girlfriend in a coma which one is the rare one (grey or green)

sistasheila

tjekket
the green 12 inch is that the rare one or the grey one 12 inch and what about the 7inch?

thnaks so the the gtreen 12 inch is the common one right?

The Regular 7" Came In A Grey Tinted Sleeve And The 12" In A Green Tinted Sleeve.
However There Are Misprinted 7" With Green Sleeves And 12" In Grey Sleeves.
Also There Is A Misprinted 7" With Green Sleeve And The 12" Tracklisting On The Rear Of The Sleeve

Hope This Helps

Hallöle Sistasheila,

Do you already have the "Record Collector " magazine, issue no 311, from 2005 (containing The Smiths Top 100 Rarities)? It's indispensable for any Smiths collector in my view...all the goodies are described in detail.

You can order your back issue here:

http://www.recordcollectormag.com/site/sections/back_issues/issue.asp?Issue=327

or get it from ebay.

(I know someone had put it online at some point - but the site has disappeared).

Liebe Grüsse
-crsp-

For the completists there is also a Dutch green GFIAC 7"....

Take care, Marcel

Attachments

• Smiths_GFIAC_NL.JPG
    Smiths_GFIAC_NL.JPG
    105.3 KB · Views: 36
The Dutch green GFIAC 7" might be rarer than the UK green 7". The Dutch green GFIAC 7" could be seen as an UK one because it is made in the UK for the Dutch market. The difference is the paper sleeve and the vinyl has white label with a big center hole. Up to now I haven't seen any other Dutch green GFIAC 7". As far as I know the sleeves for Megadisc where made in Belgium and the often made mistakes. Since Megadisc already had the vinyl they took the wrong sleeves for the first distribution of the new singles. Some famous mistakes are Panic with white letters instead of blue and Bigmouth with blue instead of grey. The last one has also a different label. I hope this solves the confusion a bit. Although it might also confuse you more!

Take care, Marcel

This is all very confusing...:confused:
I take it that the green Dutch 7 inch is not as "rare" as the UK 7 inch?

Attachments

• Smiths_BSA_blue2.JPG
    Smiths_BSA_blue2.JPG
    72.2 KB · Views: 30
  • Smiths_BSA_blue3.JPG
    Smiths_BSA_blue3.JPG
    73.3 KB · Views: 25
  • Smiths_BSA_blue1.JPG
    Smiths_BSA_blue1.JPG
    67.2 KB · Views: 31
Are these Dutch releases mistakes or simply variations? I don't think every deviation from the UK release should be considered a mistake.

These Dutch releases are mistakes. The Bigmouth Strikes Again also has 'Licensed from Hot records' printed on it which is an Australian label (The Triffids) and Megadisc did their Dutch releases too. This BSA might be a proof sleeve with a proof label. Up to now the only Dutch green GFIAC 7" I have seen is the one I have. I have discussed these two items with Stephane and he only has heard from one other collector that had the Dutch green GFIAC 7". I know there are a few pink - blue Dutch BSA 7".

Take care, Marcel

Quite interesting, Marcel, thanks for the info.
I have the 12 inch grey Girlfriend, and been looking for a green 7 inch for ages..UK or Dutch...i wouldnt mind either :).

Re: how can you tell the difference between the girlfriend in a comma green and grey

http://www.vulgarpicture.com/s1987.html

It's interesting that I've scanned my poster of this single (green version) for Flax's site and it came out looking like the grey mispress - flax had to colour it back in. I assume that something similar happened with the printing of the single.

Maybe :confused:

Dave

Back
Top Bottom