Girlfriend In A Coma and Strangeways Green mispressings Very fishy here

Discussion in 'Collectors Corner archive (read-only)' started by darby1974, Sep 21, 2014.

1. darby1974

darby1974 Member

I saw this Green GIAC 7" auction about to end. It is the green 7" "mispressing"... I looked at his past auctions and he has had 4 green Strangways "mispressings" that went for between 29.00 to 123.00 GBP and 2 Green GIAC "mispressings" and 1 about to end now. These are the only Smiths records he has auctioned. Does he really have this many "mispressings" or is he putting Strangways and GIAC records in the window to let them turn green?

What do you guys think?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/kissmysha...m418718f9d6&pt=UK_Records&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc

2. surewhynot

surewhynot Member

Re: Grilfriend In A Coma and Strangways Green mispressings.. Very fishy here..

Lol, that's funny. What's more funny is that people eat it right up. I've yet to see irrefutable evidence that *all* 7" 2 track green giacs are over exposures to light but in this case I'd be suspicious too.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does seem a little strange! It also got me thinking about the Ouija Board UK 7" sleeve with Morrissey's name in white to the front. Could that be produced through sunlight (over) exposure? I mean, is the print on the reverse of a white Morrissey Ouija Board always yellow, for example?

4. Inox

Inox Fame, Fame, Fatal Fame

5. Irregular Regular

Irregular Regular Forget my fate.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

RC explains the the green strangeways were due to an "ink failure"

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

These gfiac's are all unnatural colour changes, the only one that is genuine is the 7" green with 12"track listing. The green should be pale, subtle all most, (as it is one your actual 12" gfiac). It should not be bright over exaggerated like the ones you often see.

8. Irregular Regular

:thumb:

9. Irregular Regular

RC is incorrect in this instance.
    It's very much like the bible, full of inaccuracies.

10. darby1974

darby1974 Member

:thumb:

11. DPM

DPM Member

Even the vax carpet cleaner looks to be in a rare green hue. Very sketchy indeed.

12. Irregular Regular

'Everything's Gone Green'