Giving Blood

Did you give blood today?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Oh my god. it's Robby!

spontaneously luminescent
funky_blood_drop.gif

I just gave blood today, it hurt more than I remembered :eek:
but I think its important to do, don't you?
I mean, those of us who give our blood to others are better people for it, right?
Especially since everybody can use mine since I am O negative :guitar:
your thoughts on this are appreciated and don't forget to vote! :p

Last edited:
if you regularly give blood, you might also consider giving plasma and platelets. It takes more time, but it's even more vital. You can do it more frequently as well, as the effects on the body are more limited.

it's not really painful - unless your arteries are hard to find, and the nurse is still in training... :)

It's one of those things where there is absolutely no downside. It does your own body good, and every drop helps someone. I started giving blood about 6 years ago after a discussion with a work colleague, and I had to admit that I could think of no good reason not to. I would give platelets, but a test showed my veins weren't up to it. Something to do with lack of collagen, or being a vegetarian, or something else I don't understand. Anyway - giving blood - everyone wins.

P.

yeah, today I am totally drained still, woke up @ 10 am instead of 8 :eek:
I think I need to lose more weight before I give blood or plasma or platelets again :straightface:
good to see some others here give though too :)

I'm O neggie too, Robby. And I have really high iron which they like for some reason. I don't give as often as I should, but I do give. Just last month. I do it for the Snickerdoodle and juice box afterwards. :o

Only in America could someone be bribed by something called a Snickerdoodle. :rolleyes:

I can't give blood because of all the time I spend in Asia.

Only in America could someone be bribed by something called a Snickerdoodle. :rolleyes:

I dare you not to give a pint of blood for a dense sugar cookie with cinnamon and sugar on top. :yum:

Snickerdoodle-Cookies.jpg

In America you have to take a test before giving and you disqualify if you've just travelled to several countries between a 6 or 7 year period in the 80's. England is one of those countries. I don't know what was going on then but that must exclude a lot of people from donating blood. :squiffy:

I'm mostly sad reading this thread because I realize if I ever need donor blood, it might be Robby's since we can only have our blood type. :p

I used to give. Now I seem to have always recently gotten a tattoo, which bans you from giving for 6 months or something. I think that's ridiculous given 1. the typical safety measures taken at most tattoo parlors and 2. the very large number of young people getting ink. What an underused resource!
One time I saw the donation van in a parking lot, ran over and asked to donate, and the grumpy guy behind the desk said they were closed for the day. He didn't even attempt to make an appointment for another day, or to even thank me for coming by. :(

I used to give. Now I seem to have always recently gotten a tattoo, which bans you from giving for 6 months or something. I think that's ridiculous given 1. the typical safety measures taken at most tattoo parlors and 2. the very large number of young people getting ink. What an underused resource!
One time I saw the donation van in a parking lot, ran over and asked to donate, and the grumpy guy behind the desk said they were closed for the day. He didn't even attempt to make an appointment for another day, or to even thank me for coming by. :(

I walked past your recent tattoo parlour the other day and thought of you. ;)

Back
Top Bottom