prefer to live in a rose tinted, sugar coated world where they live by the adage "ignorance is bliss" and take everything anyone says at face value without understanding that these people, all people, have some type of agenda. I guess this is where my extreme cynicism pays off as I question pretty much everything.

It's a long time since I've been to a gig alone, but you're right, it does seem apt. I will be too lost in the experience to really care.

Ooh, that's true. I'll be watching out to see whether he slots it in in London, but I suspect he won't. He's definitely stubborn! But we love that about him. In all honesty, if he picks what he's happy singing on the night then we should definitely respect that.

Oh man, I adore the new tracks and Bonfire of Teenagers is beautifully morose. He's only saying what anyone with more than two brain cells to rub together is thinking. I can't wait for the album release; I really can't.

I think there very well could be a reaction to it when it's being sung in that area by the MSM. I wouldn't expect anything less from them, tbh. Ha ha Haslam! Well, I guess he can try. His idiocy has literally no impact on people who have a mind of their own. So stupid. But piggybacking off genius has always occurred and I fully expect it to continue. I guess the media and people like Haslam have nothing better to write about or do.

I just don't get why you wouldn't just stop listening to him and move on. If you want to quit someone's music that's your prerogative, but why get so involved in trying to make others cease listening to the artist too? It doesn't make sense to me at all. People are such troublemakers.
iu

MORR PLEASE Bigmouth Strikes Again as Morrissey takes Glasgow by storm with set of solo hits and The Smiths classics

Blimey - how big a chip on his shoulder does this journalist have? Spends most of the review moaning about Morrissey's political views, absolutely none of which had any relevance to the show last night.

That review :rolleyes:
M has always been a champion of the underdog, he attracts those kind of people and they are loyal to him. I don't know why the press does not understand this. There are people who have literally said M has saved their lives, they are not going to turn on him, The constant attacks whether they be from the press or Marr just make people more determined to protect and defend Morrissey. People honestly love him.

Last edited:
Brief review just now:

Music review: Morrissey, Armadillo, Glasgow
4*

He may not have started this Glasgow show with the most eloquent opening gambit, but Morrissey showed he still has a way with an arresting lyric, writes Fiona Shepherd

FWD.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom