Girlfriend in a Coma trib band 1/19/08 DC

bogdana

Finer Things Club Prez
Hey everyone. GFIAC will be at the 930 club in DC next saturday. i believe doors open at 8. i;ll get more info later. Tickets are somewhere around 22 bucks. there is a neil diamond guy performing too, if that's up your alley. i'm sure if you drink enough, it will be!

i had to practice for the ral thing, if i ever get a chance to see the real thing again... and apparently i am WAY too slow to ever do it at a real moz show LOL
But it was So much fun... dare i say more fun than one of the real moz shows i went to last year!

Sold out? Seriously? Where did you find this out? Cuz if it is I suppose I'm not going then.

You are right, it is sold out...and I can only think there must be an incredible Super Diamond following filling this venue up.

You are right, it is sold out...and I can only think there must be an incredible Super Diamond following filling this venue up.

dont give up, if i dont go maybe you can go in my place... and considering GIAC is a little on the newer side I suppose youre right about the super diamond following.... neil diamond, i mean. really!:confused:

Quinn from GiaC did say after the last show, and on his MySpaz page, that this should would definitely sell out. It's probably surprising only to us that Neil Diamond has a much larger fanbase than Morrissey does.

Quinn managed to hook us up with 4 tickets, so I did end up there after all. They were very good of course. 9:30 Club was definitely completely packed and it was certainly 99% a Neil Diamond crowd. We were all feeling a little ill at ease being surrounded with such people. We heard some terribly inane conversations and of course there was the requisite knucklehead right next to us yelling "Freebird", but nevertheless we had a blast enjoying the GIAC boys, and although the crowd may not completely have known what to make of the band, they were generally speaking pretty receptive and cheered at the end of songs etc. So all in all a good time. We def had to bolt after their set though. I don't think I've ever seen 9:30 so packed.
And it's not that I didn't think Neil Diamond is bigger than Moz to the general population, but I really had no idea that a Neil Diamond cover band would attract such a following...the world is a scary place!
Anywho, Quinn told me they are playing Charlottesville sometime next month and will be at Ottobar sometime in March I believe.

Quinn managed to hook us up with 4 tickets, so I did end up there after all. They were very good of course. 9:30 Club was definitely completely packed and it was certainly 99% a Neil Diamond crowd. We were all feeling a little ill at ease being surrounded with such people. We heard some terribly inane conversations and of course there was the requisite knucklehead right next to us yelling "Freebird", but nevertheless we had a blast enjoying the GIAC boys, and although the crowd may not completely have known what to make of the band, they were generally speaking pretty receptive and cheered at the end of songs etc. So all in all a good time. We def had to bolt after their set though. I don't think I've ever seen 9:30 so packed.
And it's not that I didn't think Neil Diamond is bigger than Moz to the general population, but I really had no idea that a Neil Diamond cover band would attract such a following...the world is a scary place!
Anywho, Quinn told me they are playing Charlottesville sometime next month and will be at Ottobar sometime in March I believe.

Oh, I'm glad that you made it to the show! Did you stick around for the Neil Diamond tribute? I'm not a big ND fan, but I probably would have stayed just for the curiosity and novelty of it. It's fantastic that the crowd warmed to GiaC!

We have fambly in C'ville, so maybe we can make it down for that show.

those people were such wannabe yuppies. I made two observations: 1) they were pretty receptive and for that I was thankful. 2)they were too young to be neil diamond fans. It scared the shit out of me that almost all those people were my age, and were there were for faux ND and not faux Smiths. I almost cried and screamed, "WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO MY GENERATION!!"

They were very fake, and stupid. and I felt quite underdressed. And they apparently don't understand "Please move, wheelchair trying to get through!"

Oh, I'm glad that you made it to the show! Did you stick around for the Neil Diamond tribute? I'm not a big ND fan, but I probably would have stayed just for the curiosity and novelty of it. It's fantastic that the crowd warmed to GiaC!

We have fambly in C'ville, so maybe we can make it down for that show.

I was right outside the door talking to the 8 moz fans and the GIAC guys and I could hear it but it just sounded like distorted waste of time to me.

No, we did not stick around for the fake ND. It was way too packed full of people whom I don't need to be that close to. We felt really out of place and surrounded by lameness, & desperately needed to make a quick getaway!

No, we did not stick around for the fake ND. It was way too packed full of people whom I don't need to be that close to. We felt really out of place and surrounded by lameness, & desperately needed to make a quick getaway!

you should have said hi, btw, i cant pick people out of a crowd!;)

Back
Top Bottom