And bad ones, side by side
Make me
Feel black on the inside

Not bad!
More like a haiku.
And there is a halfrhyme in it! :)
Nice try.
Now I want more. :thumb:

100%. I appreciate the level headed and sane discourse that M-solo brings to my life.

Even if you are being just a little bit ironic too, I feel the same!
Fortunately there are enough friendly, smart and funny people here posting to forget about the nasty, hateful ones, just denigrating, trolling people that didn't do them any harm in the first place, but dared to have an opinion which they didn't like.
Cheers! :thumb:

Your point seems to be that it's impossible to judge art. I disagree.

Not judge.
The judge and courtroom have no authority on this issue as to decide what is good or bad art.
Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord.
It's just taste and opinion which is quite naturally very individual.
Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord again.
Did I say anywhere your opinion, or taste about art is wrong or bad or not valuable?
I didn't.
It's nice to have a difference of opinion and to exchange arguments.
And as I already said, you are the authority, as an individual to decide what is good or bad art.
I hope you don't mind there are others with a different opinion.
I can't believe it would really bother you.

Not judge.
The judge and courtroom have no authority on this issue as to decide what is good or bad art.
Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord.
It's just taste and opinion which is quite naturally very individual.
Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord again.
Did I say anywhere your opinion, or taste about art is wrong or bad or not valuable?
I didn't.
It's nice to have a difference of opinion and to exchange arguments.
And as I already said, you are the authority, as an individual to decide what is good or bad art.
I hope you don't mind there are others with a different opinion.
I can't believe it would really bother you.

You're correct that it doesn't really bother me. I don't agree that it's just taste and opinion but I am not inspired to argue. I am not the authority on good or bad art. I was joking when I said I volunteer to be the judge.

I wonder if this thread has killed any aspirations for James to become future poet laureate ?

good going folks ! :thumb:

If I thought my poetry writing was good I would not be asking for people's opinion.

If I thought my poetry writing was good I would not be asking for people's opinion.

If you don't know if your poetry is good, how do you expect someone else knows about it? Do you believe more in someone else's opinion about your own poetry than in your own opinion?

I don't think the person asked if their poem was good or bad. They were just looking for some feedback. The idea of whether poetry or art can be good or bad was a different discussion.

If you don't know if your poetry is good, how do you expect someone else knows about it? Do you believe more in someone else's opinion about your own poetry than in your own opinion?
I don't think an artist, be it a musician, a painter or a poet should be looking for other peoples' opinions of their craft. That was my point.

I don't think an artist, be it a musician, a painter or a poet should be looking for other peoples' opinions of their craft. That was my point.

Your opinion is that he shouldn't look for opinions? So to take your advice he'll have to ignore your advice.

But seriously I think that getting opinions is part of the process of learning. People go to school to study these things. You're right I think that the person's own opinion is the most important. Nothing anyone says should make them stop and if they don't have the drive to keep doing it then nothing anyone says will give them that.
But there's nothing wrong with doing something and asking for ideas about it, in my opinion.

Unless it's witchcraft cause opinions matter to women.

The question, if you want an opinion, is "do you like my poem?" Not "is it good or bad?"

The question, if you want an opinion, is "do you like my poem?" Not "is it good or bad?"

How about"Hi, i wrote this really short song/poem would like to have some peoples opinions please," which is what he actually wrote?

Tags
help lyrics poem songs
Back
Top Bottom